Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts - April 2012 Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Looks like North Staffordshire is getting a little bit wet and thundery...

Bright sunshine and barely a cloud in the sky.

Posted

Lovely convection all around here. Had a couple of light hail showers pass through and there are some more substantial cells to my SW that look to give me a direct hit.

Posted

Bright sunshine and barely a cloud in the sky.

I meant Cheshire (I'm useless at county boundaries on that side of the country.)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Nice of you to join in Paul!

I have equalled my UK storm days of 2011 this year and its only April, GET IN. If there is anything decent kicking around after work I will go for a drive!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

south wales?!?!?!?! do i dare get my hopes up and sack off my revision?!!?

Just gone up to our attic rooms and had a look - there's a line of showers extending from Tonypandy, Pontypridd, Caerphily, touching Pontyprennau and St Mellons in the East of Cardiff, Newport and out to the channel. There has been a lightning detected in it although I was there for a good 15mins and didn't hear anything, but the city traffic noise and the wind is a bit strong today! I think that Cardiff will miss them all today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Wow even though are not getting anything yet this week, all i can say is what a stunning start to 2012, this has to be thunderiest start to any year ive ever seen! Love itttttt!

Well done to everyone who has had storms!

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Sharp shower atm here, no flashes or bangs yet...

Posted

Been watching this build up to the west of Doncaster for the last 20 minutes. Its just missed me though :(

YlvD7.jpg

Posted

Thunder heard here as picked up on the NW Lightning Detector. Power cut briefly as the thunder rumbled away but nothing since.

Posted

There now seems to be a general decaying and lightening of the showers across much of SW Britain after a trough moved through and hour or so ago.

I hope those of you to the East are grateful for us being the breeding ground for you to benefit through what has been the most active time of the day

thunder wise on many recent days lol !

The BBC News this evening showed some footage of a big hailstorm in south Gloucestershire (can't remember the place name).

It was in the wonderfully named Old Sodbury!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Thunder to my SW, becoming very windy at the moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Been dry in gloucester all day.

Some VERY dark clouds to the north though.

-G

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Just drove through some heavy hail to the south of Leeds on the M62. Just outside Castleford now and pondering my best course of action :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Booming thunder in central London!

The sky is black as night, very similar to late yesterday afternoon!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Can confirm Thunder in London EC3 get in Storm Number 5 of the year clapping.gif

Posted

As expected the Eastern End of the Estuary just North of the South Downs having a Huuuge Effect on these Storms, Eastern End Weakening and all the energy transferring North East way off to my West.

Has been fascinating to watch this in action every day this week, The Wife has reported numerous Thunderstorms in London whilst we have barely had a drop of Rain.

Posted

Flash Warning of Severe weather ** Issued By Lewis Dobson **

Heavy showers and thunderstorms will become more frequent throughout the course of this afternoon, and into this evening, continuing to around dark for Eastern areas.

The main area of focus throughout the course of this afternoon is the East Midlands, Lincolnshire, the rest of Yorkshire and Pennine areas, with East Yorkshire and Northern Lincolnshire at great risk of some severe thunderstorms this afternoon and early evening, with localized flash flooding a distinct possibility.

Low surface pressure and a slack flow, coupled with high cape values & surface heating will all combine for favorable conditions for moderate to severe thunderstorms.

These showers will be slow moving, as the low pressure is filling in, meaning a slacker flow. Hail, torrential rain, and lightning is a risk during any of these showers.

Showers will become widespread for Eastern and NE parts of England over the next few hours, with the early evening/rush hour proving the crucial time for the heaviest of these storms.

Regards

Lewis