Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Of England Regional Discussion - Part 5

A.J

Posted

I'm a Rovers fan, so combine that with todays snow and that gas oven is going to have some company soon.

it should be 7-1 and id be surprised if it doesnt end 8-1 or even 9-1 they way the gooners are playing

Posted
I've just watched BBC weather on news 24 and snow at 8.00pm all over our region, do these weather people have windows lol
Yes with snowflakes painted on them.

it should be 7-1 and id be surprised if it doesnt end 8-1 or even 9-1 they way the gooners are playing
Thanks for that!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

This is starting to turn to rain.

At 600ft! Bad times. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Long hot summers and bitterly cold winters with lots of snow

had around 2 hours of snow in Ashton, 2-3cm of snow on the ground everywhere!

Lucky you Seriously I have snow envy. :bad::cray:

Posted

lol that sounds as much OTT as the meto warning haha

for those without access to indepth charts, here is a place you can view them, not sure how accurate they are tho ->http://www.weathercharts.org/

thanks hc

Posted

Yes with snowflakes painted on them.

Thanks for that!

i dont think anyone would have lived with the gooners today, they are that good..meh

Posted

Freezing Rain taken literally 10 mins ago within the back garden.

post-8763-0-21999700-1328365487_thumb.jp

Yes its a right old mixture at the moment, snow flakes sleet and freezing rain, temperature has gone up slightly, now at -1.2.Its very slippery outside. If we get the heavier stuff on top later this afternoon its going to be absolutely lethal. Seems to be more snow now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

At 600ft! Bad times. :(

Well not quite rain but certainly sleety, its difficult to tell, i might go up the pub and investigate and report back in a bit.

Posted

What's worse getting snow before it turns into rain or getting freezing rain/graupel without any snow at all?

Can't decide to be honest.

hard choice but since we want snow, even if it does to rain is better than freezing rain / grauple

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

if you watch bbc weather its not till after 3pm the snow seems to expand over us we will see

the only place that doesnt have snow in the NW is west cumbria :rofl:

Posted

Yeah the BBC had first had widespread snow for our region 3-6. Maybe they were holding onto this triple point thing. Because if I didn't know weather I wouldn't want them to explain that to me! The public just want to here snow! End of :p

Posted

good covering here, still light snow - recon there's plenty more to come, just been out to play, neighbours have sledges out, I have rear wheel drive and 3L turbo with traction turned off.........................oh happy days!!!

Posted

Gas Mark 7!!

i know how you feel they hammered us 7-1 a few years back then did it on the opening day of the season a couple season's back 5-0 humiliating doesnt do it justice

blackburn down to 10 men tho

anyway watching intently for the snow to arrive..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Thats wierd considering its still snowing here. You sure its not just gonne to light snow for awhile?

Still snowing moderately here and he's just over the hill. Saddleworth usually get it twice as bad .