Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West Of England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Bang on 0C with DP of -4C. Im am getting nervous, excited and flitting to and from the Wales and Midlands Threads. :crazy:

Snow reports still in South Wales as far as Swansea, but rain reports north of Brecon and more worryingly the Shropshire hills. Is this front moving in too quickly?

Posted

Bang on 0C with DP of -4C. Im am getting nervous, excited and flitting to and from the Wales and Midlands Threads. :crazy:

Snow reports still in South Wales as far as Swansea, but rain reports north of Brecon and more worryingly the Shropshire hills. Is this front moving in too quickly?

The snow has stopped in west somerset :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Looks like it is on time at the moment to be honest, got to remember it should be slowing down also as it is coming up against the cold air.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Amber Warning of Snow for South West England : Gloucestershire & Swindon valid from 1145 Sat 04 Feb to 2359 Sat 04 Feb

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/sw/sw_forecast_warnings.html?from=rss&sn=16270343-63BE-CAE3-12A4-3DC2EA5C7049_7_SW

Nothing here yet except for a few flakes an hour ago! Looks like it's moving away from me on the netweather radar ! :unsure:

This is where it confuses me... Coz that includes Somerset (the amber) but the warning only says Swindon and Gloucestershire? Head spinning...

Posted
Posted · Hidden by alex131297, February 4, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by alex131297, February 4, 2012 - No reason given

Somerset in the Amber warning :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Hmm this has all the signs of not stopping, but not having access to a radar I don't know if this is part of the main front or just a sympton of Dartmoor and its mircoclimate...

Posted

This is where it confuses me... Coz that includes Somerset (the amber) but the warning only says Swindon and Gloucestershire? Head spinning...

yeah Amber warning for ice in somerset

Posted

The amber warning is for ice on Sunday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frost and snow. A quiet autumn day is also good.

Somerset / Devon border. Snow grains... but this will be rain before very long. Our interest in this event will wane fast, but maybe mid week can bring something more useful for us.

Posted

Ag

Dont get to excited i can feel its going to be a disapointing evening for my part of the world.

Agreed, all I'd love is a bit of heavy snow for a period, if it turns to rain, so be it. :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

It is Tom! Its going to be gloomy in here in a few hours apart from a lucky few in Gloucs and Wiltshire! Nice to see a little falling snow around first though!

Posted

It is Tom! Its going to be gloomy in here in a few hours apart from a lucky few in Gloucs and Wiltshire! Nice to see a little falling snow around first though!

Posted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

The radar is showing hail over me but there's nothing falling from the sky here lol. Where's my snow, maybe it's later on this afternoon ortonight. I am getting really confused now :cc_confused: Hope it does snow I've told everybody up here and my poor dog is going be so disappointed if there isen't any lol :cray:

Posted

Sorry about repeated posts, using a new phone

Posted

Hoping we get a few cm's here before it turns back to rain so I can at lest say we've had some settling snow this year!

Posted

Is there an echo in here? :p

Posted

I hope it does im even debaiting on whether to head up to lansdown which is part of the cotswolls bet id see some accumalating snow up there.

Hoping we get a few cm's here before it turns back to rain so I can at lest say we've had some settling snow this year!

I might be heading towards yate in a few hours time maybe a slightly better chance than here especially towards chippen sodbury.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Very light snow here. Lets hop eit doesnt turn to rain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Hopefully our time will come later this month for better snow, this weekend is just too marginal for us.

Temps here are now 0.1c, -3.8dp and still rising. At least I should hopefully see some snow before it turns back to rain....

Good luck to those further north east of our region who might have a bit more luck.