Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And The South East Regional Discussion Thread - Part 4

Posted

right...we now have cloud cover and one or two echoes are showing in the Thames Estuary, one near clacton and another near the Isle of Sheppey. small echoes in west essex too

Think it is just the radar mucking about, clear here with just the odd patch of cloud.

Posted

I am slightly concerned from what i'm hearing on the MOD thread? thanks

Have no concerns at all. On Saturday lunchtime onwards, stick your head out of the bedroom window and wait for wonderland to appear!!!!

Posted

Meto warnings are up now. Apparently there is no chance of milder air reaching us after the snow stops!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

a couple of echoes on the radar over the estuary... :)

Sure is but they're a bit tiny at the moment but it's a start. :clapping:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I too noticed a bit of "SE hating" on the Mod thread - sorry but is it bot quite rightly our turn for this winter?! Northern and Western areas have had a go this winter - its not like its been all us and now we're getting even more?!

Think I'll stay in the regional and check what Meto/BBC r updating!

H x

No, I disagree, there's no 'hating the SE'.....we loath it!...lol....just kidding.....it's no coincidence that several of the more regular model output contributors reside in the south east region so it's only natural to place a slight emphasis on that area and there's absolutley nothing wrong with that, as long as it's made apparent in the relevant post in the model output, otherwise confusion can & will reign in that thread and from that the bickering starts......so with that in mind, lets draw the line under it and continue the regional discussion...thanks :)

Posted

Okay , just spent the last hour digging out the sledge from under the swimming pool in the shed,, just in case.... still haven't told the kids,just incase :ph34r: made that mistake before,

Anyway all looking good so far--- good luck all :drinks:

oh and think that was a blip on radar showing snow in Clacton, dry as you like :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

Everyone interested (you guys i hope) should turn there central heating off over the coming snow period to reduce urban heat pollution, and as an act against global warming! Call it a snow day!!

Posted

No, I disagree, there's no 'hating the SE'.....we loath it!...lol....just kidding.....it's no coincidence that several of the more regular model output contributors reside in the south east region so it's only natural to place a slight emphasis on that area and there's absolutley nothing wrong with that, as long as it's made apparent in the relevant post in the model output, otherwise confusion can & will reign in that thread and from that the bickering starts......so with that in mind, lets draw the line under it and continue the regional discussion...thanks :)

Synoptically speaking - it is our turn - quite simple - Mother Nature has decided this - Not us. Enjoy - I will!

Edited by snowfish

Posted

12m NNE from Hastings

-3.1C

54% Humidity

DP -11C

Never made it above freezing today. Time to throw another tree into the woodburner - heating struggling a bit on its own.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

are there any parts of se more favoured than others

i tend to feel optimistic in ct18 120asl - not based on anything other than gut feeling...

i want to get excited! someone indulge me please!!! :nea:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

are there any parts of se more favoured than others

i tend to feel optimistic in ct18 120asl - not based on anything other than gut feeling...

i want to get excited! someone indulge me please!!! :nea:

Possibly the further south east you travel in our region, the more likely you are to miss out/see less snow - unless things trend further east.

As it stands, Heathrow will probably see more snow than Dover. Could all change though.

Edited by danm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Possibly the further south east you travel in our region, the more likely you are to miss out/see less snow - unless things trend further east.

As it stands, Heathrow will probably see more snow than Dover. Could all change though.

Oh ! :help:

Raintoday for my region isnt working either :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Hi Marie,

Humidity rising is sooooo good. Keep it coming

Jan

Hi Jan,yeah it is rising but what about the dewpoint isnt that far too low? Humidity now at 65% dewpoint still -7

Posted

I have to say for members like me in the more eastern parts of our region, I am a tad concerned by the latest shift westwards of Sat nights snow. From a selfish point of view I'd like to see slight shifts east over the next 24-36 hrs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Everyone interested (you guys i hope) should turn there central heating off over the coming snow period to reduce urban heat pollution, and as an act against global warming! Call it a snow day!!

This global warming sure is cold! ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Okay , just spent the last hour digging out the sledge from under the swimming pool in the shed,, just in case.... still haven't told the kids,just incase :ph34r: made that mistake before,

Anyway all looking good so far--- good luck all :drinks:

oh and think that was a blip on radar showing snow in Clacton, dry as you like :)

Ah you have done it i remember the other day you were thinking about doing that,have fun :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Oh ! :help:

Raintoday for my region isnt working either :(

But there is still very good agreement for ALL of our region to see snow. I'm just saying that as things stand, the extreme south east and extreme east may not get as much, or if things trend slightly further west or if the front stalls further west then the extreme SE is the more likely to miss out.

Edited by danm

Posted

Hi Marie,

I think we need the humidity to rise, opposed to the dewpoint. This is why the warm front encroaching from the atlantic is so good. we need the moisture it will bring to mix in with our cold air to give us the snow ( I think) lol

Someone I am sure will correct me if I am wrong

Jan