Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 8

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

I hae often made this point but get shrugged off as moaning or redirected to the NSC. Something has definitely shifted; I can remember the days of plenty of storms in this neck of the woods, I also remember plenty of Aprils where we got some vicious hail storms etc. It used to be showers starting in the west, transferring east but staying strong in the west throughout the day. Now it's starts off as a light shower in the west before transferring east and producing a multitude of storms and downpours there with nothing at all out west.

Yes i totally agree i can remember when we in the west midlands used to get these fabled thunderstorms but it has been at least 2 years since i saw one here! You could always reley on getting at least a storm every summer or a heavy April shower with a few rumbles of thunder but not anymore, I do think tho some events are ramped up way too much but i admit i get fed up something that so n so is having there 10th or so storm and another is on the way it feels like its been rubbed in and ( which its not but we are so storm staved up here! yes it get annoying and if you say anything you just get told your moaning lol!

Thank god the outlook is drier and warmer generally and I cant be outside and enjoy the sun more.

This weekend is looking very cool and raw with strong easterly winds and some heavy rain on sunday, also a chance of some more thundery rainfall on tuesday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

This weekend is looking very cool and raw with strong easterly winds and some heavy rain on sunday, also a chance of some more thundery rainfall on tuesday.

Unfortunately this weekend doesnt look to good anymore however at least some slight improvement i.e warmer into next week looks pretty likely.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

last week was much better for storms etc for whole UK, just not that hail/thunder setup today, no anvil type skies at all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Yes i totally agree i can remember when we in the west midlands used to get these fabled thunderstorms but it has been at least 2 years since i saw one here! You could always reley on getting at least a storm every summer or a heavy April shower with a few rumbles of thunder but not anymore, I do think tho some events are ramped up way too much but i admit i get fed up something that so n so is having there 10th or so storm and another is on the way it feels like its been rubbed in and ( which its not but we are so storm staved up here! yes it get annoying and if you say anything you just get told your moaning lol!

Doesn't that just wind you up? The very people who get the lions share (and more) are the very ones who have a go at us for moaning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Doesn't that just wind you up? The very people who get the lions share (and more) are the very ones who have a go at us for moaning!

Yeah, it's true. God forbid if we end up getting more of anything though up here though.... world war 3 descends on the forum lol

Edited by CreweCold

Posted

Unfortunately this weekend doesnt look to good anymore however at least some slight improvement i.e warmer into next week looks pretty likely.

I was under the impression that Sunday may well be exceptionally wet for most of the country - unless the forecast has changed from this morning?

Bish

Posted

I was under the impression that Sunday may well be exceptionally wet for most of the country - unless the forecast has changed from this morning?

Bish

I hope it changes because sundays are nearly always wet with southerly tracking lows, 12Z a little better maybe for a drier sunday, although not looking bone dry, wanna see a southward trend on this or a delay, but seems so hard to get frontal rain at night

Posted

I've come to the conclusion I'm going to make my own thunder and lightning by playing a rumbling noise through my new sub and flicking the lights on and off really quickly. That way I can have my own personal T&L in the comfort of my own living room blum.gif

lol that sounds like a good plan! Who needs Storm Chase when you can have just as much fun in your own home? rofl.gif

Bish

Posted

Que?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Nah, I reckon we should have a Midlands meet up an go storm chasing together when, and if, a mighty thunderstorm occurs, even though we'd probably have to go to the South-East of the country to catch one. blum.gif

Edited by Rainbow Snow

Posted

Nah, I reckon we should have a Midlands meet up an go storm chasing together when, and if, a mighty thunderstorm occurs, even though we'd probably have to go to the South-East of the country to catch one. blum.gif

What's with all the small d's? Looks a bit stupid if you ask me lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Maybe we should just all save up and fly to the mid-west next season? We could call it the 'luckless midlands finally finding its weather home' TOUR 1 or something. Least then the weather gods might not scowl down on us as they seem to do with any and all kinds of good weather.

