Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

im not sure what my asl is and i wouldnt know where to look either

i used the free online ordnance survey maps to get mine but im sure there must be an easier way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

For the wintry showers currently rolling in off the Irish Sea.

Well bt we are now at minus 5 850s and the dps are taking a tumble. Maybe we might get some convection going.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Uppers aren't cold enough for anything of interest, -4 to -5c. No low levels will see snowfall, if you live about 200-250m ASL then you can get excited. A big downgrade from a day or two ago.

Winds will continue to ease slowly from now, and it's about time!

max gust today 77mph, not a bad call from the Meto who predicted 79mph.

No, you're wrong.

GFS shows uppers of -7C over us at times. Low level snow fall will be seen. But it won't lie.

Well bt we are now at minus 5 850s and the dps are taking a tumble. Maybe we might get some convection going.

As the uppers fall over the Irish Sea, it will work its magic. :good:

Difference from Sunday being the dewpoints are up to 3C lower, and the uppers are much lower too.

It's a good mixture.

Posted

St Helens looks to be RIGHT in the firing line. I'm a mile too far South. Lol.

I cant see it. I can see squally showers that have made landfall allready of thats what your on about.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Well greetings all, first regional post of the season. What a day here - 85mph gusts at Blackpool airport earlier this evening and steady 60mph's. We had a big pub notice board land under our car which read ''Sky Sports/Great Food/Live Music". sat in our hall atm - looks quite good actually! Must retuen it tomorrow! Good to see some familiar faces on here again and great to meet some new folk.

Posted

i used the free online ordnance survey maps to get mine but im sure there must be an easier way

no idea swain i wouldnt know where to look for the free ordanace survey maps just difficult to find where i am lol

Posted

I cant see it. I can see squally showers that have made landfall allready of thats what your on about.

Yeah it is :p

Posted

Bt i take my dp reading from yours but mine will be lower wont it? I live bout 4 miles from st helens and about 6 miles from you.

Posted

no idea swain i wouldnt know where to look for the free ordanace survey maps just difficult to find where i am lol

lol yeah. well their official site has or had a free section and if you can read a map you can see your altitude :)

Posted

Hi Everyone-nice to be back.

After a pretty boring Autumn we certainly can expect a lot of weather in the next few days with Atlantic Storms crashing into our little Isle.

According to the model thread another big low expected to hit on Tuesday, wether it brings snow or not to us-who knows.

Anyway it's become interesting-that boring Euro high that gave us such a benign and mild November seems to be ancient history!

Posted

im not sure what my asl is and i wouldnt know where to look either

Do a google on earthtools and you should find some tools for it there but i looked the other day and u are about 125m asl

Posted

Bt i take my dp reading from yours but mine will be lower wont it? I live bout 4 miles from st helens and about 6 miles from you.

Uh, what's your temperature & humidity?

Posted

Well greetings all, first regional post of the season. What a day here - 85mph gusts at Blackpool airport earlier this evening and steady 60mph's. We had a big pub notice board land under our car which read ''Sky Sports/Great Food/Live Music". sat in our hall atm - looks quite good actually! Must retuen it tomorrow! Good to see some familiar faces on here again and great to meet some new folk.

welcome back :)

Posted

According to the model thread another big low expected to hit on Tuesday, wether it brings snow or not to us-who knows.

Yeah i was looking at the models before and noticed a lp which will drag the cold uppers again over central southern areas for a few days. I seem that coming off canada the other day too. What gives me comfort aswell is the fact that last year we had a stormy october november and then a cold december so maybe this year we could get a cold jan feb after stormy december

Uh, what's your temperature & humidity?

I dunno i assumed my dp would be lower as i further from the mersey.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

I dont even think the winds have dropped here tbh

Posted

Yeah i was looking at the models before and noticed a lp which will drag the cold uppers again over central southern areas for a few days. I seem that coming off canada the other day too. What gives me comfort aswell is the fact that last year we had a stormy october november and then a cold december so maybe this year we could get a cold jan feb after stormy december

I dunno i assumed my dp would be lower as i further from the mersey.

Nah, it's calculated from temperature and humidity. Even if your temperature is lower your humidity could be higher.

I guess you can use mine as a rough guide, but it can fluctuate a lot over 6 miles!

Posted

Nah, it's calculated from temperature and humidity. Even if your temperature is lower your humidity could be higher.

I guess you can use mine as a rough guide, but it can fluctuate a lot over 6 miles!

I dont just use yours i use a few from wunderground and make an estimated guess. But some of the closer ones seem to. E miles off sometimes.

Posted

I dont just use yours i use a few from wunderground and make an estimated guess. But some of the closer ones seem to. E miles off sometimes.

Well never use my station on a sunny day. You'll think you're in the Bahamas. It's always in the sun. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

I havent had a shower since 16:00. Any chance I might get one now the winds coming off the sea? Usually we're the first to get them. We got hammerd on sonday/monday

Posted

Thats higher than me a21.

Well never use my station on a sunny day. You'll think you're in the Bahamas. It's always in the sun. :lol:

Ha lol not to mention your chimney.

Posted

I havent had a shower since 16:00. Any chance I might get one now the winds coming off the sea? Usually we're the first to get them. We got hammerd on sonday/monday

Just looking at raintoday radar and the Irish Sea is devoid of showers.

Posted

Just looking at raintoday radar and the Irish Sea is devoid of showers.

The winds will swing soon to a northerly that might give us some that are heading for our lucky friends up north of the border.0