Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 5

kold weather

Posted

A pic I took this morning of Braunstone park near me..

The lake is mostly frozen over and there is still a good 5cm of snow left on the grass, apologies for the poor quality though lol, the camera on my phone is 8MP but I was freezing cold and shaking :lol:

HAHA I just saw what you wrote about your hands were cold and shaking, them I saw the picture underneath which says 'attached thumbnails" and though ....."my god! it must be cold!" :D Edited by cyclonic happiness

Posted

I'm starting to think places east of Birmingham won't really see much more than 1-3cms. Gfs shifts things further west again on the 06z.

Posted

Yeah the models are shifting westwards again, this run actually brings the core of the precip into E.Wales!

Still really the models mean nothing now, as its very much a nowcast situation...not sure they really have a good grip of things looking at the current radar!

Posted

I'm starting to think places east of Birmingham won't really see much more than 1-3cms. Gfs shifts things further west again on the 06z.

just jiggle in your mind the furthest east and the furthest west you seen it and the exact middle bit is probably where it'll be or ...................................HINCKLEY! :D

Posted

Charts two days ago that had it further east than here and charts from today that its much further west doesn't result in it probably being in the middle. It shows the latest data shows its now further west and has been trending so for some time. If anything I wouldn't surprised if it continued that trend.

Posted

I thought this too Andy, looking at Raintoday premium they are forecasting it to be reaching Nottingham by 10am like you say!

Not here .... yet!

Although the radar says it should be at this very moment!

Edited by JonMillar

Posted

Charts two days ago that had it further east than here and charts from today that its much further west doesn't result in it probably being in the middle. It shows the latest data shows its now further west and has been trending so for some time. If anything I wouldn't surprised if it continued that trend.

the rainfall radar is showing that it's ALOT further east as we speak though?

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Wait untill it hit's Birmingham it's looking like the front will bump into the cold air, stall then pivot S/W

Posted

I think in the Midlands you are more likely to get it earlier than first forecast , for example it is nearly hitting Leicester now , I just hope the air is cold enough for you guys ... I think what will then happen is later on this evening it will squash up together into a big band , as the PPN merges together it will intensify and then be forced SW and end up near Wales somewhere , with some lighter stuff remaining a bit further East .

Posted

Arh well most people are saying nothing is falling from where the ppn is showing on the radar ... Must be evaporating before it reaches the ground .

Posted

I think in the Midlands you are more likely to get it earlier than first forecast , for example it is nearly hitting Leicester now , I just hope the air is cold enough for you guys ... I think what will then happen is later on this evening it will squash up together into a big band , as the PPN merges together it will intensify and then be forced SW and end up near Wales somewhere , with some lighter stuff remaining a bit further East .

Hmm! Not sure. According to the radar we are under ppn right now in north Nottingham, but nothing is dropping. I don't think anything will until the heavier ppn comes down in about 9-12 hrs time. It looks like Nottingham will be right on the edge of it as it tails off to the SW. It could even be 10 miles either way making all the difference.

Edited by JonMillar

Posted

Hmm! Not sure. According to the radar we are under ppn right now in north Nottingham, but nothing is dropping. I don't think anything will until the heavier ppn comes down in about 9-12 hrs time. It looks like Nottingham will be right on the edge of it as it tails off to the SW. It could even be 10 miles either way making all the difference.

Well good luck , When this front merges together it is going too be a few Miles East or West that can be the difference between 20CM and nothing .

Posted

Just goes to show what 24 hours can do, yesterday Nottingham was bang in line for another snow event now its looking very marginal. Im going to take any snow today as a bonus but as others state 10 miles either way can change things dramatically for some

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Thunderstorms, Snow

I cant believe the radar, what can we believe at this current moment?

Im really fretting because ive got to drive to derby at 1 and come back at 4 and dont want to get stuck in freezing/rain or snow.

Really dont know what to do! Should i risk it?

Posted

I cant believe the radar, what can we believe at this current moment?

Im really fretting because ive got to drive to derby at 1 and come back at 4 and dont want to get stuck in freezing/rain or snow.

Really dont know what to do! Should i risk it?

Go to the Pub

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Thunderstorms, Snow

Go to the Pub

Would love to but have to drive late this afternoon aswell only a short distance to the missus but i dont want to get stuck in my car on the A38 miles from home!