Posted

The scorecards from the county championship tell their own story today: full day of cricket at Trent Bridge and Edgbaston, compared with no play at Chelmsford, Bristol, and - but of course - the Oval.

Says it all, really dry.png

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

What's with all the small d's? Looks a bit stupid if you ask me lol.

My laptop 'd' button doesn't seem to be working, so ended up copying the letter d from another website to paste it into the words on the Netweather posting form that were missing a 'd'. But when I posted the message, I noticed these d's came up all small (lol). But I agree it looked annoying, though, so quickly edited my post.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

God almighty the GFS is actually awful. However Im hoping the words of GP last night will eventually hold true. However a couple in other threads are already jumping the gun saying this could last all summer. Yes it could but pretty unlikely imo and if anything its more wishful thinking by those who dont like Summer or people who are so downbeat, they think weve had our summer already. Total tosh and dont read the posts who suggest such rubbish.

Posted

God almighty the GFS is actually awful. However Im hoping the words of GP last night will eventually hold true. However a couple in other threads are already jumping the gun saying this could last all summer. Yes it could but pretty unlikely imo and if anything its more wishful thinking by those who dont like Summer or people who are so downbeat, they think weve had our summer already. Total tosh and dont read the posts who suggest such rubbish.

May and the summer look like being good in the damn north, Scotland on for their driest ever May, drought risk Scotland by Whit week

Posted

I hae often made this point but get shrugged off as moaning or redirected to the NSC. Something has definitely shifted; I can remember the days of plenty of storms in this neck of the woods, I also remember plenty of Aprils where we got some vicious hail storms etc. It used to be showers starting in the west, transferring east but staying strong in the west throughout the day. Now it's starts off as a light shower in the west before transferring east and producing a multitude of storms and downpours there with nothing at all out west.

In addition, I cannot help but wonder what causes Spanish Plumes (when they do happen!!) to track north eastwards these days...meaning that the storms hit mainly the south east of England and the Low Countries....occasionally the north east of England. Not too long ago, you could pretty much guarantee at least some of the time, these plumes would move northwards, ensuring a majority of us getting good night-time storms. I haven't seen a good night-time storm for a few years. Something is definately going on.

Edited by Carl43Wrexham

Posted

Once you get a true Greenland high developing in May/June, it can be a very difficult pattern to break out of (Stephen Prudence will labour this point with you). That being said, very warm weather will be experienced at some point this summer....that I am sure of.

Edited by CreweCold

Posted

Once you get a true Greenland high developing in May/June, it can be a very difficult pattern to break out of (Stephen Prudence will labour this point with you). That being said, very warm weather will be experienced at some point this summer....that I am sure of.

The weather has become so uninteresting in recent years on the whole. No Thunderstorms in this part and Winter synoptics in Summer and Summer synoptics in Winter. Im not using 2003 or 2006 to cloud my judgement either but at least most summers proved average or decent.

I dont expect a poor summer myself but im more interested in what keeps causing the wrong pattern in the wrong season. Also why does the trough only ever seem to set up shop over the UK? Its basically our equivalent of the Polar Vortex imo and if anything the UK ends up just one of the only countries to see awful weather while the rest of Europe basks in Summer. Its damn frustrating.

Posted

My laptop 'd' button doesn't seem to be working, so ended up copying the letter d from another website to paste it into the words on the Netweather posting form that were missing a 'd'. But when I posted the message, I noticed these d's came up all small (lol). But I agree it looked annoying, though, so quickly edited my post.

Oh I was trying to read it like some kind of code. When you took the 'd' out of Midlands you ended up with Milan!

Posted

Thankfully the CFS is being rather consistent in a much better May than June with actually some very dry spells appearing and warmer though nothing massively warm.

GP obviously has seen some pattern changes are possible so lets hope it comes to fruition. I do like Thundery shower set ups but the past month has delivered nothing so for the time being they can bog off imo! :lol:

Posted

Oh I was trying to read it like some kind of code. When you took the 'd' out of Midlands you ended up with Milan!

Solihull is often referred to as the Milan of the Midlands.

Bish