Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 8

A.J

Posted

Wow, I've just spotted that the West Midlands has a severe weather warning in place for today ohmy.png

Looks like most of the risk is restricted to the North and West of the region, but I'm *just* inside the danger zone.

From the Met Office site:

"Slow moving heavy and locally thundery downpours with a risk of hail are likely through most of Thursday. The heaviest rain will be accompanied by strong and gusty winds. The public should be aware that the heavy rain may lead to localised surface water flooding and poor driving conditions."

Confusingly, there also seems to be a warning in place for the East Midlands, but it doesn't seem to be covered in the graphics?

Bish

Edited by Bishop Brennan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

That's encouraging Bish. :) Could hopefully see our Solihull Storm Shieldâ„¢ get smash apart along with those further North.

Currently a mixture of puffy white stuff and blue sky at the moment. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

No sign of any weather drama in Malvern, currently. It's partly cloudy with some blue sky. Looks like we're in the dry zone for the time being...oooh the sun has just come out, nice! :) Looks like I can get out for my walk this morning, at least.

Posted

another non event for most of the region? wouldnt be surprised tbh, all the showers(albeit light) are stuck across shropshire/staffordshire atm, very little further south.

Posted

another non event for most of the region? wouldnt be surprised tbh, all the showers (albeit light) are stuck across shropshire/staffordshire atm, very little further south.

Ideally what we want to see is some sunshine this morning, to push temperatures up and hopefully trigger some downpours from lunchtime onwards. But of course these things are always rather hit or miss............let's keep our fingers crossed.

Bish

Posted

Big gap over the midlands at the moment. Here's hoping thats going to change.

Yep, not much going on at the moment, for the time being anyway.

Hopefully, the showery activity over South Wales will be heading our way very soon, and may well intensify in the process good.gif

Bish

Posted

Having a light shower at the moment.

Edited to add: Not me, the weather. LOL.

Edited by Barbmac

Posted

Big mean ol' shower passing through here. ;-)

Posted

Big mean ol' shower passing through here. ;-)

That'll be the one that completely drenched me ten minutes ago, then.

Note to self: don't go for a lunchtime walk round Solihull Park when the clouds on the horizon are black & evil rolleyes.gif

Bish

Posted

That'll be the one that completely drenched me ten minutes ago, then.

Note to self: don't go for a lunchtime walk round Solihull Park when the clouds on the horizon are black & evil rolleyes.gif

Bish

Poor you, no wonder I called it a mean ol' shower (lol). Would be useful if the clouds would let us know when it's about to dump its rain all over us, especially if someone cannot get access to a radar. smile.png ;-) Some patches of blue sky recently poking through.

Edit: Now clouded up again.

Edited by Rainbow Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

These showers haven't done much for me in the last 10 days or so. Marginally hyped up at times.

Yes i've missed most of the showers also, only had a few you could call heavy, central midlands doesnt seem to be that wet anymore, sunshine figures are near average here too, its been very pleasant in the sun lots of days and not cold at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Even I'm starting to get a bit hacked off with how things have panned out...Holy smokes, what do we have to do to get some decent storm action? help.gif

Posted

Yep, it's all turning out to be a bit of an anti-climax isn't it? I was pretty confident we'd see something memorable this afternoon.

Still time I guess, but I the bottom line is we just haven't seen enough sunshine to set things off.

Bish

Posted

Fizzling out over here. I just checked our rain gauge and we've had 31 mm in the past 24 hrs! Not bad!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Even I'm starting to get a bit hacked off with how things have panned out...Holy smokes, what do we have to do to get some decent storm action? help.gif

I've come to the conclusion I'm going to make my own thunder and lightning by playing a rumbling noise through my new sub and flicking the lights on and off really quickly. That way I can have my own personal T&L in the comfort of my own living room blum.gif

Give it 2 more hours as the convergence zone is set to shift south.

Edited by CreweCold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Looks like the main bulk out of Wales is going to miss the Midlands completly

You're not missing anything trust me....other than rain.

Posted

You're not missing anything trust me....other than rain.

Yeah, look at the east getting those downpours again. It's becoming boring now, I'm actually beginning to wonder whether it's still possible for us to get thunder round these here parts!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Yeah, look at the east getting those downpours again. It's becoming boring now, I'm actually beginning to wonder whether it's still possible for us to get thunder round these here parts!

This is happening far too often to dismiss as coincidence. I'm seriously wondering what factors are at work here, that make the eastern side of the UK so prone to storms, whilst the west misses out completely.

Posted

This is happening far too often to dismiss as coincidence. I'm seriously wondering what factors are at work here, that make the eastern side of the UK so prone to storms, whilst the west misses out completely.

I hae often made this point but get shrugged off as moaning or redirected to the NSC. Something has definitely shifted; I can remember the days of plenty of storms in this neck of the woods, I also remember plenty of Aprils where we got some vicious hail storms etc. It used to be showers starting in the west, transferring east but staying strong in the west throughout the day. Now it's starts off as a light shower in the west before transferring east and producing a multitude of storms and downpours there with nothing at all out west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Nothing all day here bar a few spots of rain. Nothing remotely convective. Boring as hell. So out of probably about 15 or so chances, this location still cant catch a storm!!!

Thank god the outlook is drier and warmer generally and I cant be outside and enjoy the sun more.