Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

El Gordo! - Spanish Plume Thunderstorm Discussion 5

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Morning All! I was woken up by my roomate saying he could hear thunder as per usual I flung myself out of bed and glued myself to the window its a bit grey but I didn't hear another one must be coming from further north east... did anyone get anything in kent last night or did the storms die out?

Posted

Bit annoyed that it looks like any storms are developing into electrical ones after they pass over us!<_< Hopefully the next one is a bit better!

Posted

Our Jersey Cell, is throwing out 32mm > according to metoffice and there is more and more cells around it???

Light rain showers and thunderstorm in vicinity for Southampton, Now for the South Downs to do it's work, then your'e have the urban affect and bang over London :D

20fcnl5.jpg

according to that! a miss!!!! :pardon:

Posted

I like the positive attitude. First and foremost we are all weather fans on here, however the more members that can use this as a learning curve and appreciate that CAPE and LI are not the be all and end all the better.

My motto is learn from what has happened so that you can make your own opinion based on the information available. Then look to the more reliable forecasters for the detail. If there aren't any bullish posts or confusion from the more knowledgable amongst the community then err on the side of caution.

I hear what you are saying but for me I take everyone's thoughts as their opinion whether it be the met office, forecasts from the many weather forums or just forum members. I listen to them but I don't let them influence my own forecasts. I personally go with the information available to me from the data I have access too and looking at the sky. I used to draw little maps and post them up on the forum and get involved with all the discussions but over time I realized that I was letting other peoples opinions influence mine and was more often than not turning a correct assumption into an incorrect one. So i took a step back make my own forecasts and compare them to other forecasts from people I respect and finally test my thoughts against what actually happens.

I have a huge respect for Nick F, Paul S, John Holmes and a couple of others on this site; their knowledge and forecasts are far better than mine. John Holmes took me under his wing and taught me a lot in the early days and ave me the confidence to go with my thoughts. One of the most important things he taught me was to get a base knowledge of how the weather effects the UK before trying to get your head around the models. I thought I had a relatively good knowledge after doing a weather course in the army to better understand how projectiles would fly to there targets But, although It was good basic knowledge there was a lot more to learn and that was before learning the models.

Since coming back to this forum I seem to detect more of the Playstation mentality for instant gratification. Look at some of the models but only the once people are interested in and to expect them to be right and then get all negative when they are not. There are a couple of people on here that i want to take by the neck and vigorously shake. Often they post their opinion after looking at one chart and read other peoples posts that have a lot more knowledge than themselves and then laminate floorize it into their own post which is clear for anyone to see that dont actually know what they are saying. I dont have a problem with this, I commend their enthusiasm but I wish they would take a moment to read up on how the weather works. I know we all have to start somewhere and I know we have some young people on here but some of the culprits have been posting on this forum for 3 or 4 years but dont seem to have taken the time to learn much.

Anyway back on subject, I can confirm there is Thunder to the west of Chichester which has just started in the last 2 minutes>

Posted

Dissapointly I appear to be just too far west to see anything in the way of storms at the moment but heard a few deep rumbles earlier. TEITS you think we will see any storms today or slightly too far west?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

Oh noes, I'm on this thread agaaaaaiiiiiiiin! And I never heard the storm last night (I slept through it) but found out about it from hubby this morning. No fair! Now, where did I put my life again? :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

The only rumbles here are from the RAF doing low flying exercises! <_< Have got an eye on that thin band showing on the radar that stretches up from NW France. Am wondering whether that might impact Worcestershire later on or whether it'll move further East.

Posted

Anyway back on subject, I can confirm there is Thunder to the west of Chichester which has just started in the last 2 minutes>

i like what you said!! :) wise words indeed!

Posted

Some specks of rain here, no Thunder I dont think, too bright and the clouds dont look beefy enough. I think south and east of moi is good but also North and East too. I await any rumble but there does seem to be some instability about and boy is it humid

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

I can hear distant deep rumbles of thunder. Feels a bit warmer outside.

Current temp: 17c, dew point 17c and humidity 83%.

Earlier we had a heavy rain shower and nothing on the radar. :cc_confused:

Posted

Time for me to make a dash up the hill. Goodwood here I come

and from there send it onto Burgess Hill please? :clap:

post-6667-0-77857200-1309258503_thumb.jp

Posted

That NAE to me is showing enhancement of the front to the rear-edge what i'm currently seeing over Wales and expecting to push up across over the SW into Central/Northern England (albeit mainly precip in nature not largely sferical) with the storms showing as in the SE being transitioned back out into the Channel & Northern France along what looks like a small surface low, similar to what popped up across Peterborough yesterday afternoon.

Posted

Oh noes, I'm on this thread agaaaaaiiiiiiiin! And I never heard the storm last night (I slept through it) but found out about it from hubby this morning. No fair! Now, where did I put my life again? :cc_confused:

I told you you would be back lol

Posted

For Kent area? Have a look at http://www.metoffice...ent/weathermap/ - Click Rainfall, then go through the forecast!

i will! thanks! sorry if my amateur mind annoys peeps! i am trying!! :)

Posted

Dissapointly I appear to be just too far west to see anything in the way of storms at the moment but heard a few deep rumbles earlier. TEITS you think we will see any storms today or slightly too far west?

Tricky to say.

The main action is roughly in a line from the Isle of Wight to W Norfolk with these moving NNE. Now like you say we just missed the last storm. For our location we need to see the storms develop just to the W of London so the NNE track takes them to Peterborough.

Posted

Thunder is becoming more frequent here, but there has been no lightning as of yet, thunder about every 15 seconds! Hoping to see that cell towards Stevenage (11:30 radar return) develop more.

Edited by Ben_Cambs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

holy cr@p the Storm Tracker is going mental!! Got blue sky to south of house and grey to north and can hear thunder rumbling but not seen any lightning yet. Woohooooooooooooooooo come here storms!

:clap:

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Some pretty big clouds going up heading towards southend no rain shafts though..

And my head is killing

While here, it's blue skies and i'm roasting... PLEASE storm i can't stand this lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Amazing sferics off the coast of France near st malo, heading slightly more eastwards than the last one, into W/E Sussex border perhaps, first though there's the channel in the way, looks like great action just North of London as well.