Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Hi guys,

After light rain and sleet last night.......

Its just started snowing here as well... in Solihull

Looks like its come down the cheshire gap.

MIA

Ooh - you beat me too it!

Was just about to say that, ridiculously, according to the MetO it's currently snowing in Knowle, and then I looked up and it was!

Good old Cheshire Gap :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

morning troopers :D ...just had a light snow/grauple shower ,activity developing through the cheshire gap, so interested in what develops today, probably rain/sleet showers at lower levels, potentially heavy snow showers for places in the gap with elevation

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

just taken some of the children to school and drove through rain with a tiny hint of sleet, no snow here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot dry summers and very mild winters

Light snow here in North Shropshire which is struggling to stick. So glad this turned out to be a non event. The last thing I wanted to be wasting the morning doing was shovelling snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Good morning all,

Yes certainly a poor night for Midlands snow.Lack of heavy percipitation which meant many places saw sleet or rain-away from the hills.

Radar shows the Cheshire Gap streamer underway and ,from reports ,already showing it`s hand in the NW of the region with some snowfall.

http://meteox.co.uk/h.aspx?r=&jaar=2011&maand=12&uur=10&minuut=30&dag=16&lightning=1

You never quite know in this setup how much development we will get but chances of further showers through the day for some places.

The 24hr fax shows minor troughs in the cold Pm flow

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ukmo2.php?ech=24&carte=2000

worth checking developments through the day.

Just got caught out in a brief wet snow shower whilst out jogging but only lasted about 10 mins.

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

What a massive non event that turned out to be, even by Midlands standards. You have to laugh that just 48hours ago 5-10cm was being predicted.

Last nights METO forecast was bang on though at least for my area. They said snow to the south and west with next to nothing for me. And that's what I got nothing but I can see a nice Coverring on the Clee and Shropshire hills.

Edited by kar999

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Just looked at the bbc website and this is what it said. 9am heavy snow 12pm lite snow shower 3pm heavy rain and that's for birmingham.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

SMILEY%20ANGRY.JPG

I KNEW IT WOULDNT SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I woke up this morning to nothing but wet surfaces.. no rain no snow no anything! Just pukeness all around me. God I hate this city. We are too far as well for the Cheshire gap!!! To far west for easterlies, too far east for Chesherlies, to far south for the northern cold. And TOO FAR NORTH FOR POOFY SOUTHERN LOWS !!! +ahem+ right so hopefully this week-end like saturday/sunday wemight get some wintery showers. Im gonna check the 0z...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

What a disappointment last night. Looks like it hasnt been great for many though either. Still, the Cheshire Gap looks very active. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

with the gap i think temp will be our downfall must say like many i'm very disapointed.

Posted

What a non event last night turned out to be. To make matters worse according to the BBC forecast

I have seen it could be game over with no snow showers for us as it looks too warm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Yes - it's raining again !

snowing here in Penkridge, nice cheshire gap shower

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

This could be the double whammy of disappointments for Leicester and Nottingham, first of all.. last nights PPN all fell as rain here, now the temp is finally cold enough for snow.. 2.5c with a dew of 0c and I have a funny feeling that Cheshire gap activity will do that classic thing... Head down through Staffs, Birmingham, Shropshire and Leicester and Nottingham will end up being about 30 miles too far East.

Sigh.

im not sure. the BBC have the mids on max of 3c today. the 528 dam line is way south. could be interesting in heavier showers...hit and miss though for most!!

and notice the cheshire gap showers die out around or before telford, so nothing really to get excited about, but there is a trough line that will be crossing over the mids/wales in the afternoon ending over the south coast by 00z tonight.

Edited by Brum Watcher

Posted

50p flakes here at Keele Uni, for several minutes sticking to grass/cars. God bless you Cheshire Gap!

Ian

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

We've got sleet. It's on and off and it looks light clouds are thinning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

............................+sigh+......................................

post-8050-0-19724700-1324031830_thumb.jp