Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Can't believe how quickly it has changed here. Definately mainly snow now. 1.4c and falling. We seem to have an area of moderate precip literally static over us. Perhaps the effect of the mountains is helping?

Looks like from the radar you are in for some prolonged snow. Parts to north/east south west how rain, at least radar working

Posted

Rain really quite heavy here now...still some sleetyness mixed in now and again.

Going to have to call it a night...have work in the morning. For those staying up...enjoy, I'll be back for the fallout of all of this tomorrow afternoon!

Posted

"@Crimson"Hi beccaboo! I used to live just outside of the centre of Notts City but now moved 5 miles north to Arnold. My postcode is still NG5 so I didnt bother changin it in my profile. I will bet £1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 that the snow will stop at Leicester and not come north enough to Nottingham. Nottingham is the Nemisis of snow :lol:

I however, am still up and waiting for snow!!!!!!!!

Details forecast on the GFS,ECM models 'suggest' the snow band stops 37 yards or 30 metres from Notts City, sorry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I think the NMM clears things far too quickly. A little movement Northwards of this Precip still but beginning to wrap around now and only slowly with Precip generally intensifying in Wales. Plenty to go yet as Gord says. :D

Posted

Took the attached pic about 10 mins ago, took a while to work out how to get it on here. If you can make it out, says Snow 15/12 (written in snow on roof outside my window)

post-8897-0-52911800-1323991376_thumb.jp

Posted

Took the attached pic about 10 mins ago, took a while to work out how to get it on here. If you can make it out, says Snow 15/12 (written in snow on roof outside my window)

Put a date on it ? to verify

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Was lamp-post watching for a while, nothing to report apart from 2 moths doing a snow dance..The neighbours think I'm stalking, hope I don't get another restraining order! :crazy:

Posted

Northward movement has significantly decreased in the last hour, quite typically around 15 miles south of myself. :p

Looks fairly promising for Central Eastern Mids and SE Mids though, Northampton/PBoro etc are looking good for 3am onwards. :good:

Posted

Was lamp-post watching for a while, nothing to report apart from 2 moths doing a snow dance..The neighbours think I'm stalking, hope I don't get another restraining order! :crazy:

whereabouts in south staffs are you?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

I've posted this in a couple of other regionals. This is the NMM take on things for 1am.

post-1669-0-69949300-1323991035_thumb.pn

Interesting to see how it turns out........

Thanks Pp,

Just goes to show how marginal this is.Evaporative cooling will likely tip the balance to snow where the percip. is heavy enough,although any higher ground should be better placed.

Posted

Details forecast on the GFS,ECM models 'suggest' the snow band stops 37 yards or 30 metres from Notts City, sorry

Well thats ok, because I am a good 50 yards outside of Notts City !!!!!! so maybe it willjust snow at my house!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Very slight sleetiness to the rain here now. :) Feels quite chilly out their.

Posted

Northward movement has significantly decreased in the last hour, quite typically around 15 miles south of myself. :p

Looks fairly promising for Central Eastern Mids and SE Mids though, Northampton/PBoro etc are looking good for 3am onwards. :good:

I live in the SE midlands, but im not holding my breath

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

whereabouts in south staffs are you?

Here & there, ducking & diving...lol......Penkridge, 5 miles west of Cannock...You're not from the Inland Revenue are you?... :help:

Posted

Here & there, ducking & diving...lol......Penkridge, 5 miles west of Cannock...You're not from the Inland Revenue are you?... :help:

ah thats top secret :rofl: im a stourbridge lad but penkridge isnt all that far from newport in shrops, where i am atm. very little to report here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Just rain here. Every so often I almost convince myself it's a bit sleety, but I don't think it is. 2.4 °C and fairly steady, which seems just that little bit too mild as of yet.

Posted

bit of sleet here but mainly rain