Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 8

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Tomorrow looks interesting given good shear which should allow organisation and longer lived cells. Met Office warning for Thundery showers/storms tomorrow too with emphasis on the West Midlands. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I think there are some data that show it is more likely to rain on Sat/Sun and more likely to be dry Monday.

Currently 6C and we've had just over 10mm rain today. Best day for rain for yonks.

Sunday wettest day of week yes, I hear thats been proven, Sun 29th Apr will likely be a washout

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Sun out here too. Move south then or is there norfolk n chance of that? blum.gif

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

The Solihull sun shield had broke. :) ...although it looks as though the sun is hiding behind a cloud at the moment. (but was shining a few minutes ago, so maybe the shield has powered back up again).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

DISGUSTING DAY! Days in January are better than this! How anyone can enjoy this is beyond me.

I dont forsee any thunderstorms here this afternoon. Im sure cloud will be an issue even though Sat24 shows some sun in the South West now. Its all too messy imo.

You're underestimating the potential for tonight IMO, this is a slightly different set up to the diurnal sun and shoeer scenario of the past couple of weeks. Any storms will develop and last well into the evening today. MetOffice mention thunder tonight in their text forecast for NW England, for example.

Posted

The sunshine shield has definitely broken now, with tear drops falling from the sky again.(lol)

Posted

Brilliant grass seed sowing weather at the minute guys, so get your butts down to your local garden centre and save our industry's neck!!

We're really suffering with this wet weather at what should be our busiest time of year.

I don't want to knock it too much but, can we have the rain at night please? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

No thunderstorms so far it went really warm when the sun came out. What's the chance of any thunderstorms? For brum.

Posted

A better chance tomorrow Syed2878.

I really think today was ramped up far too much. Yes there were some risks e.g Tornadoes given the shear and yes there was a little lightning for the SW and SE but it was not really the Thundery day many expected.

Here did see one downpour (ish) so not all bad and this morning did have some heavy persistent rain that hasnt been seen for a long time though it was vulgar this morning.

Posted

Kinda see where Blizzards is coming from, because even when having those heavy showery outbreaks of rain in the afternoon with occasional blue sky between, the clouds, at least the lower level ones, looked more like ordinary Nimbostratus cloud (which probably helped to curb convection chances, although the higher level clouds may have been convective though was kinda hard to tell).

Mind you, could still be wrong as I can find it easy to mistake the appearance of both Cumulonibus and Nimbostratus clouds, but the clouds definitely still had a very stratus-like appearance to them during the afternoon/evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Kinda see where Blizzards is coming from, because even when having those heavy showery outbreaks of rain in the afternoon with occasional blue sky between, the clouds, at least the lower level ones, looked more like ordinary Nimbostratus cloud (which probably helped to curb convection chances, although the higher level clouds may have been convective though was kinda hard to tell).

Mind you, could still be wrong as I can find it easy to mistake the appearance of both Cumulonibus and Nimbostratus clouds, but the clouds definitely still had a very stratus-like appearance to them during the afternoon/evening.

they did yeah, thought that, tomorrow should be more cumulus type anvil stuff, saw no anvils here at all today

Posted

Yey, hope so. :) I suppose Thursday did always look to be a more promising day for that kind of stuff.

Posted

GP looks to be pointing towards some drier and warmer weather for May and also possibly June! :D

Also the risk of some thundery breakdowns mentioned. :D

Posted

There's some nice, meaty looking cells approaching from the south?

They look as if they'll last out the night too.

Wouldn't it be nice to get a night storm, I can't remember the last one we had here, must be over 10 years ago??

Posted

We had thunderstorms during hours of darkness last year.

You might have, but you're 40 odd miles away from me :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

torrential downpour here at the mo...impressive that these bands of showers are holding together and might well continue to do so throughout the night.....Tomorrow is looking good especially to the north west of the region with the potential for some potent thunderstorms in the afternoon

Posted

looks like there's a bit of a 'gap' over the Midlands atm, bet it'll last all day and scupper our chances again? :D