Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (cymru) - Regional Weather Discussion (part 3)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

Neither am I!

Time for us to get our sun cream out whilst the rest freeze..

*Pretending not to be jealous*

Same..I am moving to Antarctica.....

Posted

That's been downgraded constantly since yesterday, temps were going to be about 6-7 on Saturday rising to 10 on Monday.

As you can see Saturday is still cold and Monday is just mildER rather than particularly mild.

I'd wager we'll stil be seeing maxes of 4 come Sunday/Monday.

Wrong no way 10c monday

Thanks Jackone!

Look at this for 141hrs from now (the pinpoint being where i live) and wales are in the sweet spot if that was to somehow come off!

post-10181-0-45333400-1328213794_thumb.p

Consedering where we are, that gives potential over the next 48 hrs.

Note that I have amended my original comment.

Things to look out for, look at the size of the warm sector, the smaller the better, and take notice of the snow maps on TV forecasts, they have Mesoscale models far more detailed that we can see, as a result take notice of what they are saying even if it doesn't agree with what you want!!

Posted

Sam practice with your lungs and blow the front 100miles west slowly getting there Blow and stall it.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Temp falling rapidly (more than 1.0c per hour) since cloud has cleared, now -5.1c. I'd expect that to get below -10c or even down to -12/-13 IF the cloud stays away, however some cloud may come over from the east coast, which might keep it to -7/-8.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: eira mawr yn y gaeaf, braf yn y haf

looks like wales will miss the exciting snow this weekend as it'll all be in the SE of England (and my inlaws so don't deserve it :cray: ) but if we do get any next week I guess what we need are for the temps to stay bitterly cold and for the snow not to be preceded by hours of flipping rain ! Sunday/ Monday was so frustrating, solid snowfall from 6pm Sunday night until 12pm Monday and still nothing more than a dusting on the mountains !!! :fool:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

It's showing on the wunderground ecm snowfall chrt here:- http://www.wundergro...i=0&ls=0&rad2=0

Go down the page to set up ECM model then map type = snowfall, then click on forecast

watch out towards the end of that animation for tuesday! - more heavy snow!

Why can I only see up to 42 hours?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

already -3 in central cardiff this evening.

-1.1C here in Cathays

Posted

Sam practice with your lungs and blow the front 100miles west slowly getting there Blow and stall it.

Ok Keith here goes..... *breathes in*....TO BE CONTINUED ON THE NEXT FAX CHART....

Posted

Ok Keith here goes..... *breathes in*....TO BE CONTINUED ON THE NEXT FAX CHART....

Its working Adam front stalled near the border getting there lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot dry or freezing snow extremes!

Time running out for this front to shift far enough west...... the closer we get to the zero hour... the less it will be forecast to shift.

1/5 chance it will shift far enough west now.

12 hours on and into tomorrow, if still the same as progged from now then chances of a shift far enough west would be a real long shot.... 1/15 perhaps.

I have been comparing Dereks last few forecasts and that snowy area definatly has shifted westward ,after only the other day showing just a pure rain event.

We need some luck now !

I clutch to the straw of uncertainty that the bbc forecasters in general have been coming out with.

Next sets of charts absolutely must show a change PLEASE!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

-3 here people, ice already over the cars..It's going to be a bugger to get it off in the morning whilst I am freezing my knackers off (sorry).

Not sure how people can be even slightly optimistic over this..

Even if it starts as snow it'll turn into rain. Especially where I am, just too far West.. If we get snow it'll be similar to the other night where it's wet snow at best just making the ground wet, turning to sleet, then rain..

Some of you further East may possibly see snow but unless you're on the border I don't think it'll accumulate to much before turning back into rain..

Edited by CarmarthenshireWeather

Posted

I

Even if it dont shift westwards we will still see 4 hrs of snow plus many more chances.

Thats better than nothing i suppose.... just hard to take when you get 4 hours of snow, then followed by a slushfest.

The front giveth and then taketh away ! . ..... just want it to giveth a little more and taketh away a little less....

Posted

temp here according to car at 8:00 was -5 clear skies so imagine it is going to drop further. I am confused now is it or isn't it going to snow Sat or are we getting excited for Tue ??? :wallbash: :wallbash: I just want lots of snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

-5.2c here. Decreasing at a rate of about -1c an hour. Could get very cold here tonight.

Posted

Temperatures are below -30C (-22F) in parts of Europe and 63 people have died in Ukraine and 29 in Poland.

In Italy, weather experts say it is the coldest week for 27 years.

Emergency services in Serbia have described the situation, close to the country's south-western borders with Kosovo and Montenegro, as very serious.

In places, the snow has reached a depth of 2m (6ft 6in). (that's over my head) Fourteen municipalities are affected, emergency official Predrag Maric told the BBC

feel sad for the people that have died though - really serious conditions out there!

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Temperatures look to be dropping to the north and east of me so hopefully this cloud is beginning to shift. -1.1c here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Currently -2.0C here and falling :) Hope to see some westward shift, how much of a shift west would we need for a full snow event here, 50miles, 100miles?

Edited by DeepSnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Clear skies all day and still is here in Pembs, -4.6c and falling, max of 1.1c today

Posted

Here's the gfs 18z for saturday lunchtime!

a good start

gfs-2012020218-2-42.png?18

not so good after that - mmmmmmmmmmmm - we shall see

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Slightly further east so far its looking like..... oh well, off to bed and hopefully when i awake in the morning there will be much gloom in the se on the model thread as the front has magically shifted 100 miles west!!

1/12 chance now lol