Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

El Gordo! - Spanish Plume Thunderstorm Discussion 5

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Thank you SB, the voice of reason and a very positive comment. Anybody would think looking at some posts in here, that they had paid to sit in the best seats in the stadium and the teams hadn't turned up.

I'm looking forward to today and all the other storm days to come! :D

Well, no offence, but us subscribers have paid our subscriptions, and we do pay for the MetO and BBC with our taxes and license fee. I think these people rely far too much on models instead of getting out there and having a good look — they certainly don't update/dowgrade their forecast warnings — I think the MetO still had the storm warning for today up at 6:30 am.

When I was a kid, I could tell whether it was going to snow, just by looking at the sky and sniffing the air. My dog (who hates storms) is even better — he was totally relaxed all yesterday evening… I'd rather trust a £500 pedigree dog, than a £5 million computer model.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm Chaser, Weathermen and Radar Operator

All the spanish air is moving North Eastwards

Posted

Just for a reference to anyone the CF is currently axis's across Manchester. In a line from Newcastle to Cardiff more or less, however it all depends on how much forward shielding the front produces as driving back home from the 'chase' yesterday the front itself got quite convective thanks to the CAPE and nocturnal cooling taking place.

The SE could have 2 rounds today with cells moving up NE from across the channel, then into the late evening Frontal activity as a handful were reporting on here around Sheffield/Leeds/Chesterfield during last night.

Posted

Hi Coast

What's your views on potential developments?

:rofl: what after yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm cautiously optimistic about something and I think Kent or East Sussex may see it first. But a) I'm not a forecaster and b ) I'm just going on a hunch :unsure:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Hi Nick.

How come High Risk - A high risk of severe convective weather exists. Rarely, if ever used on the UK. Hail >5cm, or wind gusts in excess of 80mph, or >20% risk of a tornado within 50 miles of a point, or >70% risk of localised flooding.

wasn't used yesterday when the CAPE was over 2500?

Because as yesterday showed us we simply dont get storms like that in the uk lol we are lucky to get a damn rumble

Posted

Well it wasnt so much as a storm but between half 7 and 8pm last night we had some of the heaviest rain I've ever seen! only one rumble too. Much fresher here and a cooling breeze.

Posted

32.2oC already keep this heat coming it's gotta trigger something off today after yesterday's mishap lol

I do have a question though, people say on here they see convection. Can anybody explain to me what I should be looking out for exactly?

Really?!

I'm registering 24.4c with a dp of 19.2c and humidity @ 74% down the road.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Have issued a storm forecast for the SE today: http://www.netweathe...onvective;sess=

Please don't pray for me to be struck down by lightning again if it doesn't come off!

Bad news Nick. Louis my dog is snoring loudly and he's almost in the middle of the (slight) risk zone… all 25 kg of him would be trying to climb into my lap and frothing at the mouth if there were any storms about :unknw: Of course, I'll give an update on Louis if he shows any of his usual signs :whistling:

Edited by Iceni

Posted

You guys are still complaining, from the models yesterday they said it would be a "complex" scenario as to whether we get storms or not. it is what it is we just have to accept that it didn't turn out the way it did and wait for the next spanish plume, there is no point crying over spilt milk and moaning that the forecasters go it wrong, the fact is though we always know that they overdue things for example saying "humdingers" getting everyone so hyped and then nothing happens. the best way to know is by looking at the radars. The thing is as soon as i saw the high based clouds from the MCS in the SW that it would limit convection, Cmon peeps this is why we love or hate weather.

Posted

You guys are still complaining, from the models yesterday they said it would be a "complex" scenario as to whether we get storms or not. it is what it is we just have to accept that it didn't turn out the way it did and wait for the next spanish plume, there is no point crying over spilt milk and moaning that the forecasters go it wrong, the fact is though we always know that they overdue things for example saying "humdingers" getting everyone so hyped and then nothing happens. the best way to know is by looking at the radars. The thing is as soon as i saw the high based clouds from the MCS in the SW that it would limit convection, Cmon peeps this is why we love or hate weather.

lyep agree with you there! i love AND hate the uk weather lol! :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Because as yesterday showed us we simply dont get storms like that in the uk lol we are lucky to get a damn rumble

True, but the potential really was there!

32.2oC already keep this heat coming it's gotta trigger something off today after yesterday's mishap lol

I do have a question though, people say on here they see convection. Can anybody explain to me what I should be looking out for exactly?

No chance it's 32.2C. Your sensor must be in the sun/oven.

Posted

Had a small storm at around 1:30am other than that nothing much :)

We had it too - quite loud thunder and the lightning was lighting up the dark bedroom. Certainly cleared the air though!!

Posted

A few rumbles of thunder here in East Hertfordshire. To be honest it is very cloudy, can't see if anything is developing. Latest radar?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

cell right near me now that has apeared randomly oh my god its... missed me by a mile FUUUU

Posted

Really?!

I'm registering 24.4c with a dp of 19.2c and humidity @ 74% down the road.

Im wondering if there is something wrong with it, as it didnt really drop much in temp last night either!!! Im going to put new batteries in it and lets see what happens then.

Its currently showing 31c with Humidity at 43%...we can only be 10 miles apart

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Random techy question from yesterday.

I wanted to contribute to the facebook feed and did so on the live chase feed page but whenever I commented it made my comment my facebook status.

Very annoying. Is it possible for the guys to link, say, the netweather facebook wall to this page so we post on the netweather wall as apposed to sharing a status via netweather?

Anyway - fingers crossed for everyone again today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Well, no offence, but us subscribers have paid our subscriptions, and we do pay for the MetO and BBC with our taxes and license fee. I think these people rely far too much on models instead of getting out there and having a good look — they certainly don't update/dowgrade their forecast warnings — I think the MetO still had the storm warning for today up at 6:30 am.

When I was a kid, I could tell whether it was going to snow, just by looking at the sky and sniffing the air. My dog (who hates storms) is even better — he was totally relaxed all yesterday evening… I'd rather trust a £500 pedigree dog, than a £5 million computer model.

out of the many, this has got to be the most stupid non-constructive post so far :clap:

Posted

A few rumbles of thunder here in East Hertfordshire. To be honest it is very cloudy, can't see if anything is developing. Latest radar?

It look's like something has popped up on the latest Radar returns... It doesn't look like much though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Just had a short sharp shower here in Brentwood.. Strangely rain today shows a SW flow but the rain fell heavily from a NE direction :cc_confused: