Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

the highlighted bit is critical.......I would like the frontal triple point to stay to our south west (if only by a few miles) then we should stay on the right side of marginal...it really is nip and tuck!.....pop in the North West thread as Liam J posted a nice image a few minutes ago of where the triple point currently lies

the highlighted bit is critical.......I would like the frontal triple point to stay to our south west (if only by a few miles) then we should stay on the right side of marginal...it really is nip and tuck!.....pop in the North West thread as Liam J posted a nice image a few minutes ago of where the triple point currently lies

Is that looking likely? Some of the PPN to the NW is still pepping up and heading this way. Am I right in thinking anywhere north of the triple point stays snowy, anywhere south and west has rain?

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

I'm glad you're on today. Everytime we have a snow event it's your reports I watch out for. Bewdley is lower down than here so when it's good for you I know all will be well here. Added to the fact that Bewdley looks stunning covered in snow!

I remember waiting for you to report on the 17th/18th December 2010!

Ah, now that was an interesting event! I'm a little way up the hill out of Bewdley town centre (which is only about 20m asl) so that helps slightly, but I'm pleasantly surprised that it's still below freezing here. Looks odds on for a "daylight ice day" (max -0.6 °C) even assuming it warms up later in the evening. You're right, though, Bewdley in snow is a gorgeous sight. It was wonderful in Jan and Dec 2010 to be able to look over its rooftops every day.

Posted

alot lighter here now in ludlow eased off, hopefully start getting heavier again and hopefully will be snow all the way through fingers crossed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun and warmth in summer Snow and ice in winter

Snow light/heavy again, but with small flakes. Saying that though it's slowly adding accumulation here in south Telford just over 1cm :)

Edited by quest4peace

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Just popped out to Asda, snow had got lighter but has started to pep up again now, i love watching it when i'm inside, so cosy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Are you talking about Bashing the Bishop???! :lol:

Erm, back to the weather..........the flakes are getting bigger here in Knowle, with the really juicy ppn still to head our way :)

Bish

LMAO ...funniest thing I've seen posted this winter :rofl:

Is that looking likely? Some of the PPN to the NW is still pepping up and heading this way. Am I right in thinking anywhere north of the triple point stays snowy, anywhere south and west has rain?

More of less, yes IMHO

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Snowing moderately here in Nuneaton now and everything has a light covering.

Here are the 12z Images from the NAE run-just issued if anything a better picture for some with thicker snow cover expected than earlier,especially further East.

post-2026-0-10008000-1328370660_thumb.gi post-2026-0-49479900-1328370666_thumb.gi post-2026-0-41803400-1328370673_thumb.gi

post-2026-0-92284800-1328370684_thumb.gi post-2026-0-13692100-1328371154_thumb.gi post-2026-0-63402000-1328371186_thumb.gi

However later tonight and into tomorrow the dews and surface temperatures are set to rise ,especially the further west you are as we lose the surface feed off the cold continent and instead pick up a more South Westerly drift off the Atlantic.

So let`s enjoy it while we can and hope it sticks around for a little while in the morning at least. :)

Edited by phil n.warks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

On my phone right now so can't really access charts. Could someone tell me how it's looking for this evening?

Posted

Just seen Liam J's post in NW thread. Which way is this front heading? I can't figure it out from the radar. Hopefully if it's slowly sliding SE, the convergence zone of the two fronts should do the same?

Posted

On my phone right now so can't really access charts. Could someone tell me how it's looking for this evening?

Everything is going pretty much to forecast right now, mate. No significant deviations.

Posted

Really bucketing it down now, ever larger flakes by the minute. I guess the heavier ppn is moving across. Plus the temp is still holding steady at -1.4 (DP -3.0).

All in all, this is turning out to be a really memorable event. I'm not really too bothered what happens later (i.e. probably a bit of rain followed by a slushy mess in the morning), now that this dog of a winter has finally delivered a good fall.

Bish

Posted

Lichfield on BBC News Channel!

Posted

Whats are the chances of this turning to rain, or thawing away in the enxt few days?

A small chance of it turning to rain in the west on the back edge, and the thaw looks quite likely according to the meto on monday or tuesday as temps expected to be about 4 degrees.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun and warmth in summer Snow and ice in winter

post-11363-0-71186700-1328372086_thumb.j

Proof that we have snow in telford :) This a picture from ketley :)

This was 21 mins ago

Edited by quest4peace

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Phew! Walked on the Malverns just behind the house - this is Great Malvern as you look down on it from the north end of the Hills:

malvern_snowFeb04.jpg

And here is me with about 15 layers of clothes. The snow isn't very deep, just a cm, it's blowing round so much it's making it harder to settle evenly, also the flake size has decreased.

Me_snowFeb04.jpg

Posted

Bigger flakes are beginning to fall here

Posted

Here in stoke its being snowing since half 12 not really heavy but the wind is the problem its blowing it everywhere and making a real chill in the air

Posted

Snowing moderately in Coventry for about an hour and a half, only about half a cm on the ground though main roads are clear. Gradually getting heavier. Some even heavier stuff may be on its way from what can be seen on the radar.

Edited by fourseasons

Posted

Not really getting any of the heavier bursts that other people are, hopefully i will later :)