Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3rd Aug 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast Discusion And Reports

Posted

Are these storms forecast to continue tonight?

Its been so long since ive seen a night storm i'd love that to happen!

Posted

Define 'storm'...I've had 8 thunder days iirc, yet only one of them I would count as a proper thunderstorm day (27th June)

Other than that it's been isolated to half a dozen flashes and bangs - you forget I'm used to seeing big storms EVERY year from childhood, including at LEAST one proper night time thunderstorm event in a year (common to have at least half a dozen, either overhead or watching from a distance). Seeing what I have both this year and previous several, it's soul destroying :cray:

Well, here we've had one rumble of thunder in one and a half years, around 3" cumalative of snow last winter and practically no rain for a couple of years........beat that! :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Well, here we've had one rumble of thunder in one and a half years, around 3" cumalative of snow last winter and practically no rain for a couple of years........beat that! :p

You win :D

Posted

No thunder although I measured 12cm of snow on the 21st or 22nd of December :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

I have to say im very happy with today although no storms overhead there were plenty of flashes and decent thunder. Rain was welcome too :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Define 'storm'...I've had 8 thunder days iirc, yet only one of them I would count as a proper thunderstorm day (27th June)

Other than that it's been isolated to half a dozen flashes and bangs - you forget I'm used to seeing big storms EVERY year from childhood, including at LEAST one proper night time thunderstorm event in a year (common to have at least half a dozen, either overhead or watching from a distance). Seeing what I have both this year and previous several, it's soul destroying :cray:

What he said.

I wouldn't class a couple of distant flashes and rumbles as a storm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snowy in winter. Hot and stormy in summer.

Storms Sheffield, Rotherham area heading up towards Barnsley

Edited by Lancashire Lass

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

The likes of jane and carl haven't even seen that and I don't think they will anytime soon!

True, but people are seeming to think the SE has been a stormfest this year and it really hasn't.

Posted

True, but people are seeming to think the SE has been a stormfest this year and it really hasn't.

Oh I know they haven't, not at all, you're only storm day was the 28th yes? Linconshire/ NE has been the place to be this year

Posted

Still nothing here despite all the nearby activity on the radar. If only that wind off the North Sea would die down and stop killing off the cells as they get here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Might be possible the reason us Westerners are such grumbling sods at the moment is because we are missing out on the bursts of negative ions which thunderstorms leave behind and which are well known to be beneficial to health.

We are effectively being overdosed on positive ions which can cause physical effects such as headaches, dizziness, fatigue, circulatory disorders etc. and mental effects such as irritation, apathy, anxiety and depression.

Ever wondered why you feel so alive after a storm? All down to negative ions...we in the west are not getting this, and are grumpy as a result.

I don't....but the North East HAS been a stormfest.

Posted

Might be possible the reason us Westerners are such grumbling sods at the moment is because we are missing out on the bursts of negative ions which thunderstorms leave behind and which are well known to be beneficial to health.

We are effectively being overdosed on positive ions which can cause physical effects such as headaches, dizziness, fatigue, circulatory disorders etc. and mental effects such as irritation, apathy, anxiety and depression.

Ever wondered why you feel so alive after a storm? All down to negative ions...we in the west are not getting this, and are grumpy as a result.

I don't....but the North East HAS been a stormfest.

i'm in the north east and nowt special has occured here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Yeah ive had 4 days of thunder heard we had 2 ok thunderstorms but nothing directly overhead although quite close. So im not complaining about those but I would deffinatley like a few proper thunderstorms like the ones we used to get in the 90's when I was growing up.

I hate the fact that ive suffered here for the last 3 days with no fans etc for nothing theres almost no clouds apart from some altostratus around. dry.gif

Im moving to Southampton about 2 mins from the sea on September the 19th hopefully the weather is better down there :whistling:

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted

Evening all

Got some lovely developing updrafts to the North East, must be around Chelmsford way. Really quite strong with pileus too. They're pulsing but never quite getting around to pushing out an anvil, at least not yet. Clear as a bell from the East through South around to the West however. You can see quite clearly where the edge of the instability lies.

Edited by Noctilucid

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Many website weather icons are showing thunder for London as the evening forecast.......nah! lol

Posted

That cell south of cambridge seems to be intensifying. Strikes now picking up on radar. It's heading straight for us. Any visuals on this?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Holy Smoke! Just thought I'd clear the driveway drain as the rain has eased off when my eyeballs were fried and there was an almighty crack of thunder, real chest vibrating stuff blink.gif

Posted

Unbelieveable weather on the drive home tonight. Lots of CGs ridiclously heavy rain, strong winds the lot. Really enjoyable if a bit scary (had to pull over on the motorway as did many others).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & sunny in summer, cold & snowy in winter, love a good thunderstorm

Hello, I'm new here and I think it's time for me to join the No Storms Club. So far here in Farnborough I've heard one distant rumble of thunder this year - and that's it. Much as I love the hot sunny weather I would LOVE a proper thunderstorm - and need to convince my 4 year old that they do exist outside of The sound of Music!