Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West Of England Regional Discussion Thread - Part 2

kold weather

Posted

What a stressful day. Will it snow? Won't it snow? Who will be England manager? Will Harry get off? Will I go to work on Friday? Should I do the 40-1 bet on Beckham being the next manager? Will the snow turn to rain? Is spring really starting next week?

I am going to have an ulcer by April. :(

Posted

Where's Mullender tonite?

Keep him away from this thread tomorrow - let's have a whip round and send him on a flight out of BTL airport tom afternoon to the Alps skiing!! :lol:

Guaranteed snow for all in these parts then!! :rofl:

What a stressful day. Will it snow? Won't it snow? Who will be England manager? Will Harry get off? Will I go to work on Friday? Should I do the 40-1 bet on Beckham being the next manager? Will the snow turn to rain? Is spring really starting next week?

Take care on the bet for England next manager - why?

Because it's next PERMANENT England manager at the bookies.

And i reckon the next manager will be a temporary replacement.

Posted

Are you worrying about things too much?... Have you been on the vino tonight?... Did reading your last post just make my night?... :rofl:

I'm going for a "yes" on all 3 counts! :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

What a stressful day. Will it snow?

Won't it snow? Yes

Who will be England manager? Harry Redknapp

Will Harry get off? Yes

Will I go to work on Friday? No

Should I do the 40-1 bet on Beckham being the next manager? No

Will the snow turn to rain? Possibly

Is spring really starting next week? No

I hope that helps! :acute:

Keep him away from this thread tomorrow - let's have a whip round and send him on a flight out of BTL airport tom afternoon to the Alps skiing!! :lol:

Dont go into other threads that contain members from a certain part of the country! I noticed your dispute in another thread! Lol! :diablo:

This is the only thread you need for honest, non bias and realistic views on the upcoming weather! ;)

You will end up paranoid and very confused otherwise

Edited by Active Weather Dude

Tasty netwx forecast for the next few days, Friday moderate-heavy snow max temp 1C, Saturday down to -8 in the morning, a max of -2C and then down to -10C at 9PM (almost always wrong, usually shows the temp dropping off fa to quickly early on) and a min of -10C on Sunday morning (certainly possible with snowcover, non existent wind and clear skies). The temp over the next few days doesnt get above 3C so any snow cover could possibly stick around until the northerly kicks in!

Posted

Are you worrying about things too much?... Have you been on the vino tonight?... Did reading your last post just make my night?... :rofl:

I'm going for a "yes" on all 3 counts! :p

...and don't even get me started on Emmerdale, will John really divorce Moira and run off with Chastity? Is Val really out for revenge?

My life sucks! :(

LOL No vino tonight but because Active weather dude has told me that I won't be going to work on Friday I am going to start drinking at 4pm tomorrow afternoon and start my half term early. If he is wrong...well he has the lives of 30 children in his hands. :(:D

Bristle boy, yes you're right. Harry can't be perm yet because of his 'Best football team evah' commitments.

I reckon Beckham would be a brilliant manager, he's young (ish), a great ambassador for the game, he has played football professionally in the last 40 years ;) and is passionate. Give him a go I say.

Anyway, back to the weather...

Edited by dancing daisy

Posted

Dont go into other threads that contain members from a certain part of the country! I noticed your dispute in another thread! Lol! :diablo:

This is the only thread you need for honest, non bias and realistic views on the upcoming weather! ;)

You will end up paranoid and very confused otherwise

LOL - off to get some shuteye - tomorrow eve had better be interesting and as planned!

Posted

Of course, we'll all be wanting Capello to stay when we win the Euros :lazy:

Back on topic - I saw Mullender in here earlier - he must be getting his ski-jump ready on his little hill by now,

GFS 18z defaults to zonal mush in it's latter time frames as per.

Decent signs of a block forming out in the Atlantic in the near future - although all talk is whether the northerly will be a toppler, a sinker or the harbinger of snowmageddon - Let's hope february delivers. What? about 3 weeks left?

Posted

...and don't even get me started on Emmerdale, will John really divorce Moira and run off with Chastity? Is Val really out for revenge?

