Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West Of England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Snowing quite well here, only small flakes though. It's not sticking on the roads but it's laying everywhere else including all the trees and shrubs, the garden is white - a couple of cm's deep.

Anyone any idea how long this is supposed to last? What's happening in Bristol? Supposed to be gardening there today, that should be fun...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Snowing in Weston :-)

Posted

Snowing quite well here, only small flakes though. It's not sticking on the roads but it's laying everywhere else including all the trees and shrubs, the garden is white - a couple of cm's deep.

Anyone any idea how long this is supposed to last? What's happening in Bristol? Supposed to be gardening there today, that should be fun...

The radar shows the band barely moving over the last 5 odd hours, however it seems to be decaying ever so slightly in situ in the last half an hour.

Warminster has a light covering on all surfaces bar roads/paths, however it will become very icy this evening because there's going to be hardly

enough breeze to dry the ground once it's stopped falling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Great to hear that the majority have not been disappointed! Not hopeful of here in the southeast but have fun in the southwest! :)

Posted

Got nothing here in swindon haha. Oh well, it was never really forecast to come this far in the first place so the fact that I actually saw a few flakes is good enough.

Those who are getting a decent amount, enjoy it! :)

Here's to the next lot!

Posted

Got nothing here in swindon haha. Oh well, it was never really forecast to come this far in the first place so the fact that I actually saw a few flakes is good enough.

Those who are getting a decent amount, enjoy it! :)

Here's to the next lot!

Dont worry im only getting the same :)

Posted

Is it settling anywhere in Weston

Nah its only light snow, top of bleadon hill is probably got none either as its just not heavy enough, still its nice to see it falling though as apparently it never snows here in Weston according to someone on here lol

Best chance of any lying snow will be at the weekend with the possible battle ground snowfall but it won't be around for long as it looks like the mild air will win in the west.

Edited by Smartie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Seems like you guys got lucky, in the south west :good:. Enjoy it :)

The front moved slowly eastwards last night, and stopped 5 miles short where i live in Oxford. Did get a few flakes before the front knocked on the doorstep, but hardly anything.

Regards,Mark

Posted

Coming down quite heavy now but its tiny flakes though so not settling, ground is wet anyway.

Posted

It's still snowing here, doesn't seem to be getting any deeper though. Any news on Bristol?

Posted

Nah its only light snow, still its nice to see it falling though as apparently it never snows here in Weston according to someone on here lol

Best chance of any lying snow will be at the weekend with the possible battle ground snowfall but it won't be around for long as it looks like the mild air will win in the west.

The ground is wet, the temperature is above freezing so I cant see anything sticking today. Maybe the end of the week if the cold uppers can hold on throughout. Whats the temperature on the coast?

Posted

What I like and what I hate in our area > I HATE ATLANTIC BREAKDOWNS!! PLEASE PLEASE can the block stay stronger and the end of the week!

prectypeuktopo.png

prectypeuktopo.png

If I recall, this is EXACTLY what was forecast back in 2009 when we had almost a foot of snow dumped on us.

It was forecast to be heavy snow and then rain, but it just kept snowing and snowing and none of the models saw it.

So don't write it off yet! It could be awesome!

Posted

If I recall, this is EXACTLY what was forecast back in 2009 when we had almost a foot of snow dumped on us.

It was forecast to be heavy snow and then rain, but it just kept snowing and snowing and none of the models saw it.

So don't write it off yet! It could be awesome!

Yes your right. Those charts are in FI especially with the recent output. Just hoping the second that stays as snow and the block fights back!

Posted

hi jethro snowing lightly in bristol but not sticking grounds to wet here :acute:

Thank you.

Guess it's work for me then :(

Posted

Nah its only light snow, top of bleadon hill is probably got none either as its just not heavy enough, still its nice to see it falling though as apparently it never snows here in Weston according to someone on here lol

its quite a bit more like proper snow on the hills