IGNORED

South Central England Regional Discussion Thread Part 4

gottolovethisweather

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Probably because the cloud is a bit thicker. I noticed this afternoon that the temp DROPPED half a degree when the sun came out - weird. Now, as I said, I think we will see some wind shifts which may affect what happens on the coast. Shame it's dark because it would be possible to tell a lot more from the low cloud motion.

The wind along the coast is shifting to a more NE direction and hence temps are dropping slightly which is good news for you guys down there. try this website http://www.bramblemet.co.uk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Drastically improved here. Went from o/10 to 5/10 in about 5 mins! Hoping this keeps up for a few hours and doesn't turn to sleet or rain!

I am praying it's still there in the morning so my new wedding present of a sledge will get his first outing!!

Posted

Snowing heavier now, but still small flakes, doesn't seem to be settling, it's melting as soon as it hits the ground in my garden, maybe down to temperature as still 2.2C here :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny summers, cold and snowy winters. Traditional seasons please!

Now it's getting heavier! :D

The grass is definitely looking white so maybe a couple more cms if it continues for a while.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzard, Hot & Sunny

precip is dying out as it reaches south coast

really?

Posted

Snowing heavier now, but still small flakes, doesn't seem to be settling, it's melting as soon as it hits the ground in my garden, maybe down to temperature as still 2.2C here :(

Ditto although it's now started to try and settle on the wheelies. Temp here still 1.6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

precip is dying out as it reaches south coast

There's always one to spoil the general atmosphere. Go watch your lamp-post and not your radar for a change. :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Probably because the cloud is a bit thicker. I noticed this afternoon that the temp DROPPED half a degree when the sun came out - weird. Now, as I said, I think we will see some wind shifts which may affect what happens on the coast. Shame it's dark because it would be possible to tell a lot more from the low cloud motion.

Hi OMM - what affects do you expect the wind shifts to have?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Zilch here.....

YET!

Posted

agree :(

YET!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

There's always one to spoil the general atmosphere. Go watch your lamp-post and not your radar for a change. :p

That's hardly fair! All PFC is doing is reporting on his lack of snow, as am I. And yes, I have a lamp post outside and there's sweet fa falling!

Posted

That's hardly fair! All PFC is doing is reporting on his lack of snow, as am I. And yes, I have a lamp post outside and there's sweet fa falling!

And other members are actually reporting snow falling in PORTSMOUTH. That is precisely why I put this emoticon :p alongside the post to which you refer. Furthermore, Polar Bear's radar grab suggests you would be damn UNFORTUNATE not to get any snow. :cray:

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Hardly anything where I am at work though, just north of Dorchester. Been a few bits floating around for the past couple of hours. Interesting few hours coming up for some hopefully

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Its now -1c with diamond dust snow, perfect individual flakes, reflecting the house lights just like diamonds, I feel childlike and happy :D always do if it snows below zero, that melting before it's finished snowing feeling is not there at all...