Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3rd/4th November 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast Discussion And Reports

kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Hard to believe no sferics have been detected from some of this

Mother Nature doesn't like us.

The majourity on here should know that by now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Seems to be just rain guys!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

just got soaked here in Bmouth. Thought i could hear thunder then realised it was the sliding doors of the shop i was hiding by :fool:

I can see the darkness over your way, my webcam points in that direction. Really nice bronze colours in the cloud formations too. :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

lol.....wouldn't you just know it....as soon as it passes north of Birmingham it weakens quite dramatically on the last 2 radar grabs, only, no doubt to dramatically redevelop once it's passed though my region! :rofl:

either that, or there's an issue with the radar...behold...and compare the 2 grabs, just a few minutes apart

post-4149-0-03729800-1320424055.txt

post-4149-0-60068600-1320424067.txt

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

Hehe at least it's put our months total of to a good start!

lol.....wouldn't you just know it....as soon as it passes north of Birmingham it weakens quite dramatically on the last 2 radar grabs, only, no doubt to dramatically redevelop once it's passed though my region! :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

After these past two day's it has made me realise something very important.

If you ever do actually get thunder when it is forecast, then you are a very lucky man as the chance just seems to be so much lower of getting something these days.

Currently the skies look a bit odd here, I can even see some distant towering cumulus clouds, which are lit up bright orange, to the southwest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

For those with NetWeather extra, zoom in on Birmingham using the custom zoom facility, and watch as if by magic an area of organized convective weather which has been steadily gaining strength the past few hours utterly fall apart in the space of less than 30 minutes....I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it before, and am really curious as to how this can happen....I appreciate that daytime heating has all but gone, but the radar GFS overlays show favourable convective parameters for the midlands region, so I'm rather stumped! :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Answering frm birmingham. Had heavy rain but no tnl.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

For those with NetWeather extra, zoom in on Birmingham using the custom zoom facility, and watch as if by magic an area of organized convective weather which has been steadily gaining strength the past few hours utterly fall apart in the space of less than 30 minutes....I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it before, and am really curious as to how this can happen....I appreciate that daytime heating has all but gone, but the radar GFS overlays show favourable convective parameters for the midlands region, so I'm rather stumped! :cc_confused:

No idea but after a long time of strengthening, in one frame of Raintoday radar the whole mass just seemed to weaken....doesn't look quite right to me?

There's a line in northwest England that looks to be growing and strengthening

Edited by CreweCold

Posted

After these past two day's it has made me realise something very important.

If you ever do actually get thunder when it is forecast, then you are a very lucky man as the chance just seems to be so much lower of getting something these days.

Currently the skies look a bit odd here, I can even see some distant towering cumulus clouds, which are lit up bright orange, to the southwest.

Enjoy it, a stunning sunset occurence to have TCu/CBs and breaks in the cloud allowing the setting sun to reflect and turn the clouds pink/peach/orange.

There are still heavy showers running up across W.Dorset into Somerset so I guess those are the clouds you can see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Has been absolutely heaving down here for the last hour having started raining about 3.30. No thunder but then again it's 2011 so I guess that will have to do. Makes a change to see the whole road submerged in water - something I would never see in Egham.

Posted

What's the chances of this rain turning thundery as it hits NE England? :p

Edit...

A couple of strikes not far from Minsterworth? :o

Edited by Cloud 10

Posted

What's the chances of this rain turning thundery as it hits NE England? :p

Edit...

A couple of strikes not far from Minsterworth? :o

Not according to this one :diablo: , and i treat this as one of the most accurate. Not a single sferic since the early hours.

image_gen.aspx.png

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

Cloud 10 - I can confirm that the Netweather radar corresponds with the image you posted :winky:

Posted

Flash flooding and a colllapsed river wall in Bridgwater (Somerset) this afternoon.

Typing TA6 into the NW Radar postcode zoomer and running the radar from 15.00-16.15 shows why!

Posted

Cloud 10 - I can confirm that the Netweather radar corresponds with the image you posted :winky:

That's because the overlay comes straight from that lightning detection software. :good:

Posted

Thought I heard thunder, oh no, it's a display as it's bonfire night tomorrow.

Had fireworks every night for the last 2 weeks here.....grrr. Did you manage to do your flight today Robbie, and if so how was it ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Had fireworks every night for the last 2 weeks here.....grrr. Did you manage to do your flight today Robbie, and if so how was it ?

Cancelled, there was a row of CBs from SW to NE right over Biggin, to our east it was crystal clear. Shame really but thats life and it had to get cancelled. Aircraft is now in for an annual, so no luck for at least a week!