Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

3rd/4th November 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast Discussion And Reports

kold weather

Posted

Got occasional lightning here, mostly IC, sounds fairly elevated going by the thunder (shotgun type thunder claps).

Filming it on a Nikon D3100 in Full HD and will upload it as soon as I have enough clips.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Surrey I know what you mean by intense rain! It is mad heh? I actually felt a little frightened. Hope those on roads stay safe. Bet the m3 is lethal at the mo.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost
Posted

Posted

Ah ha more signal bars on the phone now - almost back to four from a one at the height of the storm. Therefore it must be passing over now . Rain eased and radar I think showed nothing more to the west unless this lot grows it's own. ;)

Posted

Raidan where abouts are you? If you think you are in the path of any you won't need to try n stay up. Trust me this will wake you up! :)

Posted

0115.jpg

this one shows the hits over Reading

heres the link and just refresh page maybe to be sure on the link!

http://www.weatheron.../en/euro/UK.htm

Thats all the detectors on then 0:

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

Hey Surrey I think you are in for a lot longer spell of this than I here in chichester so be prepared for being a little tired tomorrow. I have just finished my cup of tea and still raining although just a normal level of rain now . Have fun.

Posted

Just looked at the nowcast detectors above image and its updated live! shows the strikes over Reading now to.

Posted

Im a few miles from Bristol Airport Polar Bear,Had heavy rain about a hour ago nothing else,Info by ESS and some radar watching has kept me interested but dont know if i should bother staying up as its always the same result NOTHING!

Posted

Im a few miles from Bristol Airport Polar Bear,Had heavy rain about a hour ago nothing else,Info by ESS and some radar watching has kept me interested but dont know if i should bother staying up as its always the same result NOTHING!

Happens pretty much every time with me as well nothing decent at all! Definitely not worth staying up for me!

Posted

All exciting this!

post-11361-0-46182700-1320371965_thumb.p

Posted

Hi Raidan I am not sure which direction or how this band is moving as I am on limited iPhone. Radar looks good interns of cells developing out west as Surrey picked up. But it may be a wait. I'd suggest get some rest and let it come to you? What do you think ? All quiet now here so it has moved away not sure how far away but I suspect east? Maybe Brighton in for some action? Or is it travelling more north east?

Posted

0055.gif

0055.gif

0055.gif

0055.gif

Thats all im posting on this stuff for now...

Posted

All exciting this!

post-11361-0-46182700-1320371965_thumb.p

ESS thank you so much for posting the map updates. This is excellent and makes it so much easier for me on this iPhone too to see instantly what is going on. You rock!

Posted

Going to give it a hour if nothing happens or looks likely to then im definitely off to bed,just hope i dont sleep through anything.

Good luck and hope you get something. You won't sleep through though if it is a goodie.

Posted

Going to give it a hour if nothing happens or looks likely to then im definitely off to bed,just hope i dont sleep through anything.

Well according to the met office which i just looked at, it seems that Bristol is not included? I live just over the bridge in south wales and can see over the channel from my bedroom window, normally if Bristol gets anything so do we..... hope met office are wrong ;-)