Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3rd Aug 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast Discusion And Reports

Posted

Could be the Manchester cell that's just gone up. On the NW Radar that went from nothing to a full-blown cell in about the same time-span, the cell just upwind of me now (towards Marple) is still growing yet.

Definately not in Manchester, its about 20 miles to my East, more Pennine/Yorkshire way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Could that rain just coming into Cornwall spark a few sferics as it comes through?

Loverly clear blue sky out there with a loverly breeze, but in my bedroom its 25c+ and uncomfortable I need a strong wind and cooling rain! I hope that stuff in cornwall hurries up and gets here before I go to bed.

This cell is now raining lightly on my location. Not much thunder from it at present, but nice all the same. Maybe it'll surprise me as I catch up on Top gear :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Still a little convection in South Staffs....

nice little anvil gone up over the back of Barr Beacon

post-12214-0-84827400-1312395099_thumb.j

I'm sure i've just seen that pic on Great British Weather. Did you send it in?? lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Could be the Manchester cell that's just gone up. On the NW Radar that went from nothing to a full-blown cell in about the same time-span, the cell just upwind of me now (towards Marple) is still growing yet.

Wherever it is, it was a beauty to watch develop so fast :) More than made up for the lack of actual storm here, pure meteorology in action

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

I'm about 40 odd miles east and can see nothing of the sort. All that action is nearer but to my north

EGLL 031850Z 22012KT 190V250 9999 FEW050CB 25/13 Q1014

CBs still for the latest METAR.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

nothing but clear blue skies towards heathrow I can see the planes taking off from there they fly straight over my house.

Posted

Very intereasting situation. An hour ago we picked up a very strong easterly wind and if you zoom in on south yorks / lancs you can clearly see it on rain today as a light rain band heading east to west. On this line storms have errupted from nothing. :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

The cell that passed me earlier has now developed into a classic anvil, approx 15 miles to my North. Radio picking up weak sferics as well.

post-12190-0-48143700-1312398308_thumb.j

Posted

Clearing skies here now as temps slowly sink for the evening, combined with a shallow ridge ahead of the atlantic warm front

moving in from the west. Steady light rain from dawn tomorrow will lead to a dull overcast day of a very english summer rain,

persistant with heavier bursts possible. Meanwhile the continental thunderstorms will rumble away over central Europe still in

the hot summer air.

Posted

thunder 2 - 3 times per min now.

Storm 18 of the year... :ph34r:

Edited by Richie V

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Clear skies over me but away to the North East on the horizon an impressively large CB with anvil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Clear skies over me but away to the North East on the horizon an impressively large CB with anvil.

Yeah the photo I uploaded didn't do it justice, was impressive

Posted

Could that rain just coming into Cornwall spark a few sferics as it comes through?

Loverly clear blue sky out there with a loverly breeze, but in my bedroom its 25c+ and uncomfortable I need a strong wind and cooling rain! I hope that stuff in cornwall hurries up and gets here before I go to bed.

Just south of you in Northwood and this oppressive heat is getting too much now, like you I hope it breaks with the weather coming in from the south west now. Thursday should see the big change for us I think. Temp in my flat hasn't fallen below 27.2c for almost 48 hours now. And not even a storm in sight for us

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

That cell over in West Yorkshire seems to have weakened, we'll see what happens, doubt it'll make it here though and if it does it will probably have weakened significantly/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

nothing but clear blue skies towards heathrow I can see the planes taking off from there they fly straight over my house.

Clearing skies here now as temps slowly sink for the evening, combined with a shallow ridge ahead of the atlantic warm front

moving in from the west. Steady light rain from dawn tomorrow will lead to a dull overcast day of a very english summer rain,

persistant with heavier bursts possible. Meanwhile the continental thunderstorms will rumble away over central Europe still in

the hot summer air.

That's what I thought, I am seeing nothing but CAVOK! Someone in the Tower doing the METARs must be potty. I am 15 miles out towards the EAST, and they establish over me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Some models notably NMM and weakly the GFS picking up on a risk of some convective activity behind the front tomorrow in London and nearby Home Counties. I shall be in London tomorrow so here's hoping something occurs. :D

Posted

That cell over in West Yorkshire seems to have weakened, we'll see what happens, doubt it'll make it here though and if it does it will probably have weakened significantly/

Look at that one over sheffield coming to life YUM!

Posted

Some models notably NMM and weakly the GFS picking up on a risk of some convective activity behind the front tomorrow in London and nearby Home Counties. I shall be in London tomorrow so here's hoping something occurs. :D

D'you recon we will see anything Sunday? :D

Posted

I'm a mile or so from Heathrow, and completely blue sky here, one big cauliflower off to the north east - will be taking the dogs out soon now it's cooler so I can get a better look - really hoping for storms as I have tommorrow off - will we be lucky?????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

The clouds are starting to explode to my south and west I thought things were supposed to die out at sunset? Am I just showing my lack of knowledge lol??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, stormy summers and snowy winters please.
Posted · Hidden by maxemoo, August 3, 2011 - .
Hidden by maxemoo, August 3, 2011 - .

Nice flash to the south and now the rain has started.

Just a couple of hours until it is dark and hopefully the storms/lightning will still be around by then. Keeping things crossed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

the hot summer air.

Yet again what random statements!

Yesterday cloud cover would shroud the SE limiting temps to 25-26C - as expected, 30C achieved yet again.

Tomorrow it's steady light rain..... On what basis exactly do you believe rain will be both light and steady??? I swear some of your posts are designed solely to both mislead and frustrate other members!! This is the severe/storms/ convective thread! Not interested in "steady light rain" FYI and I probably speak for the majority here!

Edited by Harry