Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts - April 2012 part 3

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

The rain was never forecast here. The SE who had the storms can now enjoy some boring weather although useful for the farmers. smile.png

the showers are kicking off to your north, no thunder/lightning, but a very heavy hail shower

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Quite a few lively showers have fired up over the north midlands and into east wales, some impressive radar echoes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

the showers are kicking off to your north, no thunder/lightning, but a very heavy hail shower

Yes indeed, but the frontal rain was never forecast here thankfully. The showers wont reach down here though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Going to get a lot of rain today, to start off with the band in the south was heading west to east but it has since started to stall and head back west again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Those showers north of here are clearly a result of a convergence of winds. Here, south of the showers, our winds are coming from the East/South East whilst North of the showers the winds are from the North East.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Well I was expecting today to be the dry day of the week but some torrential rain over the past couple of hours around Leeds means we're on 16mm and still going for the day! 88mm for the month so far too!

bb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

9.6mm of rain today from that persistent area of rain.. and we were not forecast heavy rain today, probably copped more than most places in the South..

Posted

Been on and off rain all day here, we appear to be sat under a pretty nifty convergence of winds as well, as on one side of town, the winds are westerly, and the other side they're easterly...

Posted

Shower in West Yorkshire looking like it will reach over the Pennines here in Manchester over the next hour, very slow moving.

Posted

Very heavy Rain in Leeds today non stop for a few hours crazy to say it was meant to be light showers all day.

Posted

skinny line of heavy showers running through, missing Stoke to the south, and cannock to the north, good time though for heavy showers the evening

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

11.8mm. This was definitely not forecast.. lol

Posted

15.7mm so far here in Buntingford.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Weak Storm to the sputh east of Shrewsbury... just missing me here in the town center, but looks lovely on the radar...

Edited by SalopWatcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Weak Storm to the sputh east of Shrewsbury... just missing me here in the town center, but looks lovely on the radar...

Does look a good'un. I'll give you 3 guesses as to what weather we have experienced today....(I'll give you a clue.......It doesn't involve storms lol)

Posted

Does look a good'un. I'll give you 3 guesses as to what weather we have experienced today....(I'll give you a clue.......It doesn't involve storms lol)

cloudy and dry, with light rain showers after 5pm, max temp of around 10C?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold blasts, snowy Summer hot sultry thunderstorms

Really weird no rain for a couple hours now the sky as clouded over and gone dark, but nothing on the radar!!! any ideas..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

cloudy and dry, with light rain showers after 5pm, max temp of around 10C?

Mostly cloudy but with some sunny interludes.....no rain to speak of. Basically the story of last summer.

Posted

Thin band of precipitation is continuing over my town, in fact it's so slim that it stretches from the M25 to just north of Bedford.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

IMO, it might just be worth keeping an eye on how the lows play out (and of course the models) as we enter the weekend. Pattern emerging in the models suggesting a warm plume of moist air will drift across much of Western Europe, with the UK largely excluded based on the latest runs. A model shift however could well enable some of that (likely to be unstable) air to drift into Eastern parts of the UK.

Highly conjecture and as I say not reflected in the models...but worth keeping a little eye on in the interim :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

IMO, it might just be worth keeping an eye on how the lows play out (and of course the models) as we enter the weekend. Pattern emerging in the models suggesting a warm plume of moist air will drift across much of Western Europe, with the UK largely excluded based on the latest runs. A model shift however could well enable some of that (likely to be unstable) air to drift into Eastern parts of the UK.

Highly conjecture and as I say not reflected in the models...but worth keeping a little eye on in the interim biggrin.png

Highly conjecture and as I say not reflected in the models...but worth keeping a little eye on in the interim biggrin.png

the First kent clipper of 2012!pleasantry.gifdirol.gifhi.gifspiteful.gifsmiliz23.gif

Posted

the First kent clipper of 2012!pleasantry.gifdirol.gifhi.gifspiteful.gifsmiliz23.gif

You know!!!

Posted

A similar probability being shown for this time next week also but that is a long time off.

Tomorrow could spring a few surprises. GFS has a convergence line setting up during the afternoon from Kent to Cumbria right over the top of where I am. There is a small amount of CAPE too so who knows, I may just get to hear a rumble late tomorrow afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

You know!!!

Hey, I have to add onto my 10 thunderstorms so far... lol!!

Harry, we need one of those french MCS imports, literally a 9-12hr overnight monster... will be good to not get any sleep ahah!

Posted

Hey, I have to add onto my 10 thunderstorms so far... lol!!

Harry, we need one of those french MCS imports, literally a 9-12hr overnight monster... will be good to not get any sleep ahah!

Christ, when was the last time the UK witnessed one of them? sad.png