Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 11

kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I am reading it that they expect a Kent Clipper, have not looked at Charts for today but would expect winds to be just a tad too far North of East later and overnight if the Met are saying this. Hope I am wrong and it is an ENEasterly!

As temperatures drop sharply this afternoon and this evening ice will form on untreated roads and pavements, specifically in those areas that still have a partially melted cover of snow. The public should be aware that there could as a result be some disruption to travel. In the far southeast of England an additional slight snowfall, up to about 1cm, is likely locally during the night.

Here in a Very Sunny Leigh on Sea

Temp : 0.6c

Dewp : -4.3c

Wind 7mph from the..........................ENE :clapping:

Thanks Paul, as you can see I am new to all this but I am an experienced 'lurker'.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

temp here in Ramsgate still below freezing at -1.2 , surely we would be in the firing line of a kent clipper here on the east coast.. beautifull sunny day at mo.

Posted

Temp 0.4 Dewp -4.3

edit met office still going for it to turn milder

Yeah meto seem fairly confident now that by day 6 from now we will have milder weather, then average from there on !! trust me not what i want to be hearing and its not what im reading either on the model discussions !!! :sorry:

Posted

Still loads of snow out there. Becoming quite compacted on pavements and at the sides of roads.

Just holding at -0.8c.

Posted

Temp -2.1 Hum 85% DP -5C

Sunny. Still about 3-4" of snow lying, with a rather crispy topping.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Might be worth keeping an eye on the radar tonight peeps, my wunderground weather station is predicting and ENE wind to develop tonight, so a streamer could be possible with the right conditions :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Would love even a slight top up of lying snow. Most of the snow on the roads and pavements have gone, probably about 20% of snow left in these places. But on the grass out and about there is still loads. Driving around earlier there was loads of snow on open grass areas - probably still a few cm's.

Posted

Might be worth keeping an eye on the radar tonight peeps, my wunderground weather station is predicting and ENE wind to develop tonight, so a streamer could be possible with the right conditions :good:

there was some streamer-like cloud forming in the channel and from the thames earlier, the ones in the channel were producing precip. i don't know if conditions would be right later but i suppose we can hope!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

2.2C here with a dewpoint of -2.5C, lovely sunny day and hope for a hard frost tonight!

Guest archiesmummy

Yeah meto seem fairly confident now that by day 6 from now we will have milder weather, then average from there on !! trust me not what i want to be hearing and its not what im reading either on the model discussions !!! :sorry:

Forgive me if am wrong but didn't they go with mild at the weekend about this far away last week and then changed their minds as the snow became more certain? Not saying we will get snow again but they don't seem to look at the bigger picture...just sayin...

Posted

http://winter.buienr...neeuwradar.aspx

worth keeping an eye on for later :)

I was just about to post that, you beat me to it, Nice cluster of showers only light though, but as you say something to watch for.

Posted

Forgive me if am wrong but didn't they go with mild at the weekend about this far away last week and then changed their minds as the snow became more certain? Not saying we will get snow again but they don't seem to look at the bigger picture...just sayin...

Well thet certainly seem to be in disagreement wth most of the models , which makes me wonder why & wot they seem to know that others dont !!

Posted

I was just about to post that, you beat me to it, Nice cluster of showers only light though, but as you say something to watch for.

the wind vectors for later are the right direction-

ukwind.png

Posted

the wind vectors for later are the right direction-

ukwind.png

That looks almost perfect for a streamer set up could just do with some disturbance to help kick it off.

Posted

That looks almost perfect for a streamer set up could just do with some disturbance to help kick it off.

would be great to get a huge unexpected dumping of snow from a surprise streamer! (snaps out of daydream!...)

Posted

would be great to get a huge unexpected dumping of snow from a surprise streamer! (snaps out of daydream!...)

This happened a couple of years ago. Gave me 16 inches. To describe it as awesome would be an understatement.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Probably a dumb question but

If it was a streamer would it not give more than 1cm as it would pick up moisture in the estuary and back build

Or am I completely wrong there lol

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Posted

What a great Satelite Picture - Shows where the Snowfields are under the clear skies!

Also just a note most Streamer situations happen when showers form typically 25-75 miles offshore and NOT From convective showers from Holland.

There are also going to be some serious Icicles knocking around tomorrow morning!