Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And The South East Regional Discussion Thread - Part 4

Posted

aha okay :) what kind of totals WOULD we get from it IF it hits?

Well I'm not a greedy kinda bloke.....

1.1263739362.deep-snow.jpg

Posted

It is forecast to stay over us for 24 hours!

Chill and just stick to the regionals now. A lot of people in the MOD thread who are envious of our location that is all!

Indeed the 12Z runs look epic for the South East. What some ppl in the MOD thread are saing is that IF the block is stronger the the models predicts the fronts Could stall further west and not give as heavy snow for the SE.

So far today its all good. Just keep an eye on any westward shift.

Edited by thegreat316

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Guys please dont get over excited, snow is so hard to forecast, things can still change at a late stage..... you only set yourself up for a fall!

All that booze we will be drinking. :drunk:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

guys im worried......people on the model thread are saying the snow wont reach us :(?

Ignore it, there's nuff hating going on in the MOD, if we do miss out im sure it won't be long before we do get some as we pick up another Easterly.

Posted

Tweet from East Sussex road

"There is now a risk of snow flurries overnight and through Friday morning accumulations of 0 - 2cm are possible in places"

That'll be Southern up the spout tomorrow morning then!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Great set of runs for us IF it remains as it is. If it trends west over the next day or two, then we could just miss out. So while we're all hopefully optimistic, it is still by no means a done deal. Important for people to remember that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Great set of runs for us IF it remains as it is. If it trends west over the next day or two, then we could just miss out. So while we're all hopefully optimistic, it is still by no means a done deal. Important for people to remember that.

Aw we are happy.We can rant and rave now,and if nothing happens we can moan again :clapping::sorry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

temps already -1.8c

wind chill -7c

dewpoint -8c

humidity 62%

By the way just heard from my parents who live near bury st edmonds in suffolk and its got very cloudy there. Snow anyone?

Posted

guys im worried......people on the model thread are saying the snow wont reach us :(?

As I said previously their are some very jealous people in the MOD thread at moment. Clearly "let's take a stab" at the SE is favoured at the moment as it look like we are the best location for the front.

Or the North West members are longing for the front to stay further west - but as is currently being modeled its due to stall over us for 30 hours.

Stick with us in here. To much negativity in the MOD thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

Here is a new thread for the SE and London. Alot of uncertainty over the weekend so please try not to get too attached to the current set of charts, as they may change.

cant help but get attatched there AWESOME!

Posted

Indeed, that was what i was trying to say earlier in the MOD thread.

The 12z shows great snow ammounts in the south east, could see 20cm of snow going by the 12z GFS chart

12020612_0212.gif

However the further east you the totals decrease. Maybe 7cm in east kent on a 1:12 ratio

if it shifts further west then it may decrease further. However like this morning it may shift east and East kent could get hammered.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

right...we now have cloud cover and one or two echoes are showing in the Thames Estuary, one near clacton and another near the Isle of Sheppey. small echoes in west essex too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Yes, by the time this weather moves in, you can pretty well guarantee that the latest model runs won't match reality.

I've seen this sort of thing happen too many times, so I'm cautious. Would love to be wrong though.

Posted

Right, looks like I will make my plan to stay in Wokingham till Tuesday :)

An extra night with the other half.............oh well, I'll live lol

Lets just hope I make it down there Saturday evening!

Never thought I'd say this but at times like this I love being a part-time Southerner :D

Posted

I too noticed a bit of "SE hating" on the Mod thread - sorry but is it bot quite rightly our turn for this winter?! Northern and Western areas have had a go this winter - its not like its been all us and now we're getting even more?!

Think I'll stay in the regional and check what Meto/BBC r updating!

H x

Not had a sniff of snow in north west so far this winter. I'm actually looking forward to see how the south east copes. Probably not had a seriously large snowfall in 20 years and the population has increased so much, there could be fun and games ahead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

a couple of echoes on the radar over the estuary... :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

IF this happens could it be worse than feb 1st snow last year?

Was there any? I can only remember the last two months of last winter being a bit of a non event.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Hi guys, how much realistacly from past experience would we expect this event to shift westwards as I am slightly concerned from what i'm hearing on the MOD thread? thanks

Edited by Snowman31

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

my dewpoint reading has gone down to -7c from -8c and the temp is now -7c humidity 62%

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Not had a sniff of snow in north west so far this winter. I'm actually looking forward to see how the south east copes. Probably not had a seriously large snowfall in 20 years and the population has increased so much, there could be fun and games ahead.

Many parts of the south east have actually had very large snowfall totals over the last 3 winters.

Feb 2009 streamer saw between 6 inches to a foot of snow, depending on location. Parts of Surrey saw a foot and the eastern and southern suburbs of London had between 6 and 10 inches.

Jan 2010 saw exceptional amounts of snow in central southern England. Basingstoke was hit particularly hard. The SE saw less, but many areas still had 4-8 inches.

Nov 2010 saw S Essex, NW Kent having close to a foot of snow from a 3 day streamer. Parts of east and south London also had several inches.

December 2010 saw about 5 or 6 inches fall in about 3 hours across all of London and many other parts of the SE.

Edited by danm