Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

2nd Aug 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast Discusion And Reports

Posted

Something towering ESE of London, which I've just seen from Westminster Bridge in a cab. This appears to be the pokey little cell on radar.

Further to earlier posts, I am indeed in a suit and tie and conditions are to say the least, less than fresh!! Lol

:lol: yep! we have just got back from rochester and i need a shower! a cool one lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Typical i'm stuck under the clear slice shown on satellite :p However its actually quite pleasant outside. Perfect pint weather. Also quite interesting watching things develop this evening to the East on radar etc!

Posted

Found this while bored and storm starved, I know it doesnt belong in here but didnt seem worth making a new thread for it seen as though we're all storm starved :D

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=595_1311460876

I'd guess that strike did NOT hit the building but was somewhere a few hundred yards away. The apparent strike visible in front of the building is a common artefact on video cameras and not the actual strike.

Posted

yep! just gonna type exactly that! its definetly building!!!

It's been sitting there, stationary, for about an hour would you believe it! I guess it's formed on the orographic lift from the downs ...

Posted

It's been sitting there, stationary, for about an hour would you believe it! I guess it's formed on the orographic lift from the downs ...

ahhh yes! the downs!! i reckon it must be! and your right! its just kind of sitting there!

Edited by loopydreamer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, stormy summers and snowy winters please.

looking at radar some rain may be on way.....just watered pots n veg.....:wallbash:

And if you hadn't watered, there would be no rain at all!!!!

Posted

Just watching some nice convection to the NE of me. Looks like an anvil is trying to push out from the top. Still feeling slightly muggy outside

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Despite showers in the East now, none are thundery but we could do with some rain here. Been quite dry and July wasnt that wet here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Just watching some nice convection to the NE of me. Looks like an anvil is trying to push out from the top. Still feeling slightly muggy outside

Slightly muggy? Lol

Posted

ahhh yes! the downs!! i reckon it must be! and your right! its just kind of sitting there!

I thought I spotted a lenticular cloud over the same region about 2-3pm today. Not certain - it was hiding in the murk ... it's sliding very slowly North now. Should cover Strood, Higham etc etc shortly.

Edited by Sparticle

Posted

I'd guess that strike did NOT hit the building but was somewhere a few hundred yards away. The apparent strike visible in front of the building is a common artefact on video cameras and not the actual strike.

Yeah I freeze framed it and it does look like it hits A building but one behind the one he thinks it hits

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

The BBC 6.30pm weather man just said, some lively thunderstorms rumbling away towards the homd counties and east anglia next few hours, does he know that there isnt any thunder in these showers ATM..

HAHAHA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Nothing kicking off up here today. Storm shield at maximum

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Just had a little rain shower here. Feeling very muggy.

I would love to watch the storms developing but i can't get on nowcast!! :cray::wallbash:

Anyone else having the same problem? And is there another storm radar I could watch in the mean time thats not going to cost?? :D

Posted

Just had a long shower with thunder, looks like it was building right over me. Between 6-pm - 6:30pm it became torrential with 3 rumbles of thunder. Am 3 miles south of Oxford. Looks like some more showers heading my way. Temperature dropped from 26.5C before to 21C afterwards.

Edited by audiotech

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Just had a little rain shower here. Feeling very muggy.

I would love to watch the storms developing but i can't get on nowcast!! :cray::wallbash:

Anyone else having the same problem? And is there another storm radar I could watch in the mean time thats not going to cost?? :D

I have the same problem

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Its Very warm and humid here first dark skys i have seen in a while could tonight have something instore?

Posted

I thought I spotted a lenticular cloud over the same region about 2-3pm today. Not certain - it was hiding in the murk ... it's sliding very slowly North now. Should cover Strood, Higham etc etc shortly.

excuse my ignorance but are these the clouds that look sooooo kool! like ufo's!? am i right in saying these clouds form preticipation? I dont know much about them! they must form down drafts i guess? If im thinking of the right clouds i have seen pics of them! they are amazing! :)

the wind is getting up a bit here!

Edited by loopydreamer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

I have the same problem

Its so frustrating because I have subscribed to them and they are quite good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Sky packed with instability - each little cu is rising vertically!

Rather frustrating

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Rather annoying this when generally the front forecasted out West has changed little in recent days yet the storm potential magically hopped over to the East. However much better outlook for this weekend imo especially Sunday. Although a way off at the moment, Good Cape, finally decent Lapse Rates etc are all available, none of the marginal stuff of this working week.

Its been very dry recently though so some Rain would be good, which again some of the East is now having!