Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland - Regional Discussion

Cookie

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Will be staying with the in laws over the christmas so Happy Christmas to all.

This xmas will of course at this stage be a mild one,well i suppose we cant have a cold xmas every year. But here is to hopefully some good cold weather in Jan or Feb or both.

Posted

Merry christmas to everyone! Its kind of sad that there's no snow this year, but if I am totally honest its been a blessing not to have to worry about travel and transport in the run up to the big day- guess who is driving on Christmas Day lol. Also means that its easier to get out and about to finish those last minute things.

Ive no doubt we will see more snow before the end of the Winter. The spring like atmosphere is deceptive! Dont be fooled.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Today hasn't been mild at all but cold with wintry showers around. It's to warm up again however tommorow but get wetter. Signs are encouraging for January Strat wise and I'm sure Mountain shadow will be in and enlighten us more on the situation. We will all have a great christmas regardless of what the weather holds. So from Watcher and family I wish you all a greeeeat Christmas and most excellent new year.

Posted

Just to echo that. Happy Christmas and new year to all here on netweather, from the Dub on the thread!!! Have a good one folks, stay safe and hopefully we'll be reviewing colder models as they start down the line, sooner rather than later!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Merry Christmas guys! Hope you all have a good one. Im currently in my mother's. Just demolished an absolute beast of a buffet and now we are all in front of the fire having a few drinks. I hope Santa is good to you all ;)

Posted

its 11.5c outside!,dont know whether to laugh or cry. but anyway a very merry christmas to everyone on netweather.

Posted

Santa made me an uncle for the 5th time on christmas day. Rather than the usual winter sweater I've a t-shirt on today aswell. Best wishes from me and family to all on here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Awww congrats! :D

I've been dealing with what I thought was a toothache, but it's looking more like an abscess. At least I managed to wolf down my dinner before it became excruciating (like it is now!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

happy st stephens day/boxing day!

had a great xmas, a totally indulgent one.

weatherwise, its been awful, gale force winds and constant rain and drizzle. :smilz38:

just remember guys and girls. this time last year, our severe cold spell was coming to an end, with no further cold weather after that.

we still hopefully have our cold weather to look forward to in 2012, january/february.

heads up people, and dont drink too much! you might miss the cold weather. :D

Posted

Santa made me an uncle for the 5th time on christmas day. Rather than the usual winter sweater I've a t-shirt on today aswell. Best wishes from me and family to all on here.

Congrats Watcher, lovely xmas present!

My sister told me of a weather almanac that says we are to experience temperatures never seen with us in January 2012. Keeping an open (but still slightly dubious) mind on this.

Wild windy the past day or so. On the plus side there is a lot of trifle and only one man for the job! :acute:

Posted

maybe it meant record mild Baltic :acute:

Could somebody please come and give me a head transplant :bad:

I hope not, but could very well be!

Tis a sad day in the Baltic household..... We are now down to four chickens. :cray:

Another has got a gammy leg.

Going to have to get a few pullets in the new year.

Posted

Could be worse baltic, my dad went from 6 to 0 chickens in one day as a fox beheaded them one by one. He at least got the fox. Things are looking interesting for January. I will grant us a brand new thread for January on New Years. Cooler today than of late.

Posted

Sounds interesting Wathcer would you go with the current thinking of a cool down by the 2nd week of Jan or do you think it will come in sooner than that?

Alright Baltic we lost one chicken in the year when the dog got it it had it in its mouth for one second before I stopped it, the chicken seemed okay but was dead the next morning - I think it died of fright!

Posted

Aww I hate it when foxes get chickens :(

We had 12 of them and the fox came one night and killed two, the screaming noises from the hen house were awful and I'll never forget the noise.

The chicken run and hen house are now like fort knox, even we struggle to get in there sometimes, but we havn't lost a chucky for around 8 years now to foxes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

Does feel cooler outside this evening.

Checked our rainfall total for December so far....... 118mm.

yep quite a lot of rainfall this month baltic. and a lot more to come by the looks of things.