Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Have You Put Your Heating On Yet ?

stewfox

Posted

We put our heating on last night for the first time for an hour or so to take off the chill. I expect it'll be on again today as the high is only 13c. it's 12c right now!

Yep our house is a mid 1900 terrace. Quiet damp and draughty without heating from Autumn onwards. We have double glazing but we have a big old front door that lets draughts in and we have brick vents that let the draughts in and huge voids under the floors downstairs. Only upside is that in summer the house is lovely and cool.

Often it's quite good to be mid-terrace as you can just let your neighbours put their heating on and get some warmth for free, maybe that's what they're doing to you haha

Posted

Heatings been on here since mid August, our house was built pre 1930's and constantly feels cool. Even during the hot spell last week the moment you walk into the house you are greeted with a cool draft. We have the usual- double glazing and that stuff they pump into the walls and it still makes no difference.

Sigh...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Currently 12.5c in this part of the world - drizzle, rain and now overcast skies - heating? Non.

Currently 12.5c in this part of the world - drizzle, rain and now overcast skies - heating on? Non.

Posted

No heating on this far south for a awhile yet but we will light the woodburner when it gets chilly. It would seem mad in our house to heat the whole thing when we are sat in the living room for the evening.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Put it on this morning 15.7C in the back room 13 C in the front probably be off again this evening though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Of course, I'm cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snowy in winter. Hot and stormy in summer.

Often it's quite good to be mid-terrace as you can just let your neighbours put their heating on and get some warmth for free, maybe that's what they're doing to you haha

Haha you're not kidding. We have 2 elderly gentlemen living either side who don't have central heating. They rely on gas and coal fires.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I refuse to do so until after my birthday although i am sorely tempted.

Gone down a temperature drop of almost 15 degrees in 5 days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

We lit our fire the other day, no central heating yet.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Still not on, and not likely with a very mild week to come! Just as well given the price of heating oil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Our fire has to be on in order for the central heating system to work so we usually don't put it on anyway unless there is going to be a lot of day's of cold weather.

We either use logs or coal for the fire and so always have to order them in order to be able to use it.

Posted

It had to go on today here. The strong winds and cooler temperatures of the last week and the lack of sun today meant the house dropped below the comfortable zone so on it went for an hour and a half. At this stage that was enough and 12 hours later its still 21.1C in here so just about right.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Still ok in our place since the colder day/eve (Saturday) fell when we were having a big party. There's nothing like 20 humans and a lighting rig to warm a place up!

Been fairly mild since but since I'm away at mo I can only assume the missus has popped the fire on from time to time looking at the temperature graphs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

It's on right now, only 10c outside but a nice 22c inside :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

21C in my room.

No need to have the heating on yet.happy.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot dry summers and very mild winters

No heating on for the last 3 days

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Still waiting for it to cool down.

I did start chopping firewood yesterday in anticipation, but it was hot sweaty work with the sun out and the temperature upto 20.5C cool.png

Posted

Very mild but cloudy this week. Comfortable 19c inside and wearing a T- shirt for the most part.

Edited by Tonyh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Still havent put my heating on yet...may get there over the weekend as temps are predicted to drop away at night to well below freezing and +5 or 6c during the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

And on it goes properly for the first time this morning on the timer. Could see temps falling fast last night so set it to come on for an hour this morning. Glad I did - we were cold in bed and living room dropped to 15.2c this morning. It's now at a more reasonable 18.6c.

5.5c min overnight prob did not do my chilli plants any good at all!