Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

El Gordo! - Spanish Plume Thunderstorm Discussion 5

Coast

Posted

Got blue sky to south of house and grey to north and can hear thunder rumbling but not seen any lightning yet. Woohooooooooooooooooo come here storms!

Can you put your location in your profile please? :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

Can you put your location in your profile please? :good:

Done, sorry :doh:

Posted

Tricky to say.

The main action is roughly in a line from the Isle of Wight to W Norfolk with these moving NNE. Now like you say we just missed the last storm. For our location we need to see the storms develop just to the W of London so the NNE track takes them to Peterborough.

Yeah I agree, the current showers over London look a bit further west than before like the small showers over Reading and Aylesbury which look on track for our area but obviously it all depends on if they develop into a bit more than the light showers that they currently are. Would think its worth watching the radar a bit today, means Im going to waste another day doing nothing but oh well....

Posted

thunder here now,a few spots of rain. not sure if the storm is heading this way or we are on the edge of it

Edited by sparky1972

Posted

Another rumbly one approaching. Sorry to those not getting any yet but I've waited nearly 3 years to hear some thunder! 2 lots in 1 hour ain't bad!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

PROB30 TEMPO 2810/2816 4000 TSRA
for Heathrow Airport - so anything between 10z (11am) and 16z (1700) we are in for some TSRA - but Heathrow Tower's met forecaster knows something we don't giving it a Probability of 30% - he is after all trained in met.

Something forming West of EGLL right now.

My Jersey cell from this morning looks very mean indeed, intensifying as it goes over the south downs and then urban affect over London?

Posted

looking at radar we have one either side of us can definately hear two sets of thunder one to the north and one to the south . . doubt if either will go right over us though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Just had a large quite close clap of thunder! SWEEET!!!! but i didnt set up my camera :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Off out to work in a mo, but would like to offer a few words of encouragement to folk in the SE quadrant of the country.....It's looking good for you chaps today, storms firing readily along the Cold Front, heavy rainfall, frequent lightning & squally winds in the storms being the name of the game....Looking good for members living in the region The IOW to the Wash and parts east of that line...:good:

Posted

Well into this afternoon/evening if you live in South East and East Anglia. Best storms mid-afternoon

Thanks!

I would guess as the day progresses the storms will be active more SE-erly, so kent would be later?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

whoa! this lightning is getting really close!!!

Posted

SE Essex and most of Kent leading the way with the temps today - Have 26c here and it is widely 27c in Eastern and Central Kent at the moment.

Models have made a mockery the last few days, had the chance to chase either Monday or Tuesday, but today locked into picking up the kids so no chasing :wallbash: Monday looked better all the way through Saturday and Sunday with the Cold Front wiping things out today.

Enjoy your storms further west could be some CZ Type storms later running into Anglia!

Paul S

Posted

whoa! this lightning is getting really close!!!

Is it?! We just had a large crack of thunder here, and it sounds like we're getting the same as you, but I haven't seen any lightning yet!

Posted

http://www.sat24.com/en/gb

Watch the cells build as they travel N/NE, As Sebastian Vettel says 'that's what I'm talking about'!!!

Posted

I don't think the lightning reached Boston...... :wallbash:

not seen any lightening and the rumbles are not so frequent, rain got heavy for a few mins. here is hoping for some more soon.

Posted

Meant to say also sods law where we were yesterday looks like it is about to get a pasting from the area west of London soon :lol: :oops:

To me it looks like all this action is going to link to the storms over the Jersey area and march North Eastwards today and move ever towards the east towards evening time so by 5-6pm it should be in a line from Worthing towards Great Yarmouth. So hopefully by the end of the day most will have had a storm

Paul S