Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West Of England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Temp 1c

Dewpoint 1c

Better get myself off to bed then, looks like work tomorrow :)

Good luck all, I hope you get a covering tonight. X

Nite daisy I shall be heading to bed at half 12 if I still have damn sleet by then! That heavier stuff over your region wont budge an inch I recon im less than 10 miles away from it too! :lazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Actually, Looking into this deeper, It seems like PPN is increasing from the South northwards. I can only assume as the whole system gets squeesed from the west its helping it a bit..

I'm no expert but this maybe due to the colder air undercutting from the EAST thereby increasingly the likelihood of it turning to SNOW on its extreme eastern edge. :nea:

Also where it is now is pretty much where its going to stay accoridng to the latest GFS run. :good:

Regards

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Last few radar runs show some strengthening of the PPN but temperture and dewpoint still unfavourble.

Posted

Last few radar runs show some strengthening of the PPN but temperture and dewpoint still unfavourble.

Its falling as wet snow above 300m here but not laying and unless that colder air makes inroads soon its game over. Strange how ppn is light through bristol and central eastern somerset but intensifying further east. :aggressive:

post-8911-0-89346600-1327881607_thumb.pn

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

IF it gets heavier that effect can be negated and the more of an undercut the better too. :good: Keep looking for the small but favourable trends.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Posted

Its falling as wet snow above 300m here but not laying and unless that colder air makes inroads soon its game over. Strange how ppn is light through bristol and central eastern somerset but intensifying further east. :aggressive:

On word I imagine. MIXING? :unsure:

No SNOW here, so you know you're not missing out.

Regards

gottolovethisweather

Posted

post-8911-0-89346600-1327881607_thumb.pn

I dont find it strange its often the case here.

Posted

Right im off to bed nothing is gunna happen.

night all.

Night all also this is game over temperature is not even moving along with that ppn. :lazy:

as i said that the temperature drops 0.2c after 3 hours of nothing! :rofl: still going to bed though

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Think I'm calling it a night. Temps are stuck at around 2.9c and 1.9c dewpoint now and have been for a few hours. Still drizzling away outside with maybe a few bits of sleet here and there. Maybe something will happen in the early hours but I can't see it happening to be honest. If it does surprise me when I wake up then at least it'll give me something to smile about on a Monday morning haha.

Good luck to the rest of you! Hopefully some more better opportunities for snow will crop up later this week...

Posted

i think the front has gone to far east! the snowline seems to be from what i gather west midlands down to swindon\ oxford

I think it will become more clear what will happen once the cold uppers take hold.

Posted

that heavy ppn may come this way. salisbury plain area looks where our luck might change later on. few hours yet. bbc weather gives us to see something at least. 5am-8am is when we have snow falling maybe

Posted

Its faily moderate snow need a quick heavy burst still not got past settling on cars.

Looking at radar this does look a little bit further east...could this now stall over us? :)

Edited by lfcdude

Posted

as expect a very marginal event. the cold wasnt there the first place and left people downbeat again. dewpoints to high on the night to. but nice to see the white stuff falling after so long