Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (cymru) - Regional Weather Discussion (part 3)

Posted

Just got the feeling the front will stall the same place as last week as Jackone says cold air and ground temps already in place much better set up.

Posted

Last week Daniel the fax was showing snow for E Anglia never made it across the border, the fax is showing the fronts stalling over Wales 20 miles further west and we shall see snow across all of Wales. Also a kink in the front showing heavy precipitation.

Posted

The temperature has been dropping at a rate of 0.5c per hour, if that keeps up it's gonna be an impressive low by dawn!

Current temp: -5.3c

Posted

Last week Daniel the fax was showing snow for E Anglia never made it across the border, the fax is showing the fronts stalling over Wales 20 miles further west and we shall see snow across all of Wales. Also a kink in the front showing heavy precipitation.

The kink being the little groove in the front, over Wales? Thanks for that btw :D

You think we will be looking East or North for the next, more prolonged spell? I hope North, seeing as we do seem to get more snow from it, and it also seems to be better at forcing the jet down South?

Posted

GFS 18z and for the booby prize - the front stalls and comes back at us bringing even more snow for Monday also! - it's looking extremely good folks for the mother of all snowfall! :drinks::clapping: :smilz38: :clapping: - The cold air ain't gonna be going far from our shores and if the Atlantic wants to come and dump it's precip all over us - it's very welcome to - we welcome it with open arms - come to Wales - great place to enjoy the weather! :smilz38:

Can't not back this up without a lovely chart for you peeps

gfs-2012020118-2-132.png?18

Andy can you book me in for this one please :rofl: I will pay on delivery lol.

Posted

Personally i cant see anything but an easterly for the next 7 days until we get another attack from the S west.Then a reload from the North as GP is suggesting.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Just hit -4c which was this mornings low so -5c or -6c possible

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

-4.1c here

Posted

Quite a lot of snow cover remaining above about 200m in Wales especially the beacons, measures snow depths of around 4 inches fairly evenly spread today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

A miserly -2.2c here. Since i've moved from the countryside my temps really aren't that impressive anymore. I'll keep an eager watch of the charts and models over the next 24 hours. Then as ususal down to nowcasting.

Going to be an interesting weekend what ever happens plus the 6 nations is on, so stuck in the house with my homebrew won't too bad.

Posted

itv uk weather just said and showed weekend weather,they have now said cold for at least another week and gave a warning of heavy snow for weekend, the chart showed the front sitting over wales but quite a bit ov wales was green and from say newport blue,does that mean they think this front will warm most ov wales and be a rain event or will the cold stay put and be snow for wales? they did say it will be the worst snow of this winter,so fingers crossed that the cold stays put even low lying areas be looking good as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot dry or freezing snow extremes!

Still 48 hour to go...but the closer we get its looking less likely to be a snow fest for wales....regional bbc still forecasting rain event for most of wales .... just a shift further west please!! ... my only hope is , that with these events so hard to forecast the 48 hours still gives us a chance, but i think we need an upgrade TODAY at the latest.

1/6 chance at the momemt id say for general lowland and upto 2-250 metres wales...........roll of a dice chance !

Posted

Still 48 hour to go...but the closer we get its looking less likely to be a snow fest for wales....regional bbc still forecasting rain event for most of wales .... just a shift further west please!! ... my only hope is , that with these events so hard to forecast the 48 hours still gives us a chance, but i think we need an upgrade TODAY at the latest.

1/6 chance at the momemt id say for general lowland and upto 2-250 metres wales...........roll of a dice chance !

i got a gut feeling this cold will still be about when that rain hits,and to all levels.no scentific reason just a gut feeling and it be a year to the day my grandfather past away (greatman) and it be just like him to sort it for Wales lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Had a low of -2.2C and currently -1.7C, but no frost for some reason!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

Come on guys keep positive any precipation that comes over Wales will be snow at first but then comes the debate whether it will stay as snow or turn to rain...the charts have trended a shift further west if they continue to go west today then by this evening we could all be happy bunnies :D gonna be an interesting day.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Come on guys keep positive any precipation that comes over Wales will be snow at first but then comes the debate whether it will stay as snow or turn to rain...the charts have trended a shift further west if they continue to go west today then by this evening we could all be happy bunnies :D gonna be an interesting day.....

That west shift needs to happen today, otherwise i'd say its looking like most of wales will miss out on the snow! Hope im wrong though!

Edited by DeepSnow

Posted

Had a low of -2.2C and currently -1.7C, but no frost for some reason!

The reason there is no frost is because the dew points were at about -8, and therefore the temperature would have to be lower than this to allow dew to form and freeze

Cheers

DD

Edited by dingdong

Posted

The reason there is no frost is because the dew points were at about -8, and therefore the temperature would have to be lower than this to allow dew to form and freeze

Cheers

DD

Ah yeah i didn't think of that lol, just checked and the dp here is -9C! Lets just hope this continued west shift happens :)