Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

(lol) Slept through most of the showers, but I bet they probably fell as sleet/snow while I was asleep. Grrrr, lol. :p Well done to those who got a dusting today, and with plenty of Winter left, hopefully there should be more snowy surprises for us to look forward to.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Stayed at a friend's house in Stoke overnight and we got a cm or two overnight. Nothing back here though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

hey guys seems i slept thrue all the action. So do tell me the good or if its bad news did! Birmingham get any snow? Well frends this dredfull cold spell is over lets all hope the next cold spell provides for all of us who mist out join in. Thanks every1 for all the reports and information.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Great Jack_Frost where abouts is that?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

post-16039-0-55732700-1324227771_thumb.jSome snow this morning, but it was gone by noon.

Agreed with TonyH, nice pic man. Very picturesque.

A warm welcome to the forum as well. :)

Posted

Ironically it's now the coldest its been all week at -0.5c, some showers in Wales which may make it here but beens everything has fell as rain or sleet at best here anyway through this 'cold spell' im not getting my hopes up :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Aye Conor, couldn't help but chuckle, you're absolutely right, we'll probably get some snow now, right at the fag end of this 'cold spell' ! (probably wishful thinking!)

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
Posted · Hidden by conor123, December 18, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by conor123, December 18, 2011 - No reason given

-1.8c now! -2.3c in Shawbury!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

well thats it for now folks or so it seems anyway.Here right now its -1 and just started to rain? bizzare!

Not so bizarre, GS. There's a weak warm front moving in from the west which has raised the upper air temperature to well above freezing. The relatively warm air is sitting on top of a layer of cold air near the ground ( bottom few hundred metres), any snow falling from the cloud is melted as it passes through the warmer layer and falls to the ground as rain despite the surface temperature being below freezing. A recipe for some very icy roads and footpaths.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Still got a 90% snow cover of 2cm here but it's thawing very slowly, today looks like being the last snow cover day for a while.

Intermittent light rain falling with the temp' currently 1.2c.

Posted

A green Christmas Day ? Yes please - dont want to go thru the whole drama of last Christmas , where spent the whole build up worrying about having to travel on the day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Calm warm and sunny 😎

cold drizzle here. It maybe warming ever so slowly but these poor souls walking at The Cat & Fiddle must be mad!!!

https://forum.netweather.tv/gallery/image/14916-webcamn2006/

Edited by TyphoonNow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Yes, a thoroughly miserable day here today so far with grey skies & moderate steady rain, a good day to be indoors curled up by the fire with a good book, Sky HD and a glass of mulled wine....how festive!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

cold drizzle here. It maybe warming ever so slowly but these poor souls walking at The Cat & Fiddle must be mad!!!

Lol - wish I was there though!

Looks like I'm just going to have to make do with Google snow for now. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

Yesterday we got some snow. It made me feel christmasy. It didn't fall for long but the snow shower was quite heavy. All the snow had gone by tea time. Today it's back to Wet, with a great big W.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Just annoying how persistent rain always manages to be, swamps the whole of UK for the entire day with not a break, nowhere escapes.

Yet snow events always seem to be weak and marginal, and last little more than an hour at best :(

Just look at that radar. Never in a million years would that happen in snow conditions :p

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Just annoying how persistent rain always manages to be, swamps the whole of UK for the entire day with not a break, nowhere escapes.

Yet snow events always seem to be weak and marginal, and last little more than an hour at best :(

Just look at that radar. Never in a million years would that happen in snow conditions :p

thats what makes snow so rare and a novelty, 6 factors got to come into place at once for snow, think thats why the majority of members including me of course are snow fans

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

I guess I wouldn't love snow either if we got it every other day.

Posted

have an awful feeling my area is in for a miserable wet day tomorrow, that awful cheshire gap

How are working that out Mark?....steering winds tomorrow are just a point north of west, and showers coming through the gap would be steered well to our north, I would've thought....

The daylight hours tomorrow look pretty decent to me

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

How are working that out Mark?....steering winds tomorrow are just a point north of west, and showers coming through the gap would be steered well to our north, I would've thought....

pressure pattern looks like yesterdays, sorry about my post on other thread AJ, just ive never had netweather extra, and I would have thought all radars are the same, or does the netweather one give precip type?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Yeah ,looks a pretty dry daytime tomorrow.There`s a good band of rain from the west later though coming across overnight.

http://www.meteociel.fr/ukmo/fax/fax36s.gif

and then behind them fronts,temps. much higher from Weds.

Unfortunately nothing in the offin for us coldies AJ--for at least week-10days. :nea: