Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland - Regional Discussion

Cookie

Posted

First snow for me this year too... Nearly got the face blown off me coming home from work this morning... Baltic feel in that strong wind!!! Not sticking, but nice to see it fall nonetheless!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

theres something up, all the big guns are on the model thread. on a week day morning at 10:30am. are we in for more colder weather?

Edited by stormforce 10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Well fairly windy here last night and this morning but dry as a bone since the cold front passed through. Send me some snow. Will see what the 'big gunz' are watching in the model thread.

Edited by The watcher

Posted

Metoffice Amber warning now issued for parts of NI. Very very wind out there and I have to go out in it. Booo!

Posted

Wild day out!! Just heard on the radio that a gust of 86mph was recorded at Malin Head! Dies anyone know what time that band of sleet and snow is due to arrive this evening? Could be treacherous on the Glenshane! Finish at 5 and wanna get up the road as soon as I can!

Posted

Wild day out!! Just heard on the radio that a gust of 86mph was recorded at Malin Head! Dies anyone know what time that band of sleet and snow is due to arrive this evening? Could be treacherous on the Glenshane! Finish at 5 and wanna get up the road as soon as I can!

Ronan I just watched the online forecast for NI today and it seems it will kick off around teatime and get progressively worse from then on. The west looks like it is going to be hit very hard by snow. Also looks cold and wintry for the rest of the week.

Thank Goodness I got my Christmas shopping finished yesterday! :smiliz19:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Around 6pm Ronan and not travelling very fast either, only getting halfway across the country by 9pm. Btw everyone, if you's haven't already noticed Iam your new regional host for this year, so best behaviour or I'll have to get the whips and chains out. :-P

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Already here is it not? Heavy showers here all day, snow/hail/sleet but the wind is nothing special. Grew up right on the north west coast so it seems I set my expectations too high now I live inland!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Around 6pm Ronan and not travelling very fast either, only getting halfway across the country by 9pm. Btw everyone, if you's haven't already noticed Iam your new regional host for this year, so best behaviour or I'll have to get the whips and chains out. :-P

Watcher, you'll be needing this so...

banhammer.jpg

Posted

Careful watcher... Some might see the whips and chains as a reward, of sorts!

It's bloody vicious out there today. Intermittent showers of rain, sleet and snow, under winds of about 35mph average, but gusted to 65mph a while back... Windchill is -6!!!

Posted

Im confused.... the bbc uk weather forecast says it will be 10c in Northern Ireland tomorrow. The Met office says our maximum temp will be 5...? :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Hahahaha the banhammer picture :D

Its a tad less windy in these parts now. The snow has just became the odd flurry every so often but it's still very grey out, has been all day. Very cold out as well! Im sort of confused myself though, I thought what we had so far today was really the height of it but there's more to come? Im lost!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Just had a brief "sleet, then hail, then wet snow, then sleet again" shower in Cork, left a covering of hail before and during the wet snow, looked quite festive for all of 10 minutes!

Posted

Why was I not allowed to use my veto? :rofl:

I know who to blame for lack of snow not then?

ps. Watch out for new members from Coleraine mountain... :help:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Absolutely wild here in Letterkenny, constant heavy driving rain, sleet & hail since around 1pm with really strong gusts

Posted

mostly dry here today apart from heavy snow shower at 9am which didnt lay. doubt we will see any snow tonight either as its currently 3.2c. just not cold enough unfortunately.