Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland - Regional Discussion

Cookie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Unfortunately as the cloud moves over the temperatures. Hard frost here already, might get a few flakes.

One year ago tonight was my best memory of last year. The cold front pushed down through the early evening introducing -10oC upper air. Once it dug it in, it soon started building massive prolonged heavy snow showers.

I remember looking at the radar and seeing the massive blobs and feeling elated that it was all snow. Brilliant night.

That was the 17th was it not? It started here on the night of the 16th here but most of it fell the following evening. 30cm in less than 24 hours, good times

Nothing but rain and hail here tonight, temperature has been steady around 3C all night

Posted

A few snow showers but nothing sticking.

This cold snap has been very poor. The wind direction just hasn't been northerly enough with the upper air more heavily modified as a result.

Posted

Dry here all day, looks like our last chance of any snowfall tonight, back to milder weather for the next week. It has been a frustrating few weeks, always just a few degrees too warm for any worthwhile snowfall outside of higher ground but at last its been seasonal instead of the boring nothingness throughout November

Posted

cold frosty night here. temp -1.3c. chance of some showers moving in from the north in next hour so interesting to see what they bring

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Rain and sleet on and off here all night. Been busy today playing in a snooker tournament, which unfortunately I got beat in the semis by NI's number one (he hit breaks of 118 and 80 against me) but did notice some fantastic cloudscapes today whilst out having a puff.

Edited by The watcher

Posted

well that was a slippy day if ever there was!

road where i live is steep and the drive is steeper! reversing in past my wife car was dodgy enough. just sheet black ice everywhere. all going fairly quickly now though.

Was at a carols by candles service this evening and last years was cancelled due to weather.

So here comes the mild weather!

Posted

In work, and the very unreliable thermometer in here states its 5 degrees... Certainly feels milder... Have to do a small bit of outdoor painting this week. Reckon Wednesday morning is my best bet. Seems it may be the driest spell over 48 hours or so to allow it dry!!!

Posted

Tuesday should be mostly dry as well going by both HIRLAM and NAE

A dry and mild week ahead, pretty much nothing interesting from a weather point of view so looking like a quiet week ahead on here

Edited by Harps

Posted

I have to say I am welcoming the mild spell. Its nice to not have an icicle hanging off your nose all day, or feel frozen to death morning noon and night. Hopefully I might get a chance to get rid of this horrible cold if it stays milder for a wee while.

Posted

Tumble weed!!!!!!

Snow has gone as has the risk of it...... as has the community!

Hopefully my last day of work tomorrow and looking forward to a break. Been a solid straight slog since end of July.

Here's to Christmas preparations! Love the run up to the big day even if its going to be green!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I dont think our usual drizzly days are much to talk about :p. See them often enough!

But yes, can't wait for Christmas now. Im all sorted and good to go. Shame there's not gonna be one flake of the white stuff, by the looks of things :(

Posted

Yes, not much exciting weather in the outlook at the moment but if hp does get far enough North we might see some nice minimums.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Its pretty warm in my house tonight and the heating is off! Never thought I'd be saying that a few days before Christmas! Around 11 degrees at the minute.

Posted

I've still my shopping to do. Was never one for being organised at this time of year. Weatherwise we've a bit of hype in the model threads over an SSW event and a slowing of West to East angular momentum at 50-60North. In laymans terms a chance of PV displacement and Jetstream amplification and lack of steam possibly helping HP develop in more Northern latitudes in new year.

Posted

Ó le fÓram na Breataine Bige, Nollaig Shona agus Athbhliain shona duit go léir :)

O Fforwm Cymreig y wefan hwn, Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd dda i chi gyd :)

From the Welsh thread, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all :)