Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland - Regional Discussion

Cookie

Posted

Happy days! I had just checked the warnings before 12 so this is a nice surprise! Have to travel to Antrim all week to so could be interesting! I'm at 100m to so should see something!

Posted

I'm sure it will buddy!! As we speak I'm packing my sleeping bag and snow shovel! Lol! Last week on my way over the Glenshane I have seen a bit of snow! Especially Friday when I went through Dungiven the snow started to get pretty heavy and started settling in the Glenshane! Have a couple of short videos that I will try and upload some time!

Posted

Yes could be some good accumualations tomorrow Ronan, very wet here tonight.

The black ice this morning was unreal a couple cars crashed into ditches.

Why do I get the feeling that we are not out of the woods regarding Fridays storm...

Edited by Pomeroysnow

Posted

Im on the wait and see camp. Think we could get a wee surprise. Met office warnings are interesting. Accumulations from100m+.

I found a great use for the snow shovel on Sunday morning! Was able to clean the chicken coop in a quarter of the time!

Posted

Inspired thinking Baltic, I never knew chickens could crap so much - I only have five and the amount of crap is on a par with the amount Frostyjoe used to come out with ..... what ever happened to him anyway

:rofl:

I also have five. just checked on them and one has gone lame. curry anyone???

They do poo an incredible amount but it makes fantastic compost. not as much as FJ but considerably more useful.

just checked the rain gauge and we have 54mm of rain so far this December.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Surprised to see snow showers on the BBC forecast earlier, wasn't really expecting anything more than the wet sleety stuff we've had all week. Wait and see tonight but I'd be surprised if there's any lying snow here

An interesting day tomorrow nonetheless with strong winds and squally showers

Posted

I'm surprised to that there isn't a bit of ramping in here tonight!! Gonna be a very interesting day tomorrow! Just goes to show that anything can pop up at the last minute! These storms are the key to our weather at the minute and as the air is so unstable then anything can happen!

Posted

temps got as high as 7.2c briefly this evening. now that front has pushed through temps have dropped to 4.7c. doubt we will see any lying snow at low levels tomorrow, again a bit of altitude will make all the difference which makes pomeroysnow a favourite to see it.

Posted

I am surprised there is not more talk on here about tomorrows snow potential??

I just don't see it Pom. 850's below -5oC means rain for me apart from the mountains. More chance at the weekend.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Clear here atm temp 5.3c,we had some heavy showers during the evening with the temp getting up to 8.4c

The next few days look interesting, chance of snow for some- more especially hilly areas of course and of course the chance of strong /very strong winds.

Next week atm anyway looks like we are back to the mild boring stuff for a few days at least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

Some showeres of wet snow here this mornng,the first time ive seen a flake since early jan.

Temp 1.7c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

No snow in Cork. Parents in south Tipperary say it's snowing there though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Snowing away here at the minute and it seems to be sticking! Wish it was today I had to go to Maghera for the dentist- the Glenshane Pass could be interesting!