Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Cold Spell Discussion

Cookie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Starting to see the effects of the blob now - full cloud cover to the west and light flakes just starting to fall...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

That big blob heading for fife is causing a blizzard at Balhaldie.

EDIT. Time to turn the Soutra windfarm south and reverse the power - maybe I can suck it south :D

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Starting to see the effects of the blob now - full cloud cover to the west and light flakes just starting to fall...

Snawin steadily again here noo.

Big Innes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Have a horrible feeling the shower's going to diverge around me again - some of the shower's hitting the hill and the rest seems to be about to hit Perth.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Is blob new terminology for Winter 2011..

post-7292-0-07491900-1322992312.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

Ground wet here atm , but was told we had snow (big flakes) around 8am. Looking out the window up stairs there looks to be some on the tops of the lammermuirs :)

Temp 1.6C , Dewpoint 0.7C

Edited by Calum

Posted

Snowshield activated over Central-East Fife - clear skies to the west and northwest, cloudy to the north and south. Looks like this isn't the optimal set up for my locality. Oh well, I've had plenty of breaks in the past with convection showers so I'm not overly fussed. Good luck to those in West Fife, you must have a decent covering by now :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Everywhere white & frozen apart from a very narrow coastal fringe (which of course includes me). No sign of road treatment yet... THC, wakey wakey, little miss overtime wants to play!

The nw feed seems to have dropped overnight so although there's a huge puddle of ex-sleet in the yard, I can't see it being replenished much today. Heating on already.

Posted

Snowshield activated over Central-East Fife - clear skies to the west and northwest, cloudy to the north and south. Looks like this isn't the optimal set up for my locality. Oh well, I've had plenty of breaks in the past with convection showers so I'm not overly fussed. Good luck to those in West Fife, you must have a decent covering by now :drinks:

Just a sprinkling Lss. It snows lightly then stops. Still I'm not complaining,it's still snow :)

Posted

A couple of photos showing the gardenpost-2744-0-95125200-1322994091_thumb.jp to the east and a viewpost-2744-0-30577500-1322993985_thumb.jp across the Moray Firth to the North

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

MetO forecast mentions 'snow' and 'wintry showers' 'to low levels at times' for Scotland right throught to the end of the month.

Does this mean I can't leave my desk?

EDIT - amber snow warnings for SW/Central out now.

Edited by scottish skier

Posted

We've had nothing since the heavy snow shower at midnight. However Met Office warnings have upgraded with most areas seeing a yellow waring and amber in a few places.

Posted

Just a sprinkling Lss. It snows lightly then stops. Still I'm not complaining,it's still snow :)

Aah well, looks like we're all in this together east of the M90 :lol:

Far northwest dwellers - any news from your part of the world? A good friend of mine is up in Gairloch visiting his girlfriend and is attempting to get back down to Fife today.

Edited by LomondSnowstorm

Posted

Just had blizzard conditions here giving light covering. Hills to south around New Cumnock totally white.

Briefly had sun out, but now clouding back over from the west.

Typical Met Office, late as usual!

Bring on the delicious whiteness!!!!

Posted

Despite the met office warning that shows my location right bang in the middle of the warning areas, it looks like it might have to wait a while due to showers not being favourable for this part of the world. However I noticed that their warning is from 3pm onwards so obviously they must be expecting something more interesting. Aswell I think the -5C uppers won't arrive till about 3pm.

I just took BoyCatchIII outside into the snow, he was screeching with delight as he has never really seen snow before (he's only eighteen months old). He was too wee last year to understand anything, but we now have our newest recruit to the snow addicts :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

The temperature has been steadily falling through the morning, it's now 4.5c from a starting temp this morning of 6.6c.

Showers of rain and hail.

Edited by Liam J