Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland - Regional Discussion

Cookie

Posted

I live in Dungiven and it took 25 minutes to do the five minute (literally!) school run. Disaster! Traffic backed up both sides of the town. Derry is flooded. Read on BBC news as well about a landslide causing a 30m wall to come down in Derry, crushing 3 cars.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...reland-16173549

Some pictures here;

http://www.u.tv/Gall...63&ImgId=192681

Juuyoku that sounds horrendous. We have had snow and sleet and there is a horrible slushy mess all over the roads and driveways, with snow on the grass. Temp here is 0c. Forecast says it will be fine and sunny this afternoon but the skies here are pure lead grey. My worry is that the slush and snow will freeze tonight if it lingers that long. It makes driving so difficult.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Its starting to go slushy here now, grey sky but nothing falling. Will be a nightmare tomorrow if it all freezes over. Temperature of 1.5 here right now. It said on the weather at 11:25 that there's more snow tomorrow. My daughter's class are actually going to Derry today for a school trip to see a play. I wonder if they'll make it :(.

As it turns out, that crushed car belongs to an acquaintance's mother and the van to her neighbour.

Posted

Hope your daughter gets to see her play, Juuyoku!

I am in the nightmare scenario of having no food in the house lol! Wondering whether to try and brave the roads but a neighbour has told me they are treacherous.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

A lot of lamp post watching on Thursday night I'd imagine!

uksnowrisk.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Sleet has cleared here and the wind has gone, sounds like I've got away with the best conditions of the wild spell. Hope all parties who've been effected are safe.

Posted

The slush is far worse than any snow! First of all, its horrible to look at, secondly its sooooo slippery! At least you can normally hold your footing in deep snow!

Plus we now have a 2 hr window before it freezes up again and then there are due to be snow showers overnight and into tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Frost, Thunder and Storms

A lot of lamp post watching on Thursday night I'd imagine!

uksnowrisk.png

Hi Born - did you have snow today in your area in Cork - acording to Met Eireann there were snow showers in Cork Airport most of the morning - unusual to see snow falling in Cork and places much further north reporting rain

Posted

Hi Born - did you have snow today in your area in Cork - acording to Met Eireann there were snow showers in Cork Airport most of the morning - unusual to see snow falling in Cork and places much further north reporting rain

Plenty of snow and sleet showers during the night, but nothing stuck where I am. It lodged in a few parts, especially around the airport. Was very icy out around the city in the early hours, made staggering home from a house party interesting!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

My daughter's play got cancelled but it's been rescheduled for January. At least her class will still get it go :).

Horrible slushy stuff outside, sun is shining but it'll not melt too much I'd think.

Posted

Just had a wee look at the latest radar and a band of showers developing off our west coast! Seems to be intensifying to! Will this reach us or will it fizzle out as it crosses land?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Just had a wee look at the latest radar and a band of showers developing off our west coast! Seems to be intensifying to! Will this reach us or will it fizzle out as it crosses land?

Taking its time but it should be hitting me soon so will let you know! The temperature has actually risen in the past hour though so looks like more slushy muck if it does do anything

Posted

Well now! That was a surprise. Just started to snow when I woke up and Ballyclare seemed to become gridlocked really quickly. I had to abandon the town route and bead out country way again. 4wd is definitley the way to go!

Theflooding looked reallybad in the north west.

Things very cold and the remaining slush has icedup now. tomorrow will be slippy alright!

Our building had to be evacuated todsy because of a fire alarm. Honestly, the things you girls will do to seea fire man!

Posted

Sleet falling in Cork now, which is surprising as the temperature is now up to 6.2C. I'm thinking maybe it's not actually sleet, could be some graupel mixed in, hard to tell.

Still to see any lying snow close to sea level.

Posted

well done to all who got the snow. my part of the country got very little in the way of precipitation yesterday and today was completely dry. nice frost setting in now and temp is -0.7c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Good man Harps. Let us k iw what happens as it looks pretty beefy!!

Didn't even get a drop from it, fizzled out over the hills. Looking good for more snow over the next few days anyway with a cold north westerly

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Moderate rain here,temp 3.4c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Welcome the contingent jackd.

Very frosty and icy outside tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

Well the rain here didnt last long. Clear skies now and as a result temps dropping. Temp 1.9c

I would imagine any damp surfaces from the rain will become icy soon enough.