Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

22nd into 23rd Aug 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast Discussion And Reports

Coast

Posted

WOOOOAAAA...HUGE prolonged flashing followed by exceptionally loud thunder! Amazing yahoo.gif

lol! wow! kool!!! keep us posted!! and have fun!!! smile.png

Edited by loopydreamer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

250 users reading!!...at ten pm on monday night.. must be something on its way

nope, just a case of TV being crap again ...lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Can see the centre low moving more NE now on sat images..think im going to miss anything electrical tonight...dam. Just waiting to see if that band in the channel develops more..doubt it.

Good luck tonight those in the SE, stay safe though if you're out and about chasing!good.gif

Posted

Current flashes being observed are around 4 to 6 a minute, still distant, but starting to make out the cloud formations

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Hi fellow Eastbourneans?! - It looks like a giant foot on the latest radar image - the toes may hit us laterrofl.gif

Ready to kick some butt

Edited by Paul Carter

Posted

UKASF have updated their forecast for tonight, moderate risk area: http://ukasf.co.uk/storm-forecasts/81

thanks for posting this and if that is right im slap bang in the middle of moderate!!! bring it on!! *runs to the fridge for another can of stella*

Posted

Current flashes being observed are around 4 to 6 a minute, still distant, but starting to make out the cloud formations

TX SnowMania, Looking increasingly good, now we just have to hope it keeps it's strength as it looks like we will get a good hit from this. clap.gif

Posted

Well it's just my bl***y look isn't it, spend the weekend in Chichester and on the eve that I come back they are in the moderate zone for tonights plume. But hey I'm used to it now, the potential is what excites me not what actually happens hahaha, but good luck to you all tonight, from a very demoralised Staffordshire :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

lol! wow! kool!!! keep us posted!! and have fun!!! smile.png

lol...very unprofessional terminology I know with my last post but this is intense. Bright blue fork lightning lighting up the whole sky coupled with heavy rain. The best storm we have had here for a while! A little unexpected as well, especially as our local met were going for occasional showers with the risk of thunder earlier on this evening. laugh.png

Edited by Fitzwis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Hopefully we'll be seeing storms like these tonight!

Posted

250 users reading!!...at ten pm on monday night.. must be something on its way

250 people desperate for a Thunder storm or lightning strike! laugh.png

Posted

Well it's just my bl***y look isn't it, spend the weekend in Chichester and on the eve that I come back they are in the moderate zone for tonights plume. But hey I'm used to it now, the potential is what excites me not what actually happens hahaha, but good luck to you all tonight, from a very demoralised Staffordshire biggrin.png

Sooo sorry for you, but I guess not sorry enough to spoil my enjoyment if we do get anything and it is starting to look increasingly likely. Woohoo!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

Hi fellow Eastbourneans?! - It looks like a giant foot on the latest radar image - the toes may hit us laterrofl.gif

I'd say you guys are in the sweet spot tonight anywhere between Bognor & Hastings looks to be in the firing line, and yes it does indeed look like a giant foot..ha ha

Posted

nope, just a case of TV being crap again ...lol

I agree, AJ. Why bother watching something that to many has no interest at all to the masses but keeps you on tenterhooks when something interesting may occur?

You know... "You expect this sort of thing at this time of year so I don't see why the big deal?"

I am of course talking about Big Bore-other. :)

Phil.

Posted

Well it's just my bl***y look isn't it, spend the weekend in Chichester and on the eve that I come back they are in the moderate zone for tonights plume. But hey I'm used to it now, the potential is what excites me not what actually happens hahaha, but good luck to you all tonight, from a very demoralised Staffordshire biggrin.png

hey, I spent the weekend in Kent and am now in Norwich - quite annoying haha!

Very interesting to watch though :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

LOL

Im in the mod zone kerching ?

Looking rather good for you!......I'm in the NEC (No Effing Chance) Zone in south Staffordshire...lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

The Westerly flow here has now stopped. The clouds are static, I suspect a turnaround with the advancing front from the South West dominating the local features. God knows if I can bear the suspense!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

www.isleofwightweather.co.uk/live storm data.htm. Take a peek.

Edited by silver line