Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 3

Posted

Fine light snow in Nottingham.... Giving a icy coating to surfaces now. It seems to be gradually closing in though and def looking good within an hour or so here I think!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun and warmth in summer Snow and ice in winter

Still snowing but annoyingly drizzly :doh:

Posted

Past hour snow has been on and off very light as well.when can we expect heaviest snowfall??

The radar is your friend buddy. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Past hour snow has been on and off very light as well.when can we expect heaviest snowfall??

Hard to say. Worth noting that it's set to continue for a minimum of 3 hours, more likely closer to six hours according to MetO. Plenty yet to come.

My main concern is the heavier stuff losing its intensity before it gets here. It's not predicted, but thats what seems to always happen.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

False start for snow, 2 flakes, then stopped. Exciting news of heavy snow further west, Wind has picked up here. Dewpoint -3.7c Temp +0.3c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

According to 06z NMM the heavier stuff wont reach us around the west midlands/east midlands border for the next 2 to 4 hours. Not sure how accurate that is though, the 12z is needed. Though I figure radar is a better idea, model outputs just look nicer :p

Edited by kmanmx

Posted

False start for snow, 2 flakes, then stopped. Exciting news of heavy snow further west, Wind has picked up here. Dewpoint -3.7c Temp +0.3c

Yeah that was just a tiny blob on the radar, exciting come still to come for us!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

After your outrageous behaviour earlier today, I sincerely hope you copped a snowball in the "groinal area" :lol:

Bish

you're cruisin' for a brusin'.....you bad Bish! :rofl:

Posted

Snow ever so slightly heavier In Chesterfield town centre now, but nothing I can call anything but extremely light. I think the peaks are shielding us. To be honest I don't mind (which is unusual for me), I'm doing a fundraiser tomorrow morning and wouldn't want that to be spoiled by heavy snow.

Posted

Well got home after a harrowing ride home on my new bike shown left <----- and we have steady snow now around half a cm so far, here's a pic!

4thfeb2012snow001.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Just started to really pick up in Birmingham,

flake size increasing and notiably windier

post-12214-0-62766900-1328370364_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

What do you reckon NW'wards AJ? PPN looks like it could build for a couple of hours yet, reckon we might get a nice depth if things stay on the right side of marginal.

the highlighted bit is critical.......I would like the frontal triple point to stay to our south west (if only by a few miles) then we should stay on the right side of marginal...it really is nip and tuck!.....pop in the North West thread as Liam J posted a nice image a few minutes ago of where the triple point currently lies

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Rapidly turning into a winter wonderland here just outside Nottingham city centre. Light but steady snow - lovely. And loads to come!

Posted

I wouldn't want to be driving in brum this afternoon!

or any afternoon...lol

Posted

Light snow is slap bang on my doorstep now here in Newark, everything is looking good... let the fun and games begin!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Quickly settling in Cov, and nice big flakes at the West Brom match!

Posted

you're cruisin' for a brusin'.....you bad Bish! :rofl:

Are you talking about Bashing the Bishop???! :lol:

Erm, back to the weather..........the flakes are getting bigger here in Knowle, with the really juicy ppn still to head our way :)

Bish