Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms

absolutely nothing here, great for some of you guys, hope plenty of you get some, as for me, way too north i am guessing, off to bed soon lost all hope lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Well hoorah. The matchsticks have held up and I've been rewarded with seeing my first few flakes :)

According to my MetO app, it's going to snow here till midday. Hmmm, we shall see!

Anyone else having trouble connecting to the forum tonight? Guess Netweather's servers are in meltdown with all us snow lovers across the uk posting like mad!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Sleety rain finally picked up in intensity so you can see and hear it with the window open. Still would only consider it light to moderate.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I think it's the intensity (or lack of) that is the problem. It is such a weak area of PPN that it isn't bringing the evaporative cooling required to turn it to fully snow, and even if it did, it's so light that it wouldn't settle.

Posted

I think it's the intensity (or lack of) that is the problem. It is such a weak area of PPN that it isn't bringing the evaporative cooling required to turn it to fully snow, and even if it did, it's so light that it wouldn't settle.

Yep

Precipitation way overestimated. Actually GFS did pretty well at the spread and estimating the light amounts of precip..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Lol yeah, I didnt expect much in the way of snow anyway. It would have been great to see a few falling flakes

1 potential event, 1 big downgrade within a 36 hour period, 1 big dissapointment.

Winter time in Rugeley has begun.

Posted

if you look on the bbc site the snow looks rubbish at 3am but by 6am it has intensified and last until 9 am

Posted

Lol yeah, I didnt expect much in the way of snow anyway. It would have been great to see a few falling flakes

1 potential event, 1 big downgrade within a 36 hour period, 1 big dissapointment.

Winter time in Rugeley has begun.

The funny thing is it was quite a big upgrade on the 18z today especially for east midlands. All failed only 6 hours to go. That said NAE and NMM have most the precipitation intensifiying around 6am and after.. will have to see what happens. Personally I can't see how but then I don't know much.

Not settling just light wet snow, could do with the temp dropping a little bit more Temp 1.3c DP -0.1c

I have no chance then! 2.4c air, 1.8c wet bulb, 0.9c dew point.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted

Still a big blob of precipitation off the coast of Wales, heading our way????

The more intense stuff does look on track to hit you.. though it should be on a south east movement. I think only the light stuff will skim past me. Although this doesn't appear to be predicted in the models so a little confused as to what happens to it to be honest.

Just noticed a band of rain intensify out of nowhere, too late though it's well past us but still interesting, perhaps a sign of stuff to come. Look at the radar at about 2:10am at the band east of Leicester across peterborough. As you head towards 3am you can see it intensify.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Can any1 tell me if it's still snowing in the centre of brum can't make anything out because of my verry low vision. Thanks.

Posted

Just woken up to see there's nothing outside. Radar suggests thats it as well. Ah well...never mind. Will have to depend on the Cheshire Gap now.

Posted

light sleet here looks like the band is gaining strength but looks like already clearing the west midlands

Posted

That's it thenm precipitation has cleared. Nothing settled at all.

Prefered last Monday night with the squalls and the rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

andyleics you should be getting a good pasting according to the radr?

I wish :rofl:

Nothing here but soaking wet surfaces, no hint of snow in the air and another big letdown in a Midlands snow event.