Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Snow

Posted

As I expected moving back south now and nothing has fallen here but drizzle, all eyes on the Cheshire Gap streamer tommorow, fingers crossed its not to mild.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

As I expected moving back south now and nothing has fallen here but drizzle, all eyes on the Cheshire Gap streamer tommorow, fingers crossed its not to mild.

Moderate rain sleet here now more rain then sleet

Still raining here, andy ideas on the time it may start to snow? (wild question i know..)

Is it light rain or moderate only see any sleet in moderate rain

Edited by stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Still raining here in Birmingham but defiantly more sleety

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

ppn on the increase now here....ppn to my west is pivoting and starting to slowly slide east & south east, not south, at least not to my eye....If the undercut of colder air is to happen, it has to happen soon from an IMBY perspective....Still, it's nice to see that many areas of the midlands will see some snowfall during the small hours.....It's also nice to see that some of the pessimism that has permeated through this thread at times during the last 24 hours has been shown to be somewhat unfounded :)

Posted

Things should start to get intersting for you lucky midlanders from now onwards.

Foks in wales now reporting the prcip turning to snow.

Good luck guys!!!

Tempted to stay up a bit more now, hopefully it will snow :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

ppn on the increase now here....ppn to my west is pivoting and starting to slowly slide east & south east, not south, at least not to my eye....If the undercut of colder air is to happen, it has to happen soon from an IMBY perspective....Still, it's nice to see that many areas of the midlands will see some snowfall during the small hours.....It's also nice to see that some of the pessimism that has permeated through this thread at times during the last 24 hours has been shown to be somewhat unfounded :)

Seems pretty well founded from looking out my window :p Dismally weak sub mm particles of rain for the past 2 hours, no sign of it strenghening either.

Still having fun watching the radar though, hope your right about the snow over mode the midlands.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Woah woah, my pessimism is still there.....lol. It's all about 30 miles too far south :p (as expected)

Posted

Seems pretty well founded from looking out my window :p Dismally weak sub mm particles of rain for the past 2 hours, no sign of it strenghening either.

Still having fun watching the radar though, hope your right about the snow over mode the midlands.

I have a good friend and retired professor lives in Countesthorpe, though he does have a house in the NW Scottish Highlands too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Still nothing here. Light drizzle stopped now. Hmm. If things stay as they are now until the morning, that pessimism will be back. There's be no snowfall really yet.

Posted

CC has some pretty naff luck infact crewe must rank quite highly in the snow desert list.

Hahaha put it this way, two years of some of the coldest weather seen for years wasn't even enough to bring any meaningful snow here....whichever waay it comes from it never makes it here. It gets close, sticks two fingers up then trots on by. This God forsaken town really is cursed.

I'd have more chance of seeing snow on the coastline around Penzance than here :rolleyes:

Edited by CreweCold

Posted

I think places like brum and leicster northampton will do OK as the front pivots,conor should have moderate snow if the radar is anything like worth its salt,pardon the pun lol.

No its just south of here by literally 5 miles, nothing but drizzle here and its barely doing even that!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Temp slowly decreasing again now, down to 3.0c with a dew of 0.9c, just need both to drop another degree and we'll be in business.

*sticks loads of air con units out on the lawn and points them towards sky*

Posted

I've never seen such consistant sleet in my life. 2 hours now it's been like it, lots of flakes floating around and rain tearing through them. :lazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Woah woah, my pessimism is still there.....lol. It's all about 30 miles too far south :p (as expected)

that's what you get for being a northerner.... :lol:

it makes for a strange radar loop to be honest in the past hour, precip builds, then dies away, then builds etc etc etc...uppers here now are around -4C and dewpoints between 0 & 1C, so its close, just a real shame that for here the precip isn't heavy enough to change the current sleety rain into snow, still there is still a window of opportunity (although it's narrowing for us) and then for us it's eyes to the north west tomorrow to see what this little shortwave does if it verifies from model outputs

Edited by ajpoolshark
double post

Posted

that's what you get for being a northerner.... :lol:

it makes for a strange radar loop to be honest in the past hour, precip builds, then dies away, then builds etc etc etc...uppers here now are around -4C and dewpoints between 0 & 1C, so its close, just a real shame that for here the precip isn't heavy enough to change the current sleety rain into snow, still there is still a window of opportunity (although it's narrowing for us) and then for us it's eyes to the north west tomorrow to see what this little shortwave does if it verifies from model outputs

I'll tell you what the shortwave will do......rain. That's if we even get the precipitation in the first place- going by previous encounters that'll be 90% of the battle in itself