Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland - Regional Discussion

Cookie

Posted

temps down to 2.8c and humidity is low at 72% which means the dew point is quite low at -1.7c. still not cold enough for snow me thinks. what kind of temps do the rest of yous have?

Posted

No snow at all away from highest hills! The Glenshane had complete whiteout conditions when i came over it a while ago. I had travelled from Antrim and everywhere inbetween had sleet or rain! Have a look at this! The biggest wave ever recorded on these shores was recorded in Donegal! It measured an impressive 20.4 metres which is 67 odd feet!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-16156042

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

dry as a bone here.

good man watcher :good: dont go too mad with those controls.

hi there big lad.

temp 2.9c

humidity 79%

humidity is quite low for a westerly regime.

Edited by stormforce 10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Just crappy old rain here for the past few hours :(. Was just in my neighbour's car and it says the temperature is 2 degrees. Still fairly windy out there yet but calmer than earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Frost, Thunder and Storms

First snow for me this year too... Nearly got the face blown off me coming home from work this morning... Baltic feel in that strong wind!!! Not sticking, but nice to see it fall nonetheless!

First snow of 2011 here in South Kilkenny also - always nice to see the first flakes of winter - surprised really as the upper temps on cfharts today on the face of it didn't appear to support snow - we had a light snow shower this morning and again mid morning, then a really heavy snow shower around 2pm in very blustery wind made it blizzard like for 15 minutes or so before clearing away. Even two days ago I would have said we had no chance of seeing some snow here in the south-east this week based on the charts. Just goes to show things can change quickly - hopefully there will be more snow in the coming days, probably rain or sleet tomorrow but a cfhancfe of snow showers returning from Thursday to Saturday for some areas especfially the north-west EWS

Posted

Still bone dry here, the area of precipitation is holding north of Belfast and not really going anywhere fast. Must be some flooding around in the north west?

Posted

Around 6pm Ronan and not travelling very fast either, only getting halfway across the country by 9pm. Btw everyone, if you's haven't already noticed Iam your new regional host for this year, so best behaviour or I'll have to get the whips and chains out. :-P

Well done dude and best of luck with that one!

Oh good man Watcher! I kinda like the idea of whips and chains! Lol!

you know what they say Ronan,

"sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me"

Itis blowing a gale out there. Fierce!

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Some heavy wet snow showers today,it sure felt cold out in the wind, Max temp 3.4c

Currently dry and clear temp 2.7c.

Posted

There was thunder here about an hour ago. The rain is still really coming down and it's still moderately windy. Wouldn't surprised to see some rivers bursting- awful lot of surface water just outside in my estate at the minute.

EDIT- just looked outside, it's snowing. But I hear water running! Hope I didn't lose a roof tile and it's running into my attic lol :(.

Edited by Juuyoku

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Spits and spots of rain here and some very strong winds, probably stronger than last weeka judging by the rattle of my windows and whistling of it through the houses.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Serious amount of rain here today, honestly one of the worst days I've seen, hasn't stopped since around 11am and still coming down heavy with seemingly no end in sight. Back garden is under about 3 inches of water and there's going to be some major flooding on lower ground

Posted

Oh my god! Was not expecting that snow! Was so wet when I went to bed!

Take care on the Glenshane Pass Ronan, can be a very dangerous road when it snows.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Sleet and wet snow here at the minute, remembering that Iam at sea level I'd expect Belfast hills to be white this morning.

Posted

Well what an absolute nightmare of a morning! Left the house at 7.45 and only getting over the Glenshane now!! Lorrys stuck everywhere between Claudy and Dungiven and allot of snow!

Posted

I live in Dungiven and it took 25 minutes to do the five minute (literally!) school run. Disaster! Traffic backed up both sides of the town. Derry is flooded. Read on BBC news as well about a landslide causing a 30m wall to come down in Derry, crushing 3 cars.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/uk-northern-ireland-16173549

Some pictures here;

http://www.u.tv/Galleries/GalleryPicture.aspx?guid=01941f49-b201-413c-93e3-25f0278f7063&ImgId=192681

Edited by Juuyoku