Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland - Regional Discussion

Cookie

Posted

Cold clear and icy last night. Perfect conditions for watching the meteor shower- through my velux winow of course! Saw 21. Incredibly beautiful. Some streaking across the sky like a fireball, others look like they just dropped out of the sky!

Edited by gingercat

Posted

Just watched the NI online forecast... it said significant snow for eastern areas! That means you and me watcher!!!

When is it expected Ginger?

Edited by mountain shadow

Posted

Just saw the 1.30 foreast, the graphics were definitely rain on the screen through tomorrow. The Met office say rain, sleet and snow. Again it looks very marginal and would say sea level as little chance of laying snow.

Ronan, I think it is mainly eastern areas seeing the main band of precipitation, the west is more showery.

Posted

Perhaps rain tomorrow MS but at my elevation I believe any precipitation tonight will fall as snow. And most likely ours will be sleet tomorrow rather than rain.

Edited by gingercat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

folks, be very careful driving on the roads especially at night.

my partner crashed into a wall at 6.00am this morning on her way to work.

she said the the road was like a skating rink with no evidence of grit.

she is ok, not injured or anything, just shocked and is taking the rest of the week of.

the car is possibly a write off, it still has to be assessed.

the road which she crashed on is the n60 going from castlerea to roscommon town.

please take care everyone.

Posted

Yes, two girls have crashed from my work as well, both fine though.

Ronan, have to agree with you. GFS 12z shows all the precipitation in the north and north west. No idea where this stuff in the east is coming from.

Posted

Thats awful hope everyone is ok and everyone should take extreme care.

Roads were awful this morning. had meeting at 10am. Took me hour and half to go less than 2 miles, main road had not been gritted at all, was a sheet of ice on it.

In other news: Metoffice going for sleet and snow overnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Nothing falling in Cork at the moment, but the rain band is very near. Currently 6.2C and a dew point of 3.8C, so I'm not hopeful for any snow...

Posted

she is ok, not injured or anything, just shocked and is taking the rest of the week of.

the road which she crashed on is the n60 going from castlerea to roscommon town.

Gosh I am glad she is ok. Take care everyone!

Ronan, have to agree with you. GFS 12z shows all the precipitation in the north and north west. No idea where this stuff in the east is coming from.

The BBC Ni weather forecasts snow or sleet and snow for Northern and Eastern counties. Its starts off as rain this afternoon in the west and becomes wintry as it crosses the country and the evening progresses apparently.

Edited by gingercat

Posted

Glad to hear your Partner is ok Stormforce I have seen a lot of cars crashed the past few mornings, the black ice has been terrible - so whats this I hear about snow??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Tonight? I thought it was to spread SE tommorow morning. I'll be surprised if I get lying snow this weekend, was thinking just sleet/wet snow in showery outbreaks. Will have a look at the models and forecasts.

Sorry to hear that Stormforce, dangerous roads this morning. At least she is fine, that is the main thing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

Glad to hear your Partner is ok Stormforce I have seen a lot of cars crashed the past few mornings, the black ice has been terrible - so whats this I hear about snow??

is there something wrong with the grit? there has been two more accidents here this morning in the town.

everything iced over again tonight, more treacherous conditions, how come its so severe this winter?

Tonight? I thought it was to spread SE tommorow morning. I'll be surprised if I get lying snow this weekend, was thinking just sleet/wet snow in showery outbreaks. Will have a look at the models and forecasts.

Sorry to hear that Stormforce, dangerous roads this morning. At least she is fine, that is the main thing.

human life is far more precious than a car, I think someone was watching over her, it happened right on a bend.

anyway looking forward to some snow tomorrow.

Edited by stormforce 10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Just drizzling in Cork, no snow here tonight. The roads are sure to be dangerous by morning though

Posted

Interestingly enough precipitation is increasing quickly in the North, West and East quite quickly, although what this is falling as is still unknown. Anyone any reports?

Posted

Sleeting here in Antrim. Tho changes to snow when it gets a bit heavier. bit covering windscreen on cars.

Edited by jello

Posted

Well the 10 news is on now so weather soon, meto and bbc text weather is saying sleet and snow showers increasing in the N and W.

Posted

Gingercat was right enough, Angie Philips gave a forecast for sleet and snow in the North and East, settling on the hills only though with slush and ice for low lying areas. Showers almost anywhere though and turning to rain by midday tommorow. Nothing to report here though atm. Cold though.