Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 8

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

People on this forum expecting storms, forget this is not the ideal setup, the ideal setup is either spanish plume, or fronts moving in when 25C, or a showery setup with much higher temps (June to Aug)

any storms of this non ideal setup massive bonus

Posted

This current pattern can't end quick enough.

Days like today with nothing but drizzle showers and not one minute of sunshine are the worst.

Next week is typically downgrading, it wouldnt shock me if the weather front stalls over us all week like the 12z suggests before northerly winds then return :lol: only in the midlands!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Ssshh. Don't use the 'm' word. It was pretty small though by the looks of it...

Posted

It did look a bit warmer and drier starting May, but the ensembles seem to have reverted to cool and wetter. We didn't get much rain at all here today. If we hadn't had a short shower at 4, I would have got the mower out!

Posted

This current pattern can't end quick enough.

Days like today with nothing but drizzle showers and not one minute of sunshine are the worst.

Next week is typically downgrading, it wouldnt shock me if the weather front stalls over us all week like the 12z suggests before northerly winds then return laugh.png only in the midlands!

bring back winter! dry mostly, trouble is summer is always wetter due to lack of Active atlantic or jet, in winter the fronts would speed through and not linger for a full day

Posted

Evening all!!!

Can anybody help me..... My hubby is setting of on Saturday morning to cycle from Long Eaton Notts to Lands End (raising money for charity) , any chance of a bit of a forecast for the areas he will be passing through on his way? Route is A50, A38, A30 (i think) planning on 60-80 miles per day. I see that there are warnings out come Sunday for the south west, but is he going to be blighted with winds and rain all the way?

Any help much appreciated

Becca!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Moderate rain in West Malvern at the mo, from the radar looks like we're in the thick of it.

Posted

Moderate rain in West Malvern at the mo, from the radar looks like we're in the thick of it.

looks to be moving north as well, hope not

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Evening all!!!

Can anybody help me..... My hubby is setting of on Saturday morning to cycle from Long Eaton Notts to Lands End (raising money for charity) , any chance of a bit of a forecast for the areas he will be passing through on his way? Route is A50, A38, A30 (i think) planning on 60-80 miles per day. I see that there are warnings out come Sunday for the south west, but is he going to be blighted with winds and rain all the way?

Any help much appreciated

Becca!!!

Hi Becca. Very best of luck to your husband. Favourable conditions for him as regards wind direction this weekend as there will be a NorthEasterly wind , so a tail wind for him during Sat/Sun although heavy rain is likely during the day on Sunday. Best Wishes Ian.good.gifgood.gifgood.gif

Posted

Thanks for that Ian!!! Tailwind sounds good, heavy rain dosn't sound so good!!!! I will keep you guys updated with weather reports from him on his journey!!!!! :)

Posted

Maybe we should just all save up and fly to the mid-west next season? We could call it the 'luckless midlands finally finding its weather home' TOUR 1 or something. Least then the weather gods might not scowl down on us as they seem to do with any and all kinds of good weather.

LOL! I can imagine what might happen - 'Luckless Midlander Storm Chasers miss out on several severe thunderstorms back home and first ever tornado to touch down in Stourbridge! Meanwhile they have complained that their combined 'shields' have transferred to Tornado Alley where blue skies and lack of stormy weather has beset the group.'

looks to be moving north as well, hope not

Yep it definitely is.

Edited by Barbmac

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Torrential for a time this morning - the rain seems to being squeezed from South and North into a tight precipitation band.

I was amazed that the Cricket in Nottingham managed a full day yesterday - I was driving around looking at the floods and there were some seriously heavy showers in the Notts area.6972025540_253063e4dc_c.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Drizzly crud currently....looks like it will remain damp throughout the day...Tomorrow doesn't look too bad but sunday could well end up a washout

Posted

Rain easing of here a little as that main intense band moves northwards.

Posted

All this rain reminds me of that day back in July 2007 (21st?) when we had over 4 inches of rain in one day. I'll bet a lot of you recall that, it was torrential all day and then was followed by a big thunderstorm that night. Floods everywhere across the Severn floodplain. Here is one picture we took that shows the Holt Fleet pub, river Severn to the left, had burst its banks and was completely covering the carpark and right up to the pub steps:

flood_pub3.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Very dull day today. This rain should be worth it (I hope) to eradicate the drought conditions further.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

This was the River Trent yesterday, all navigation suspended...6972039254_b39c520243_z.jpg

The River Soar was very similar, with lots more rain overnight....however, not All navigation was suspended....

Edited by matty40s

Posted

It absolutely belted it down here in Solihull for about four hours from 08:00am this morning. It seems to be letting up a little now, although there are some beefy showers further south which could affect us later in the afternoon.

Sunday sounds like it could well be a total washout.

Personally I'm enjoying all this rain, it's far more interesting than a week of nothingness. Plus the country really needs it as well.

Bish

Posted

Yet again another ghastly cold and damp day with no sunshine in sight, GFS FI is rather shocking, it seems next week high will be a murky drizzle fest followed by a Arctic blast or North Easterly now with maybe just Thursday or Friday on the pleasant side before temperatures go into a nosedive.

I'm not sure what the sunshine totals have been this month but im guessing they are WAY below average, only the 1st has been pleasant here :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A Horrible day. Im stunned a few (Not in this thread thank god) can like this weather. It really is stuck indoors/unsocial able weather. So Boring and nasty.

Next week could actually end up mostly dry if the annoying rain band keeps way as either side of it, it will be dry.

Posted

God awful morning here too.

This afternoon's been ok, the rain has layed off for a while, but it seems the more interesting showers are going either side of us again a-la' winter!

Feels like november again and it's crucifying the horticultural trade who are losing money right ,left and centre because folk just aren't going in their gardens!

I hope next week bucks the trend or we'll be in serious trouble ,as we have to make our money at this time of the year to last us through the winter!

Much as we need the rain, I need a job!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

A Horrible day. Im stunned a few (Not in this thread thank god) can like this weather. It really is stuck indoors/unsocial able weather. So Boring and nasty.

Next week could actually end up mostly dry if the annoying rain band keeps way as either side of it, it will be dry.

Yes i agree.We have had enough rain for a while now i reckon.I am retired but can`t do anything outside.Garden too wet to work on,golf course is closed because of waterlogged fairways so very depressing.I can`t enjoy a straightforward walk when the rain is so persistent and the countryside so wet.

Like you i cant see any positves in these conditions.

Looks like more of the same Sunday and then some break but possible showers after.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Yes i agree.We have had enough rain for a while now i reckon.I am retired but can`t do anything outside.Garden too wet to work on,golf course is closed because of waterlogged fairways so very depressing.I can`t enjoy a straightforward walk when the rain is so persistent and the countryside so wet.

Like you i cant see any positves in these conditions.

Looks like more of the same Sunday and then some break but possible showers after.

Sunday looks like it could dump another widespread 25-30mm when it's done.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Would be nice to see at least a day or two of sunny, dry weather. Must admit I'm getting a little bored of this weather, too. Don't mind sunshine and heavy showers, however. But even then, I think we could do with a spell of drier weather to go cycling, walking or what ever other activities people enjoy doing outside. :)