Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Have You Put Your Heating On Yet ?

stewfox

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Mine went on last night. Did everything i could to stop my girlfriend switching it on, there is no turning back now......

Got down to 1.8c here good.gif

Edited by snowrob

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Well it sure was cold this morning, so the heating has to be on.

Posted

Still hasn't been on yet - i think the last time it was on was in early April - incredible really. I really don't want to fill the coffers of the energy co.s any more than i really have to.

I'm hoping to hold out until November. We had the walls and loft insulated in August, thanks to the government./power co. initiative - i'm hoping it makes such a difference this winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

No need for it yet, but the misses did mention just now that the kitchen was cooler after being in the sitting room so I fear the cool down this week might leave me fighting a loosing battle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Not got the heating on constantly yet but like this evening it is getting steadily colder and harder to resist!

Current house temperature is 15.8c and im wearing a couple of wolly jumpers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

It's on right now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot dry summers and very mild winters

I have the aircon on in just the living room for 30min to bring the temp up to 18C from 14C then switch it off and it stays off for the rest of the day. No need for any more once the sun is out. Think it might be a different approach from today onwards though. I doubt I'll light the stove until December unless it's really cold.

Posted

my heating clicked in on Sat night and was roasted but am sat here now due to come on at 1600 if its cold enough and i am feeling frozen lol so for the the 1st time since last winter i may just turn it up untill it comes on

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

It's here, finally decided to put the heating on about an hour ago and feels much more warmer and comfortable now!

Posted

It's here, finally decided to put the heating on about an hour ago and feels much more warmer and comfortable now!

Dito! Its not so much the temperature but the wind, no matter what I do we always seem to have a gale blowing through the house!

Posted

Hello from Paris ( well suburbs)

No heating yet , but being in a flat and heating is electric for me so to put it on is as easy as pushing a button.Just about 18c7 ( may be round 18c in the morning) in my room now so may wait a bit longer .As long as there is no strong winds or there is some sun shine during the day ( i get quite nice sun inside flat especially room and kitchen facing south to south east and living plus blacony facing north to north west with no obstruction) but nights are getting much cooler and i feel it inside

Just am not in t shirt anymore.

Posted

I put my heating on back in 2007 after the 'synoptic shift' and I haven't had it off since! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Heavens, ours has been used on 'n' off ever since that nice warm day on 3rd June!

Yes, same here!

Currently 4c outside the house and 20c inside. Central heating goes on due to the fact, it's bloody cold. Real autumnal feel. Should stay on until Friday at the least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

Ours has been on once, for 1/2 hour since last Winter. Our house is well insulated and sticks around 20°c anyway... New woodburner arriving Friday ready to be installed once our fitter gets a date!! Can't wait!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot dry summers and very mild winters

My living room was 13.7C this morning. Not worth putting any heating on for the 20mins I was around before I left for work.

Posted

No need for the heating to go on here yet, despite the temp in my living room only around 16c.I don't feel the cold that much reallybiggrin.png

Posted

With the prices they are currently charging?!!!! nea.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, snow in winter, wind in Autumn and rainbows in the spring!

Thats me putting the wood burning stove to good use first thing in the morning now. Winters arrived.

Ours has been on once, for 1/2 hour since last Winter. Our house is well insulated and sticks around 20°c anyway... New woodburner arriving Friday ready to be installed once our fitter gets a date!! Can't wait!!

its makes such a difference a wood burning stove. We have an energy efficient house made of Beco! It nearly passively heats, but not quite.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!

Just put our heating on for the first time since last winter, and i can feel my wallet getting thinner by the secondcray.gif

Lets not take it for granted folks, so many people are going to struggle to pay the high fule prices this winter!

Edited by thunderman24

Posted

that is very true-those of us who can afford ch costs are probably in the minority.

One thing not directly related to this thread more the model discussion perhaps?

The number of folk, mainly at the younger end, who have ch and would just love a 1947 or 1962-63 winter and cannot understand why some of us older folk cannot abide the thought of it. Two things we have experienced months on end of bitter weather, no thanks, and we also went through those 2 winters with a cola stove in one room, and ice on every window elsewhere inside the house, frozen bathrooms that had to be thawed out with kettles of water. So life is very much easier for most folk but we do need to remember those who are going to be really strapped for cash. Do 'we' eat or keep warm. Not something I would wish to have to make a choice over.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

My heating is on but not for the first time, and will be on for the rest of the winter with the thermostat set to 18c and if it becomes cold and frosty I will crank it up to 20c.