Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West Of England Regional Discussion Thread - Part 2

kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

I think I just saw Ians monitor behind him on that clip, and it looked pretty darn good!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

just seen points west intro..... graphics on his pc in background looked interesting....

You beat me too it :clapping:

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

just seen points west intro..... graphics on his pc in background looked interesting....

looked great indeed, it may actually look white outside on Friday morning!

Posted

looked great indeed, it may actually look white outside on Friday morning!

Its when we find out that it is just his screen saver from a snow event that happened last year! :rofl::rofl:

Posted

ITV just said rain for the west, so me! and snow for east!

Im not too worried about itv forecast watch ian f forecast in a few mins should be intresting :)

Posted

Think I just wet myself... :clapping::clapping::air_kiss:

please no last min downgrades! :aggressive:

Posted

I'll take that forecast! Should be a covering by the time I wake up Friday morning!

Let's just hope it doesn't change for the worse over the next 24 hours!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Here we go again! Bit more promising for the NE of our region this time? Weather different on build up, not sure if that makes any difference. Very cold and damp in Stroud today. 1c according to car and bit misty (according to me) working outside felt very cold, couldn't dig due to frozen ground. Good luck again...SW.

Posted

I know Im new and I dont know anything but I dont get how this is good for the SW? Iv just watched BBC local weather and the snow barely makes it into our region unless you are Wiltshire way, most of what I would call the SW is under rain. Confused! :pardon:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

the icons on BBC show it to be similar to last sats event where it turned to rain, is there a big difference this time around?

cheers

There is less wind and any air will or should be on an easterly drift rather than due south like last weekend so the chances are probably slightly better even for coastal areas albeit any snow there not settling.

Posted

Looking pretty good for you guys in Avon and Somerset, would be even better if it moved a little further SW into Devon, but if that's not to be, then I'll try to enjoy reading your reports. Would just make a nice change for the SE not to get all the fun.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

I know Im new and I dont know anything but I dont get how this is good for the SW? Iv just watched BBC local weather and the snow barely makes it into our region unless you are Wiltshire way, most of what I would call the SW is under rain. Confused! :pardon:

The SW covers Wiltshire, Somerset, Gloucestershire, Dorset, Bristol, Devon and Cornwall.

Posted

Evening all!

Some v positive tweets on Ian F's account this eve for our area - NAE at 9.15 this eve will be interesting

Posted

The SW covers Wiltshire, Somerset, Gloucestershire, Dorset, Bristol, Devon and Cornwall.

yes i do know that, but the snow risk only covers 3 of the above counties which isnt "most" of the SW is it?

Posted

The forecast had the snowy ppn accros majority of west country to be fair. wiltshire, bristol, somerset, gloucestershire, dorset and even the edge of devon although far less.

Posted

Seems rain at first around Bristol area south, then the colder air digs in and turns to snow for a time. Around Bristol channel coasts probably a bit of drizzle and sleet. Turning more to snow later, but with the ground already wet, North Somerset looks like seeing a nice snow to rain event again.

Posted

Hehe! Ian is getting invaded with questions on Twitter now! Questions like will the schools close in Somerset etc!

You watch, it will all go nipples up tomorrow now! Lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

I think its a further north & east you are and more inland will see a bit of snow. Anywhere south of Bristol and near the coast will see rain then snow then rain again I think.