Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Snow

Posted

Snowing hard here on the top of the Lickeys, half cm on roof tiles, probably 1cm on grass. See attached message (i now have a cold finger from tracing that on the roof!)

Night all.

post-8897-0-02057600-1323992022_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

ah thats top secret :rofl: im a stourbridge lad but penkridge isnt all that far from newport in shrops, where i am atm. very little to report here.

lol.....my eyes are on all that lovely ppn building in north & west Wales & that stuff off the Welsh coast...I'm tempting fate, but I think that's got our name written on it later on

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun and Snow

Snowing hard here on the top of the Lickeys, half cm on roof tiles, probably 1cm on grass. See attached message (i now have a cold finger from tracing that on the roof!)

Night all.

Good stuff

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

same here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Night all.

Jealous!

Posted

No shock theres nothing falling out the sky here even with the radar having moderate precipitation over us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Picked up a tiny bit, still very light. It could snow like this all night and you wouldn't be able to tell in the morning. 1mm size flakes. I say snow, it's probably a mix of rain/sleet/snow. It's definitely blowing around a little like snow tends to do, wheras rain just falls straight.

Posted
Posted · Hidden by conor123, December 15, 2011 - double post
Hidden by conor123, December 15, 2011 - double post

No shock theres nothing falling out the sky here even with the radar having moderate precipitation over us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Not good news for here, looks like I'm to give up on this one

Posted

I live in the SE midlands, but im not holding my breath

Haha. First time i've ever heard someone from Bedford say they live in the SE Midlands, even if geographically it is probably more appropriate. I work in Bedford, even lived there, and i've never heard that one. Most think they are an extension of north London, or some very inland part of East Anglia near Cambridge. Technically, Bedford is by region in the East of England, but then we have the "south Midlands" that somehow can often refer to Gloucestershire, Wiltshire and Oxfordshire. Wiltshire? wtf!

The boundaries are governed by the European consituencies for both the West and East Midlands, north Bucks and north Oxfordshire I'd class as central England but they aren't technically in the Midlands. Obviously weather conditions don't stop at tight boundaries, which I note the Met Office warnings are now much improved, as they don't stop suddenly at a boundary.

Just drizzle here at the minute.

Posted

Northward movement has significantly decreased in the last hour, quite typically around 15 miles south of myself. :p

Yeah northward motion should be about over with now. This set-up sorta reminds me of Feb 07, but with slightly more marginal air to begin with which is delaying the snowfall.

Anyway snow level should drop down inn the next hour or so, especially over SW Midlands.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Down to 1.9 °C here, but still just rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

I can report wet snow now in the cotswolds i knew it wouldnt be long if the lickies have it , long night i feel as i have work in the morn! A ll nighter anyone !!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Just me or have to models way over estimated precipitation amounts ? a lot of people are reporting nothing but very light rain and sleet. Even 1mm accumalated would be impossible at this rate.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Oh for goodness sake!! Temp risen to 3.4c and dew from 0.6c to 1.3c, going to wake up to wet surfaces in the morning then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Haha. First time i've ever heard someone from Bedford say they live in the SE Midlands, even if geographically it is probably more appropriate. I work in Bedford, even lived there, and i've never heard that one. Most think they are an extension of north London, or some very inland part of East Anglia near Cambridge. Technically, Bedford is by region in the East of England, but then we have the "south Midlands" that somehow can often refer to Gloucestershire, Wiltshire and Oxfordshire. Wiltshire? wtf!

The boundaries are governed by the European consituencies for both the West and East Midlands, north Bucks and north Oxfordshire I'd class as central England but they aren't technically in the Midlands. Obviously weather conditions don't stop at tight boundaries, which I note the Met Office warnings are now much improved, as they don't stop suddenly at a boundary.

Just drizzle here at the minute.

Actually there are no legal defintions for midlands south east etc

see here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Midlands

I'm south midlands if its snowing in midlands and South East if its snowing there, 20 miles from warkshire , 120 miles from Southampton go figure.