LOL No vino tonight but because Active weather dude has told me that I won't be going to work on Friday I am going to start drinking at 4pm tomorrow afternoon and start my half term early. If he is wrong...well he has the lives of 30 children in his hands. :(:D

Ha ha!... Sorry, can't offer advice on the Emmerdale front!

So you've already penciled-in a "snow-day" for Friday then?... That's what I like to see... Forward planning! :rofl:

And just to think a few days ago you were telling me you didn't care much for the snow... :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Is it too early to start? No? Ok then; here goes......

RAMPETY RAMPETY RAMP!!!!!!!!!!!! Yippee!!!!!!

Posted

LOL - off to get some shuteye - tomorrow eve had better be interesting and as planned!

Don't think anything this winter is going to plan........ but lets all have everything crossed that it does this time, we really really need this white stuff, especially as it is going to be the weekend and start of half term,,, billy bonus :clapping:

Posted

Don't think anything this winter is going to plan........ but lets all have everything crossed that it does this time, we really really need this white stuff, especially as it is going to be the weekend and start of half term,,, billy bonus :clapping:

Well, I have just watched the ITV Weather in Wales, and NO mention of snow,,, it just said, we may get rain with sleet???????

Posted

Ha ha!... Sorry, can't offer advice on the Emmerdale front!

So you've already penciled-in a "snow-day" for Friday then?... That's what I like to see... Forward planning! :rofl:

And just to think a few days ago you were telling me you didn't care much for the snow... :nonono:

I just want at least 1 snow day this winter and law of sod dictates that if it doesn't happen Friday it'll happen next week when I am off work and that would suck big time.

Right, night night all. See you all tomorrow for the madness that is snow ramping. :D Xx

Posted

Bristle boy, yes you're right. Harry can't be perm yet because of his 'Best football team evah' commitments.

I reckon Beckham would be a brilliant manager, he's young (ish), a great ambassador for the game, he has played football professionally in the last 40 years ;) and is passionate. Give him a go I say.

Anyway, back to the weather...

may i ask what part of somerset are you from ? :good:

Posted

I just want at least 1 snow day this winter and law of sod dictates that if it doesn't happen Friday it'll happen next week when I am off work and that would suck big time.

Right, night night all. See you all tomorrow for the madness that is snow ramping. :D Xx

Night!... See you tomorrow for the "lamp-post" shift!

Posted

Well, I have just watched the ITV Weather in Wales, and NO mention of snow,,, it just said, we may get rain with sleet???????

Good old ITV yeah, dont worry, Channel 5 weather is on soon, that should be more detailed

Posted

Night all you lightweights going to bed early. I'm starting lamppost watch right now and I'm not backing down until I see snow :rofl:

Posted

Sounds suspiciously like Bill Farkin ex from BBC weather forums and Met Monkey fame.

Good old ITV yeah, dont worry, Channel 5 weather is on soon, that should be more detailed

LMAO - they really don't pay much attention do they.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Hahaha I have been in the pub I could not bare a potential downgrade but instead it is all good news!?

:lol: :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Met Office has max. temp. of 5ºc for me on Saturday... NetWeather has a max. temp. of 0ºc!

Hmmm, slight difference there!... I know which forecast I'm backing!!!

Yes and another thing I've noticed is that the national weather has a 4C over us with snow falling on Friday - not at all possible.

Posted

We might be looking at the same lampost mate, I live in Frampton. :)

We're gonna get plastered :)

Mmmm, I think Winterbourne and Coalpit Heath are going to get a massive dumping, but Frampton will be under a hole in the cloud, with light snizzle blowing in the wind! Lol! :clapping:

Good Luck

Posted

Yes and another thing I've noticed is that the national weather has a 4C over us with snow falling on Friday - not at all possible.

Yeah, the temperature forecasts lately (on Met Office etc.) seem to be a wee bit "overcooked"!

Max. temp. in Bath today (Lansdown) was -1ºc...

Like you say, it can either be 4ºc and rain, or a few degrees lower with snow... Not 4ºc with snow!... Never known that before!

Oh my God... How quiet is the MOD thread?!... ;)