Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Snow

Posted

Great stuff...the urban areas of Birmingham and Black Country know there's no chance if you guys up there can't get snow...so at least we have that box ticked so far tonight!

Yeah trying to be useful, don't want to annoy people who haven't got snow (yet).

I expect to hear reports of snow in S Brum very soon, though, as it's coming down thick and fast here now. Probably by the time i've finished typing this...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Heavy rain here in Alvechurch and bbc forecast now down cast to more rain in morning :-(

Posted

Rain here is south brum, but as Gord said earlier it's the kind of rain that looks like it's going to turn!

Yeah I'd have thought in the next 2-3hrs you'll be having snow, you've probably got a good shout at settling snow as well.

Sleet turning to wet snow here now. 1.7c

That is a good sign, the front maybe turning to snow a touch faster than the models were expecting...hmmm...

Posted

Hi I'm about 25 miles nne of brum asl 110 what do people reckon my chances are? My little boy is desperate for snow as he says Xmas won't be as good this year because last year we had snow!!

Posted

Yeah I'd have thought in the next 2-3hrs you'll be having snow, you've probably got a good shout at settling snow as well.

That is a good sign, the front maybe turning to snow a touch faster than the models were expecting...hmmm...

It's more sleety again now but its definately not just a bit of sleet mixed in the rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Extremely fine sleet/snow here. Literally, you have to shine a torch out the window for about 30 seconds before you realise the stuffs falling, its blowing up and around so i guess it must be fairly snowy.

97m ASL.

Posted

12z looked fantastic for us a bit further south, looks like 18z is giving you guys the best snowfall chances, well guys, i hope you all get a good covering and that i see a few flakes down here in Oxford, if it settles even better :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

The Penkridge snow/ppn shield is up & running as these two radar returns show....lol

post-4149-0-67477500-1323990622.txt

post-4149-0-28416600-1323990563.txt

:doh:

Posted

I can't see it going much further north than it already is. Appears to be rotating a little.

Yeah looks like its nearly there now, LP is about at the same logitude as the western part of the front so it probably will pivot somewhat. Decent area of precip though to work with for the Midlands currently over Wales, as I said earlier in the eveing that is the area to watch out for.

Posted

Very interesting precipitation wise.

It seems to be rotating now, allowing the Welsh stuff to join in and wrap around. Things seem to be on the turn. Also notice that the far east is now getting rain from this with a radar return slap bang over Lowestoft.

This could get interesting as the low pivots and fills. I wouldn't worry about clearance towards the south west yet....I think this one has a way to go yet.

Posted

Really interested to see the snow reports and excited to see the PPN much further north than originally projected.

Edited by Cheese Rice

Posted

I've posted this in a couple of other regionals. This is the NMM take on things for 1am.

post-1669-0-69949300-1323991035_thumb.pn

Interesting to see how it turns out........

Posted

"@Crimson"Hi beccaboo! I used to live just outside of the centre of Notts City but now moved 5 miles north to Arnold. My postcode is still NG5 so I didnt bother changin it in my profile. I will bet £1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 that the snow will stop at Leicester and not come north enough to Nottingham. Nottingham is the Nemisis of snow :lol:

Yeah, I always get excited for snow and end up dissappointed!!!! But I have stayed up so far tonight for it!!!! Arnold should be good though, if the snow comes, Arnold ususally gets it - especially being higher up!!!!! Fingers crossed!!

Update from Long Eaton - Still dry - nothing happening, and puppy George has now gone to bed!!!!! I however, am still up and waiting for snow!!!!!!!!