Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

22nd into 23rd Aug 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast Discussion And Reports

Coast

Posted

Tower Bridge cam could get interesting later on in the night and early morning hours (for those still on the 3rd cup of coffee lol)

http://www.thetowerbridge.info/webcam/live-images-of-tower-bridge.html

Posted

Looking rather good for you!......I'm in the NEC (No Effing Chance) Zone in south Staffordshire...lol

Yep, just think I could of been in the mod zone if I would of risked spending another £50 to stay another night, but had to defied Wednesday...

Posted

To right lol, I'm guessing you've had a storm though there this summer?

nope!

I live pretty much in Norwich now, we've had an occasional thundery shower but no actual proper thunderstorm. Really disappointing.

Posted

£50 for a banging storm that could happen..I would ;)

I wish I would off, but just imagen it, Wednesday the potential was just worsening by the run and I thought it was going to carry on deterioating. Wish I could go back in time :(

Posted

In Bournemouth at mo and very close to jumping in the car and heading east. I have heard portsdownhill viewpoint in portsmouth mentioned. Good spot to go watch this come in??

What time do people think this should be hitting that area all being well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Re-intensifying over the channel...this is a spectacular occurrence

Posted

Evening all.

Just to report in steady rain now falling in SW London. Looking good for me here tonight well within the general risk line. But as always the general rule though is that it will come down to now cast situation yes the rain will no doubt be coming but its going to be so hard to pin down where the embedded TS are going to hit. Here is hoping we all get a slice and stay safe.

Posted

' I've got chills there multiplying, and im losing control, because the power your supplying, it's electrifying' cant remember who sings this!!!! WOAH!!!!! lol! sorry guys! just a little excited right now!! rofl.gifblum.gifgood.gif

Posted

Re-intensifying over the channel...this is a spectacular occurrence

Have noticed, Paul. I think our resident member in Jersey hasn't seen anything yet.

I have a pretty good feeling that much of the south coast could well be in for a treat if this MCS can hold firm. Not that Bournemouth or Dorset need any more rain but I wish you all the best. But as I said in an earlier reply... STAY SAFE!!

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Woooooooooooooooooooo this is getting very exciting acute.gif fingers crossed for the greatest storm dorset has ever had!

Posted

Distant flashes slow increasing, around 9 to 12 a minute now!

Starting to look really good now as the rainfall radar shows that the rainfall isn't decreasing as it hits the Channel. Looking good for the lightn ing too. many thanks for being the Look Out SnowMania.

Posted

' I've got chills there multiplying, and im losing control, because the power your supplying, it's electrifying' cant remember who sings this!!!! WOAH!!!!! lol! sorry guys! just a little excited right now!! rofl.gifblum.gifgood.gif

Grease. John Travolta. (Showing my age now! :( )

Phil.

Posted

On another note anyone know why it is raining here in SW London radar not showing nothing yet? Could it be something to do with the instability in the air? If so that seems good for later.

Edited by winter watcher