Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland - Regional Discussion

Cookie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

bitter cold outside, very frosty and icy. dunno what temp is but its defo sub-zero. coldest night of the winter.

Posted

been snowing this morning and left everything white. first proper dry snow. temp is -0.1c and overnight low of -3.4c.

Posted

Same here, 2nd dusting this season. What is notable is that in the last 30 years I'd be aware of the weather it has snowed here once or twice in December, to such an extent i thought until last year it would never happen again, yet twice this year, never mind last years massive event,

One other thing, it's only a dusting, but I have often found that snow kicks off at dawn, has to have something to do with the sun rising and a tiny lift of air somehow triggers it, anyone else notice that? Early morning and you see a few flakes, then as the sun rises it starts to get heavy?

Very happy to see it anyway, looks very festive out there :smilz38:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Very icy roads and paths in Cork this morning. A few sprinkles of snow on grassy areas and cars.

On the boards.ie weather feather forum, someone mentioned a pic in the Irish Star yesterday of impassible roads with a few feet of snow near Coleraine! Could frostyjoe have been telling the truth all along!!!?

Posted

very cold day here. max of 1.7c. snow hasnt melted away from the sun and now refroze. temp got down to -1.1c earlier but cloud has rolled in and temp up to 0.6c with dew point of -1.2c

Posted

Unfortunately as the cloud moves over the temperatures. Hard frost here already, might get a few flakes.

One year ago tonight was my best memory of last year. The cold front pushed down through the early evening introducing -10oC upper air. Once it dug it in, it soon started building massive prolonged heavy snow showers.

I remember looking at the radar and seeing the massive blobs and feeling elated that it was all snow. Brilliant night.